Spencer's

Spencer's

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Girl's Trip To Vegas!!

Back in January my friend, Tiffany, called and asked if I would like to go to Vegas with her and Brette in June. I was super excited and said yes. My sister, Megan, decided to come too. So we had our tickets and everything planned to go way back in February. It felt like we were going to have to wait forever. But the time went fast and before I knew it we were going to be leaving the next day! Then I panicked a little. I've never left my family for that long (it was only 4 days)! But Richard was totally fine with it, and took time off to watch the kids.

We left early on Thursday morning. I met them on Highway 4, and away we went. We got to the Great Falls Airport at 10:15am. Our flight left at 11:50am. We got checked in and then had to go through security. Funny thing that happened, is Megan, who was right in front of me, got a code flash up and the guy told her it's just a random check. But it happened to be a random pat down. Poor Megan, I felt bad for her, but couldn't help laughing either.....what are sisters for!! ha ha!

We weren't sitting together at all. we were actually spread out all over the plane. The flight was good. We actually got to Vegas ahead of time, and had to wait on the tar mack for 15 minutes. Then we got our suitcases and got on a shuttle bus to the car rental place. I rented the car through Costco for a good price. We got our car and went on our way. It sure was HOT out!!
Proof that I was in a plane...beautiful picture!! he he!

Us just coming into Vegas. Love all that red rock!

We were all starving by the time we got on the road. So we stopped at an In N Out Burger and had a really late lunch. Then we drove to the Tropicana, that's where we were staying. We parked and took our stuff in and decided to go on down to the pool. It was so hot out, that it felt nice to relax in the cool pool. We stayed down there for about 3hrs.
Megan and I lounging at the pool1

Our beautiful feet! We both had a pedicure the day before, but you can't see the colors in this picture!

Oh so hot outside. I never lasted long on the chairs!!

There's Tiffany, Brette and Megan in the pool!

Me trying to sneakily take a picture of the "vampire" life guard. It was the weirdest thing I've ever seen. She was such an unnatural white that I couldn't get over it. She looked so spooky!!

It was just so nice to relax and not be in a huge hurry. We went back up and got dressed and decided to go find a place to eat. We went and found a Cafe Rio. So yummy. Then we stopped at Target to get a few things that we had forgotten. Then we parked the car and away we went walking down "The Strip". Even though the sun was down, it was still smoking hot outside. We did a LOT of walking. I think Megan was so enthralled with everything that she got into her own little mode and started speed walking. It was kind of funny. She was leaving all of us in the dust. I finally had to yell her name a few times and she stopped. We all started laughing!! We walked to the Bellagio to watch the cool Fountain show. We had to wait for about 10 minutes then it started.
Tiffany ,Brette and I with all the cool lights behind us!
Here's our awesome group!!

Me!!

I took a picture of Megan during the cool water show!

Lots of interesting people to see as you are walking. I couldn't imagine taking my kids there but there were a LOT of little kids walking around with their parents at 11pm at night! I had to take some pictures of some motorbikes, because I knew DJ would love to see them.....which he did!!
Megan's awesome smile!!! There's the motorbike coming out of a building!

Here's a bush motorbike!

By the time we made it back to the hotel, I was exhausted. I went straight to bed and I think I fell asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow. The next morning everyone told me I snored!! Ooops! Richard tells me that I snore but I never believed him. So I guess it's true!!

We decided to drive to find a place for breakfast. Someone suggested a good breakfast place. So away we went. It was actually very delicious. But the portions were HUGE!! We could of all shared!! ha ha! Oh well, it was a really good breakfast!
Brette and I with our HUGE yummy breakfast. I think I ate almost half of mine!

Then we headed back to the hotel and got in our swim suits and headed down to the pool. We stayed for about 3hrs. It was so nice to relax, swim and read. I got a lot of reading done there. It was fun to just laugh and visit too! I really enjoyed myself.
Megan and I lounging at the pool!!
 
We then went up and took turns showering and getting ready to go. We were going to go do some shopping then we had bought tickets for a show that night. We had finally decided to go to Le Reve, at the Wynn Hotel. So we got ready and then went to go shopping. We got to the Marketplace Mall, which is an outdoor mall. By this time, it was about 4pm. We agreed on meeting at a certain spot at 6;30pm. Megan and I walked around for about 20mins and I was about to melt. I was miserable and couldn't imagine staying there for another 2hrs. I'm such a baby! But Megan agreed with me. We went and got some frozen yogurt and sat outside eating it. I was looking around and pointed out to Megan that I think I found a movie theatre. We hurried up the stairs and tada! Sure enough there was a theatre and a movie was just starting. Perfect!! So we sat in a nice and cool building and watched, After Earth. It was perfect. We got out at 6:20pm. Perfect timing. We did stop at one store on the way to meet the other two and we both bought some cool looking bracelets. Tiffany and Brette were all surprised that we only bought one tiny thing. We kind of laughed and told them what we did!!
Picture of our bracelets that we "shopped" for!! ha ha! Megan has the blue one and I have the pink and yellow!

After we ate dinner at a yummy Pizza place, we then drove to the Wynn Hotel on the other side of the strip. We did the valet parking. Which is kind of cool, we drive right up to the front doors and they take our car and park it. Love it!! Plus it was free! Even better! We had to go register and get our tickets and then we had about 1hr to explore the hotel and outside. So we walked around and took some pictures.

Me by the cool butterflies!

Here's the Trump Tower!

Beautiful Megan!!
Megan, me and Tiffany in the Wynn Hotel!

Then we came back to the theater doors and waited there for the last 10mins. By this time, I felt so wiped out! So, so tired! Megan was pretty tired too! We were hoping we would get our second wind, but it never came! We got to our seats and waited for the show to start.


Megan and I and she has a funny expression!! ha ha! This is where we were waiting for the theatre to open.

The roof had these huge butterflies all over it.

This is where we sat and you can see the steam coming off of the water.

Megan and I waiting for the show to start.
Here's all 4 of us waiting for the show, "Le Reve"!!

Once the show started, it was pretty amazing. We were in a round theater to all seats were good seats. The stage was a big pool, which a plat form that could be raised up and down. Love the show, it was pretty amazing the things that they did. Glad we went.
This was at the beginning of the show. It was cool how they came out of the ceiling!

It's hard to see, but here's another cool picture and this is near the end of the show.

The end of the show! So awesome!

Me just as we were leaving!

After the show we came back to our hotel and Megan and I went up to the room. Brette and Tiffany decided to go do a little bit of gambling. I was just so tired! I slept so good that night. We all slept in till 9:30am. That was so nice!

Our plan for the day was to go eat breakfast and come back and lounge around the pool again. This was on Saturday and it was super HOT that day!! I did fine the other days, was always able to cool off in the pool. But this time I felt like I couldn't cool down. It was so hot. I would sit on my chair for a few minutes and be ready to go in the pool. So I basically sat in the pool for a couple of hours. But, silly me, my shoulders were out of the water. I got a really good sunburn. That doesn't happen to me very often. But, man, this one hurt. I was so hot, that my stomach was starting to hurt, so I called it a day. Megan came up with me. Brette and Tiff came up a while later.
Me being all cool, and sun bathing!!

Picture of my toes again!!
 
Then we were going to the Outlet mall to do some shopping. This time, Megan and I had our shopping game plan. I got a lot done in the 2hrs. No, skipping off to the movies this time!! Ha ha ha! I got all my shopping done for David and Jill's wedding. That was my goal. Plus I got a few other things.

We were planning on going to the Cheesecake Factory in Caesar's Palace for dinner. We had called to see how long the wait would be. They said about 30mins. Which isn't bad at all. So away we went. I came off the I15 and got onto the Strip. I only went 2 blocks but that took us forever. All parking at Caesar's was full. They directed us to a parking garage. We probably drove around for at least 30mins, looking for a parking spot. We finally found one! Yeah!!

The walk through Caesar's Palace was really cool. Megan and I took our time and took some pictures on the way. Then we stopped at H&M and did some shopping. They had some awesome sales going on. Then we walked over and met Tiffany and Brette.
One of the many fountains in Caesar's Palace.
Megan

Me, Megan and Tiffany!

Just in time too. We walked right in and got a table. It was a busy place, but we didn't wait too long. It was nice to sit and relax in a cool building. We had fun chatting and laughing. Our dinners were absolutely delicious! As we were walking out of the restaurant we noticed the HUGE fish tank with all these Sting Rays in it. Super cool. So Megs and I had to get our pictures with them!! ha ha!
Megan and I ready to eat some yummy food!!

Aaaaahhhhh, scary sting rays!!!

We walked slowly back to the parking garage. Had fun looking at all the sights and crazy people. Our plan was to go on the roller coaster when we got back to our hotel. We tried to get Brette to come with us, but there was no way. So she carried all our bags (there was a LOT), and went to do some gambling. Megan, Tiffany and I went to go on the roller coaster. Well, we ended up waiting for a long time. But then it was finally our turn. Tiffany and I sat together and Megan sat ahead of us. I screamed the whole way, until it did a crazy flip turn and whacked my head super hard against the seat. It hurt for a few days after too! Sheesh! It was a lot of fun. We were laughing so hard at the before and after pictures that they took of us. Mine was the craziest, I looked super serious at the beginning and then during I had a look of terror in my eyes and I was screaming!!! It was pretty funny. The other two had their eyes closed and head ducked (no fun!)!

We couldn't take our cameras with us and we didn't feel like paying an arm and a leg for our crazy pictures. So we stopped outside and got a picture with the roller coaster behind us. We were taking turns taking pictures of each other when a random guy came up and offered to take our picture together. So we did and he handed the camera back and stuck his hand out and said, "That will be $5". We all looked at him and laughed. We were kind of shocked and I think he was half serious. None of us had any cash. He then walked away.

Here's all 3 of us just after we went on the roller coast (which is right behind us)!!
 
 
Had to get a picture of the "castle"!!

A picture of the strip!
Another picture of us and the strip.

Megan and I just in front of our hotel, "Tropicana"!!

We took a few more pictures on the way back to our hotel. We were all pretty tired. Plus the crazy roller coaster ride about killed my shoulders. I was in a lot of sunburn pain!! It was going to be an early morning on Sunday, in order to be at the Airport by 6:30am. Oh the joys!!

I had a terrible sleep that night. I was excited to come home and my sunburn just wouldn't let me get comfortable. I was ready to wake up and get going! We left the hotel at 6am. We had to take our car back to the car rental place. I drove the whole time and I think I scared Brette only a few times! Ha ha!! Once I was trying to find a parking spot at our hotel and I got down to the end and realized there was no way to turn around. So I flipped it into reverse, looked in my mirrors and no one was around, so I stepped on the gas and we went flying backwards. He he, kind of fun!! Then the other time was in a parking garage too. We were on the top level and had to go all the way down, I could go down the middle so it looked like a roller coaster, up and down. I flew down and it felt like a roller coaster. She said, she didn't need to go on the New York roller coaster, because she just went on a crazy ride!!
Time to go back home!
 
One last picture of the pool as we walk over it!

We had a long wait through security. So luckily we got there early. Then we got some breakfast and sat at our gate and ate! I took a picture of the plane for my kids to see. Then we got on and had to wait for about an hour before we took off (what a pain). But then we were off. It was an awesome trip. So glad I went. I had so much fun!!
Ready to get on the plane!

Bye, bye Vegas....it was a BLAST!!

Cool picture of a lake with all sorts of different colors! Megan pointed it out to me!

Ha ha, there's Megan, who was sitting right behind me!

No comments: