Spencer's

Spencer's

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

May Long Weekend!

We really didn't do much this May long weekend. Our plan was to take the trailer down to Echo again. But we had some problems with our air shocks on the Escalade. So that had to be repaired. But then Richard was super busy and had to work all weekend. He's been working hard on a really BIG house. It has 7 bathrooms, and it's a lot of work for 1 plumber. But he's been doing it and I won't complain!

He decided to take off work early on Friday. He got off around 4pm. So we all went into Lethbridge for dinner at IHop. Our kids love it there and they always eat a really good supper when we go. Even though, they usually get a little wild. DJ is such a character and loves to get us laughing at him. He will change the tone of his voice and sometimes it's pretty funny! I always feel sorry for people around us!

It was actually pretty nice out, so afterwards we took the kids to Henderson Park and let them run off some energy. They were super excited and loved to run around. It's nice to sit and watch them. We stayed for about 30mins. Then the big black clouds started coming in, so we took off.

We stopped at Walmart to get a few things. Of course, that's always a gong show! Kids running around everywhere. DJ's game is to stand still and wait till I get way ahead of him, then he lets out a crazy scream and races up to me. He does that if were by ourselves or with his sisters. But when he's with his sisters, it gets a bit crazier. One time him and Abbi went and hid and I couldn't find them anywhere. Then I lost Cadence and Brianna. So I went up to the checkouts by myself and paid for the stuff. By then Cadence showed up. By this time I was getting a little upset. We went walking around and I was randomly calling out the names. They came flying out laughing from different areas. Oh my goodness, drive me crazy! Anyways, this time wasn't as bad. But it was kind of crazy.
My crazy kids in Walmart!!

On Saturday, Richard had to work, so we hurried and got our chores done and then we went out to the farm. Cody and Em and their kids were out there and so were Brent and Tiff. Mom and Dad and Megan, David and Jill all went to Utah for the long weekend. So we went to go hang out with them for the day. The kids had a blast. We didn't do much, just hung out. We did go out and see the horses. I got a cute picture of Cody and Evan together. Evan absolutely loved the horses.
Cody and his boy, Evan, petting the horse!

On the way home we stopped at the house Richard was working at. The kids had fun exploring and then he followed us home, where we had supper together. It turned out to be a fun day. It had rained on and off all day, so there was huge puddles everywhere. Abbi and Cadence decided to go riding through the puddles. It was funny to watch them. They were a mess afterwards! Oh well, it was Saturday and shower night anyways! They thought it was hilarious!
Abbi was a maniac, riding through those puddles!

Cadence started out very cautious and then started going faster and faster!

Abbi showing us how muddy she got!

She was covered in mud!

Cadence showing us her muddy bike and crazy smile!

She was pretty muddy too!

On Sunday we went out to Cardston after church. The power had went out there, so we had to impervise for supper. But it was still good and fun to visit. My kids had a blast running around outside. I am so glad that all my kids love playing outside. It's a great thing!

On Monday it was a beautiful day, so we worked outside. The kids and I did. Richard had to work again. I was able to get the lawn mowers going and cut the grass. The kids helped by picking up all the toys. It was nice to get all that done. Afterwards, the girls rode their bikes to Roosters and DJ and I met them there. We got some groceries and then I bought them a treat and we sat outside and ate it! It was kind of a quiet weekend but we still had fun.
Sitting in front of Roosters eating their treats!

No comments: