Spencer's

Spencer's

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

My Monthly Catch Up!!

I am really starting to struggle to update my blog. Which makes me sad, because my kids LOVE to read and look at pictures in our "Blog Books". I have 4 of them, and they are a huge hit. I want to keep doing it each year. So I am going to do a quick catch up!

1. We had two long weekends in a row in May. I took the kids to Lethbridge and we went shopping. Then we got McDonald's and took it to a park and ate. It was a huge hit. The kids had so much fun!! It was a new park by a new man made lake. Well my kids can't stay away from the water. I kept telling them not to go in the water. So they were exploring all the rocky shore line. Abbi actually found a big snail and she was one happy girl!! I got a few looks, because I don't think we were supposed to be down there. Oh well! They didn't go in the water!! ha ha!
My "triplets"!! Cadence showing me some attitude!!

DJ making his toy "fly" down the slide!
Brianna showing me how good she can do the monkey bars!


Abbi showing me how she can do the monkey bars!

Cadence mastering the monkey bars too!

My crazy girls exploring down by the water.

Abbi showing me her snail! Brianna had to be in the picture!!

Climbing up the wall of rocks!

My 4 cute kids!!!

2. DJ's hair is so crazy to do sometimes. It gets to a certain length and then it just sticks straight up around his hair line. It looks crazy. So one day we made it into a spiky Mohawk. Usually he hates it when I try to spike his hair. This time he loved it!! He kept calling it his "BIG pokey"!

3. A few weeks ago was the girls bike rodeo at school. All my girls were super excited about it. That morning they woke up and Abbi was not feeling good. So I called the school and they said it was in the afternoon. So we agreed that she would stay home and see how she was feeling in the afternoon. She really wanted to go. Anyways, I guess they did it in the morning. I picked Brianna and Cadence up for lunch and they were both sad for Abbi, because she missed it. Cadence felt so bad about it that she got an extra pencil for Abbi and wrote her a note. It was so cute. This is what it said, (I'm writing exactly as she wrote it)  "ABBi sore Ms the Bek wodi"....translation "Abbi sorry miss the bike rodeo".

4. On that same note....I phoned and got a doctor's appointment for Abbi. I could tell she wasn't feeling good. She just laid around and actually had a nap. Poor girl! So we picked the other 2 up from school and went straight into the doctor's office. We got there at 3:40pm. Well we ended up waiting there for a LONG time. My kids got very crazy, except Abbi. She just kind of sprawled on my lap the whole time. I was starting to get looks when DJ was crawling around the room like a crazy puppy. It didn't help when I got up to get him, because he just laughed and crawled away really fast. Drive me crazy. Someone said something and I just smiled and replied, "Can you tell he's not the sick one?" That got a laugh or two. But by then I was done. Luckily we got in next and had to wait in the room, where DJ was being the doctor and having Cadence lay on the bed while he examined her. Well that gets her giggling really loud. It was kind of funny. The doctor finally came in and sure enough, Abbi has strep throat. She was running a fever too. By the time we walked out of the office we had been in there for 2 hrs. Crazy!
My sick, sick Abbi! She was not feeling good at all.

5. I've been driving bus quite a bit lately. I drove it one Friday all day long. I did the morning pick up. Where I guess I left a family. Seriously, though, how long do you wait in the driveway? I waited and waited, honked the horn, waited some more, turned around and stopped and made sure no one was coming then left. It's not like I didn't give them a chance. Anyways, then DJ and I took some special needs kids into Nicholas Sheran to swim. So we got to swim too. DJ loves that. We've done it a few times. It's a fun time to spend together. He absolutely loves it and always asks when we are going again. The thing is after swimming he is usually exhausted. Sure enough he fell asleep in the most awkward position ever. Silly boy!

6. The girls participated in the Walk/Run club this year. So they walked/ran a total of 22kms. They did it in a 6 week period. DJ and I would come and sometimes do it with them. It got so bad when I left that I stopped coming. I would have girls (or I should say Cadence) crying and begging me not to leave her. But she was just fine if she didn't know that I was there. I came on the last day (Abbi also missed this because she was sick) to watch them run in from the last 2kms. I was so proud of them. They all got t-shirts and got to sign each others. They brought Abbi's t-shirt home for her. Way to go girls!
Cadence, Lillie (our neighbour), and Brianna just after they finished their run!

Cadence signing Bailey's t-shirt!

Brianna signing someones shirt!

Cadence signing a dog! The owner was letting all the kids sign the dog with sharpies. Crazy!

Brianna signing one of her friends shirts!

7. DJ has been doing so good with his speech lately. He still goes to speech once a week in Raymond. I registered him for pre-school for the fall. I am a little sad about him starting school. He's not too sure about it either. We will see how it goes. It's only twice a week in the morning. I am sure we will survive! Not sure what I will do without my DJ with me! He's my little shadow and does everything with me!!
My cute boy walking out of the mall with his new glasses, hat and tie on!! Love him!

8. My girls are counting down the days till school is over. Only 4 more to go! YEAH!! I can't wait either, it will be nice to have a break from all the schedules! Now for our crazy summer to start. With David getting married beginning of July and then I'm going to YW's camp the next week. It's going to be fun!!
Cadence ready to go to school. I wouldn't let her just wear the skirt (way too short), so we cut one of her tights into shorts. She insisted on wearing the cut off parts on her arms!! Crazy girl!!

9. The town is going to pave our road this summer. I am super excited about that. The kids are too. No more muddy road to walk or ride on!

10. Last weekend, I went to Vegas with my sister, Megan and friends, Tiffany and Brette. We all had a blast. It was so much fun. We were there for 4 days. So fun! I will have a separate post on that!
On the plane to Vegas!!

Just coming into Vegas!

No comments: