Spencer's

Spencer's

Thursday, September 4, 2014

Paxman Camping Part 2!

I went to bed that night with a really sore back. So sore, that it would start spasming on me. It was very painful. DJ woke me up in the middle of the night for a snack. I had to walk down the long, steep stairs. I slipped at the top and fell, but I was hanging onto the bannister. It yanked me and I felt my back pop. I stood up and it felt wonderful. Really funny, but it adjusted my back! Perfect!

So I woke up feeling really good in the morning. Richard had gotten up early and went back home to go to work. We had breakfast and the kids were playing around. Cam and Kim were packing up all their stuff because they were taking off that morning. Steve and Stacey and their kids met us at 10:30 and we took off for Waterton.

We went to Emerald Bay and set up for a picnic. My kids were excited to play in the water. Oh, except for DJ. He was being super stubborn and wouldn't get out of the truck. The heat really is hard on him. I make sure he always has a hat on, but it was really hot outside. I finally got him out of the truck, but he wouldn't sit at the table with us because it was too hot. So I found a spot under a tree, but then it was too rocky. So I got his booster seat out and he sat there and ate his lunch. Sheesh, crazy kid!
Everyone getting ready to eat our picnic!

DJ sitting under the tree in his booster seat eating his lunch. Silly boy!

After we ate lunch all the kids got their swimsuits on and went swimming in the lake. Stewarts brought a really cool tube that all my kids had so much fun on with Mikah and Shaylee. It was a really hot day, so they had fun splashing in the cold lake!
Mikah and Shaylee with my four kids floating on their big tube!

We decided to go into Waterton after that. We went and parked by the splash park and then walked over to Big Scoop for some yummy ice cream. I got all my kids 1 scoop in a waffle cone. They were huge. But surprisingly they ate it all up! We just sat around and enjoyed our ice cream.
Eating our yummy ice cream cones!

DJ was really enjoying his ice cream!

Then I walked back to the spray park with my kids and Mikah and Shaylee. The others went walking around the shops. The kids had fun running through the water. We just watched them for a bit. Then we got everyone dressed and drove up to Red Rock Canyon.

We were going to do a hike but all the kids were complaining that it was way too hot. So we decided to go down into the canyon and hike in the water. It was a great decision. It was a great way to do a hike and stay cool at the same time. My kids had an absolute blast. It was so much fun!
All the kids on the hike. So cute!

My kids and I on the hike at Red Rock Canyon!

Abbi and DJ walking through the water.

Walking through a deeper part. Brrrrr, it was cold!

Love these kids!

They were being super brave, but you can tell it's cold by looking at their faces!

We even found a natural little water slide that the kids all tried. It was so fun to watch them! Some were even brave enough to duck their heads under the water. Crazy! My feet were starting to go numb at this point! Ha ha!We hiked a little bit further and then decided to turn around and head back.
Brianna at the bottom of the water slide!

Cadence going down the slide!

Abbi's turn to go down. She went down a lot!

DJ going down. He was a little nervous and not too sure if he wanted to go.

But he did it! Yeah!

DJ was getting tired and was starting to trip and fall everywhere and was getting upset. So I hung onto his hand and we were helping each other. Then I ended up slipping and landing right on my butt in the water! Ha ha! I'm sure it looked hilarious. DJ wasn't too amused! But we made it back. We were all soaking wet. It was a fun hike. We had some snacks by the vehicles and then headed back to the cabin.
My camo boy!! Can you see him?!

A picture with my kids just before we turned around to head back!

Stacey and Steve were making supper this time. Tiffani and I decided to get together some fun games for minute to win it. So we were preparing that so we could do it after supper. We had a yummy supper of spaghetti and then we cleaned up to get ready for the games.

We divided everyone up into 4 teams. My kids were super excited to be apart of the games. We made sure that they were all on a different team. It worked out perfect. We had 8 different minute to win it games to play. It was a blast. So funny! We were all laughing. It was fun times!
Brent and Chase had to make the cups fall off the table with the air from the balloon. I believe they had to do 12 cups.

Mom, Stacey, Shaylee and Mikah had to pull out the Kleenex with one hand. So funny!

Uncle Steve stuffed DJ's shirt and shorts with balloons. DJ loved it! Ha ha!

Cadence unwrapping her ribbon! This is just before she crashed into the badminton net!

Tiffani, Megan and Mikah unwrapping their ribbon too!

After everyone left, we started a fire for my kids. They really wanted to sit by the fire. We didn't have any marsh mellows to roast but we did have some starbursts. So we roasted and ate those! It was beautiful out so we took a picture with me and my kids!
Roasting their starbursts!!

My 4 crazy, awesome kids with me!! If you look closely you can see Chief Mountain in the background!

I moved all our stuff to the downstairs bedroom. I thought it would be cooler, which it was. It was way too hot up in the loft. The kids went to bed so much easier. Then I came out and played a bunch of games with Brent, Tiff, mom and Megan. Megan had come up after work and was staying the night because she had Wed off.

No comments: