Spencer's

Spencer's

Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Surveyor's Lake 2016!

We had so much fun last year that we decided to go to Surveyor's Lake again this year. I got us all packed up and ready so we could leave Friday afternoon. Richard had to work a bit longer. So we ended up eating supper at home and then we took off. By the time we got on the road it was after 6pm. I wasn't feeling the greatest. Wasn't sure what was wrong but the longer we drove the worse I felt. So Richard said we were going to stay in Pincher Creek. We actually stayed in the Ramada there and the kids were super excited. It had a water slide and they had a blast swimming and going on the slide. I wasn't feeling good at all, so I didn't end up swimming at all. I went over to Walmart and got some medicine. Luckily after a good nights sleep I felt a bit better in the morning.

We had breakfast and then we were ready to go. Away we went. We decided to do a little sight seeing before we got to Surveyors Lake. So we stopped at the Frank Slide Interpreter Center. The kids thought it would be cool to learn more. It was super interesting. I learned a lot too. We got to go through the center and then watch a few movies on the night that the slide happened. It was super good. We all loved it. So glad we decided to stop and learn more. It was a fun morning.
Checking out the Turtle Mountain!

DJ thought it was funny that he jumped in front of my camera!!

Brianna taking a look!

Cadence had to look too!

DJ trying out one of the hands on displays.

Brianna jumping on a scale to see what a tremor would look like on a computer screen.

Richard with the kids all in front of Turtle Mountain.

Me and my kids!!

My four amazing kids! Love them all so much!

Cool picture of the mountains and the clouds!

Then away we went to Surveyors. We got there in the afternoon. We had just enough time to set up the trailer before it started to pour. It rained most of the evening. It stopped for a bit and I went for a little walk with some of my kids. But then it started pouring when we were on our way back. So I got wet!! The kids went to bed and I was sitting outside under our awning. It wasn't cold out, just wet. Then I saw my cousin, Rachel, walking to the bathroom. So I ran and talked to her. They had just gotten there that day too! It was fun visiting and we hung out a bit during our stay!

On Saturday it was a little cloudy but not rainy, so we went and set up on the beach. The kids had fun playing in the sand and water. It was fun watching them play. We stayed for a few hours, but then it started getting really cloudy and I was feeling some drops. So we packed up and got back to the trailer before it poured. While it rained, I had a nap and the kids had fun painting. I had brought some painting supplies and they loved that!
All the kids painting in the trailer.

Richard and Abbi getting the dingy ready to go in the water.

DJ and Brianna playing in the sand together.


Cadence swimming across the lake.

What a cute boy I have!

Brianna and DJ having so much fun together.

By Saturday evening it was beautiful out again. I took a few of my kids and met up with Rachel and her family. We were checking out the lake to see if we could find any turtles. It was so nice out that my kids ended up in the lake. In their clothes! Ha ha! They had a blast. There wasn't a breeze and they had so much fun playing!

Sunday morning we woke up and had to move our trailer to another spot. So we packed up and moved it. I had noticed that Brianna wasn't feeling that great. She just wanted to lay down in our bed. She didn't want to move. I gave her some Tylenol and then we packed up to move. She seemed to be doing better. Oh as Richard was backing up the trailer in our new spot I was guiding him. I told him to stop so I could check the back. I guess he didn't hear me. He kept moving and I screamed STOP! Well he slammed on the brakes and the trailer was seriously a inch from slamming into the tree. It was crazy. But it was all good! Ha ha! We were just one of those crazy couples for a few minutes that scream at each other! Ha ha!

After we got set up Brianna came back in and laid down. The poor girl was pretty miserable. I finally looked in her mouth with a flashlight and I could tell that she had strep throat. It looked horrible. So we packed up and went home. The kids were a little bit sad, but I needed to get her to the Dr's first thing in the morning. I did and sure enough it was strep. I took Cadence the same day in the afternoon and she had strep too. Sheesh! Good thing we came home. No fun camping with sick kids.

Even though it was a short, and rainy camping trip. We still had fun. Glad we went. It's fun to hang out with my family!

No comments: