Spencer's

Spencer's

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Happenings!

I have nothing really exciting to post. I just thought I'd write down what's been happening his past week. Last weekend my nephew, Chase, had a basketball tournament here in Magrath. We went and watched him Friday afternoon. His team won and that meant he was going to play again Saturday morning.


Well Stacey had talked to me ahead of time and we had supper out our house. It was Mikah's 11th birthday so we had a little birthday party. My girls were so excited. I decided to get a pinata (this was a last minute decision) and tell them it was for everyone who's had a birthday in Dec and Jan. It's my cheap way of getting out of throwing a birthday party (not my favorite thing to do). They were so excited. We had a lot of people there that had had birthdays. To name them: Stacey, Mom, Megan, Abbi, Brianna, Cadence, Mikah and Shaylee. So we had pizza for supper and ice cream cake. Mikah opened her presents then I told everyone we had a pinata downstairs. They were all excited.


So down we went and everyone got a few turns, until it busted open. It was so funny to watch everyone dive to the ground. DJ wasn't liking hitting the pinata. He was buds with Trayden and wouldn't let Trayden put him down (he wasn't feeling the best). But when that candy went flying he ran in the middle and started throwing the candy around. Then he noticed everyone was grabbing candy and making a pile in front of them. So he then started grabbing handfuls and pulling it in front of him. It was so funny. He had a HUGE pile that we gave to others too. It was a big hit, especially for my kids, they loved it!
DJ was the first one to hit the pinata. This picture makes it look like I'm a floating head! ha ha ha!
Brianna taking her turn at hitting the star! Love how we hung it? Richard and Dad were getting tired from holding it!
Cadence trying to hit it as hard as she could!
Here's the birthday girl, Mikah, taking her turn at whacking the star!



We woke up Saturday morning to snow. I should say a blizzard. It was blowing so hard and snowing. I was glad we weren't going anywhere outside of Magrath. We went and watched Chase's game at 9:15am and they won that. It was a close game and fun to watch. We went to the finals at 2pm and they played against Magrath. Chase's team won the tournament. Way to go Chase! It was fun to cheer for him and his team. They did so good!


It was a relaxing weekend. I have to say that I feel kind of spoiled to pull my suburban into my heated garage. It's so nice! I can get the kids out into a nice warm garage, and take my time getting my grocery's out, without freezing to death! It snowed all night and we woke up to huge drifts everywhere on Sunday. I went to church with the girls. DJ still wasn't the happiest kid and still potty training. Richard wasn't feeling good either so they stayed home. I opened the garage door and was shocked with how much snow there was and how cold it was. I had to put the burb in 4x4 and floor it out. I got to the street, which was worse, and told the girls to hang on. I floored it again and we barely made it down the street. It was crazy. They were all yelling and laughing at me! It was pretty crazy out there. I didn't take any pictures though. We just stayed home after we got home from church. It was nice to relax in our warm house!


DJ is doing so good with his potty training. He finally got his Mack truck. He loves it! He's at the point where I can just remind him to tell me if he has to go to the potty. He'll be downstairs playing, while I'm making supper or something, and I'll hear a clump, clump, clump, up the stairs. He comes running around the corner yelling, "MUM" and either plugging his nose (meaning he has to pee, or has one hand on his bottom)! It's so funny. I'll run him in and sit him down and he'll go without all the screaming now. Yeah! It's been great.
He'll just go sit down and play with his new truck. He loves to load as many cars as he can in it, then he'll dump them out and do it again!
He just dumped the cars out and deciding which ones to load first!



On Monday DJ was still so sad. He had his happy moments, but mostly wanted me to hold him. I should of taken him to the doctors on Friday. But I took him in on Monday. Dr. S looked at him and sure enough he had strep and ear infections. Poor kid. No wonder he's been so miserable. He's on medicine now and is feeling a lot better. Man, he's tough. He reminds me of Abbi. They don't complain very much. If it was Cadence or Brianna, I would know for sure if something was wrong! Cadence just screamed whenever she had ear infections (which was a lot when she was younger), and never stopped! Brianna would just go lay down and not move when she was sick, and she still does that. But DJ and Abbi will complain a little, or be a little grumpy, but they still do everything and have happy moments. So I have a harder time deciding if they are sick or not! It's easier now that Abbi can tell me.


With the cold weather we've stayed inside most of the time. It's just been way too cold to go out and play. The kids really want to go play in the snow, maybe tomorrow. But we've had fun playing and painting pictures, and coloring. We also made some cookies together. All the kids had fun with that. DJ loves to play with his dad. If Richard gets on the floor or bends over, DJ will launch himself at his dad and scramble onto his back. It's so funny to watch. DJ loves to go for a ride on his dad's back!
Here are all the kids helping me make cookies! DJ always has to be right on the cupboard!
DJ going for a ride on his dad's back! He's pretty good at holding on tight with his legs and staying on! Funny to watch!



So that's what's been happening around here. Like I said nothing too exciting. Oh I should write down something Abbi said. I was taking Abbi and Brianna over to their friends, Lillie's house. I was snack mom for Cadence. Anyways Abbi must of heard me talk to Lillie's mom and I called her by her first name, Barbie. I told Abbi and Brianna that morning that they were going for to play with Lillie. Well Abbi looked at me with a concerned look and said, "Now mom do I call Lillie's mom Barbie?" I replied (trying not to laugh, because she looked so serious), "No you can call her Lillie's mom or Sister Stringham." She then looked at me and said, "But her name is Barbie right?" Sheesh what a funny girl. She doesn't miss a thing!


Have a good rest of the week!

No comments: