Spencer's

Spencer's

Thursday, January 6, 2011

It's A New Year!

This is very late, but better late than never! I can't believe 2010 is gone. Here we are in the new year, 2011. I felt like 2010 was GREAT! We learned, loved and laughed, a lot during the year, with maybe a little bit of crying!!

We again decided to do our own New Year's Eve party with our kids (early of course)! Then we got a baby sitter, once the kids were asleep, and went over to our friends house, the Jenkin's. To start our party I told the girls on the way home from Raymond that we were going to have a party. We stopped and rented a movie that the kids would like. They were so excited, but I kept telling them that we weren't having the party till things were picked up, jammies on and supper over with. Well we got home and I started to get supper ready. I heard Cadence yell my name and went to see what was up. All three were standing in the bootroom in their jammies on (it's only 4:30pm) with big smiles on their faces! They cleaned up and got their little table all ready for the snacks and treats! It was so cute.

We made them come eat first then we cleaned supper up and went downstairs to start our party! The kids were SO EXCITED! I made plates of goodies and took them downstairs. They had their little tea plates and cups set up on the table. I also made them a yummy drink (apple juice with sprite). They snacked and drank and laughed at their movie. It was a lot of fun.
Here they are snacking at their table and watching their movie!



Once the movie was over I handed out their party hats, and horns and we counted down from 10. Richard had some confetti poppers (4 of them) that he pulled when we got to 1 and yelled, HAPPY NEW YEAR. The kids thought that was great. They loved their party and had a blast. They were ready for bed!
HAPPY NEW YEAR!! The kids had a blast with their horns and poppers!



We are so lucky to have such great kids! They go to bed so good. If we ever let them stay up past 7:30pm, Cadence is the first one that comes to us and tells us it's their bed time. I swear, she has an internal clock in her head! She has a hard time staying up late. Which is nice. The others would stay up late, but they don't fight going to bed. So they were all in bed and asleep by 7:40pm.


We then went over to the Jenkin's and had fun with their family. We didn't do anything to exciting. It was just fun to talk and laugh the time away! Oh, and eat! Lots of yummy things. We actually made it till midnight and then came home. I was so tired. Gave Richard his New Year's kiss and I was asleep!


New Year's day came bright and early. We went to Raymond at noon for the Pitcher Family get together. It was so much fun. We did it last year, and will probably try to do it every year. Mom books the church and we have the gym and kitchen and other rooms to socialize in. We played games, played ball, ate lots and did a lot of visiting.The kids got pulled behind the quad and had fun with that. I went once and almost froze my face off, it was cold out!
DJ loves watching his older cousins play basketball, then he'll go out and try to play too!
This was the "eating" room! It was a relaxing and fun day!



We were there from 12-7pm. We left and came home with very tired kids. DJ didn't get a nap, so he was gone by the time we got to the highway. He kind of woke up when we got home but all he wanted was his bed, he didn't even want me to take off his coat! It was a very fun day.


On Sunday we didn't have church till 11am. I wish we could always go to church at 9am. It's my favorite time! We get home in time for lunch and nap time! I find 11am a hard time. But we survived it the first week! The girls are now in CTR 5. DJ is still in nursery. He loves going now. Doesn't cry any more! YEAH! I went to pick him up and they were playing a monkey game where they were jumping up and down and acting like monkeys. He didn't want to leave! All this week he will all of the sudden act like a monkey! It's so cute. His favorite jammies now (over his puppy ones) are his new chistmas monkey jammies! Always wants to wear them. He's a funny boy when it comes to clothes. Anyways I have a whole nother post of my big boy!


The girls were very excited to learn that their primary teacher moved up with them. PHEW! That's all I have to say. I was preparing them to get a new teacher. They were not happy about it and Abbi even said she wouldn't go. So we were all happy to learn that Sister Perry is still teaching them. She's a great teacher and my kids love her. As a sidenote to myself she is Donna Fraser's sister. Donna taught me in Young Women's, way back when. I was pretty close to Donna and still enjoy running into her and visiting. So it's kind of neat that the girl's favorite teacher is Donna's sister! Brother Johnson (Donna's and Sis Perry's father), also is in our ward. I think we entertain him in church. For some reason, DJ has always gone up to Bro Johnson and either gives him a hug or shakes his hand. Sometimes this happens in the middle of Sacrament meeting! He's so good with DJ! I really enjoy our ward.
A beautiful picture of a sunset. The girls will call out to me, "Mom, hurry the sky is pink, come see!"


Anyways we had a Happy New Year and I hope everyone else did too!

No comments: