Spencer's

Spencer's

Monday, June 27, 2011

Playing at Grandma's and Boating!

Richard has been very busy with work. Last Monday, he had to work late, so I went out to my parents to have a wiener roast. The kids were excited and it was fun times. I did a quick little FHE lesson too. So it was fun and good! We went and roasted marshmellows for treat, which was yummy but also a huge mess! I don't know how Cadence does it but she gets it EVERYWHERE! Grandpa was a mess too, but he claims it was because Cadence sat beside him! Hmmm, don't know dad but I think she got her messiness from you!! ha ha!
Getting ready to go out to the farm for FHE! I noticed that DJ was all matchy, matchy with his blue and orange shoes, and outfit and my old hat! Too funny!

My mom watched 2 of my kids Tuesday morning while I ran to Lethbridge to do some shopping and errands. DJ and Abbi stayed with my mom. They had fun and were happy when we got back. DJ had a blast playing with the toy tractors in the living room. I thought it was funny how he made "mountains" out of all the pillows. It kept him occupied for awhile.
DJ happily playing with his tractors!

He set up his own "mountains"! Funny boy!


My mom got these cute magnet dolls from a lady. The lady gave them to her for my girls because the dolls were A, B and C names. Anyways it's a fun toy for the girls to play with at Grandma's. They had fun checking it out.
Grandma and the girls playing with the magnet dolls and dressing them.

Oh, funny thing that happened, and this is totally random....but I caught Cadence with scissors. She cut a piece of Brianna's hair. I threatened to cut off her hair (crazy mom), and she screamed no. I talked to her and told her not to do it again. We were leaving my bathroom when I noticed Abbi on my bed. She gave a BIG sigh and said, "Aahhh, kids, right mom." It was so random and totally unexpected that it made me laugh so hard. Abbi was being totally serious too! She cracks me up!

After swimming lessons we headed out to St. Mary's Dam to meet up with Brent, Tiff and Megan. We took the boat out for the first time this year. The water was SO HIGH. I couldn't drive to Wally's Beach, because they had the gate locked. So we all went on the boat. The kids had so much fun playing in the sand and water. We made a fire on the beach and roasted hotdogs and marshmellows (my kids ate way too many hotdogs this week!)! It was too cold for me to get in the water but it was a fun, relaxing time! It was funny to watch each of my kids do a face plant in the sand, from running down the sand hill. It was pretty hilarious! They laughed about it too!
DJ had so much fun digging and playing in the sand.

Cadence was running in and out of the water. You can see Cain swimming in the water. She was always keeping a close eye on Cain, so he wouldn't get too close to her!

Brianna running around while her aunts Tiff and Megan are trying to get a tan!

Cadence running away from Cain. Brent and his friend, Mark trying to get us a fire going!

Cadence roasting her own marsh mellow!

Everyone just playing and having fun. That is the sand hill that the kids would come racing down and do face plants!!

Brianna, Cadence, DJ and I rode the tube back to the docks. It was a long ride but they all liked it. DJ wasn't too sure. He didn't like the wind in his face. So he grabbed my hand and clamped it over his face and then he was fine! If I moved my hand he would grab it and put it back! He is so funny! We got back and his hair was stick straight up! Too cute!

My mom was waiting for us at home, so she could watch my kids. I ran to the parent kindergarten meeting. I can't believe my girls are going to kindergarten. I didn't realize that we have to buy things for kindergarten. They had a whole list of things. I guess the fun is just beginning......buying 3 of everything! Can't wait to label everything...NOT!! Oh well! I am planning on getting my name on the sub list for bus drivers here in Magrath. I already got the ball rolling and am hoping by September that I'll be on the list. That way when the kids go on field trips, I can hopefully be their bus driver. I'd love to do that.

Hopefully we'll have some nice summer days to enjoy lots of more boating this summer!

3 comments:

Jay&Nic said...

Looks like you guys had a blast! I miss the days of the lake and bon fires:)

suzi said...

Oh your girls could not look any more different, they are so cute! Won't it be nice when they start kindergarden soon, maybe you'll be bored! Your boat looks like ours, is it a bayliner? We won't be using it this summer :(
Yes, Dan Webster is my sister in laws brother, that is cool you live beside them.

jonutz gang said...

I want to go with you that water looked fantastic. Looks like you guys have been busy as always :). Always thinking of you and miss you so much.