Spencer's

Spencer's

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Christmas Concert and Gingerbread Houses!

On Monday, Dec 19 we made gingerbread houses for FHE. The kids had so much fun doing it and the girls mostly did things on their own. We had 2 houses so we divided them up into teams of two. I believe it was Abbi and DJ on one team with dad helping them and Cadence and Brianna with me helping them! I cheated and got the house already put together and all we had to to was put the icing on and decorate it. It made it fun and very easy!
Abbi and DJ (as he is sucking on the icing bag...so gross!) with their finished product! I think DJ just enjoyed eating as much candy as he could!!!

Cadence and Brianna with their house. They worked very well together and loved their house. So cute!

This year was the girls first year to participate in the Magrath Elementary School Christmas Concert. Oh, before we went DJ had a little accident here at home. It was probably around 4pm and we had just gotten back from the store. He was being goofy and hopping around everywhere. I told him to come take his shoes off and he said no and continued to hop towards the downstairs. He tripped on his shoes and went flying downstairs. He flew through the air and hit the 4th stair right on his nose and cheek, with his feet straight up in the air. His back slammed against the stairs and then he flew and landed at the bottom on his head. It was so scary. I ran down and got him. Anyways he hardly cried and just wanted to cuddle on the couch and watch a movie. I ended up taking him into the hospital the next morning and they said he has a mild concussion. Poor little boy. I felt so bad. They said next time if something like that happens again the the child hardly cries, then I need to bring them right into the hospital, that it's a sign of a concussion.

So when we went to the concert DJ kept laying his head on the bench and was trying to go to sleep. So, luckily the girls class was the 1st one. We watched them and then Richard took DJ home and put him to bed. We stayed and watched the rest of the concert with my parents and my Grandpa Pitcher. The girls did so good singing their song. They were all singing and doing the actions. It was super cute! I can't believe how big they are getting! It was a fun night!
My 3 cute girls in their Christmas outfits! They were so excited, can you tell by Cadence's smile?!

Not the greatest picture but here they are signing with all the kindergardeners! My girls are all in the front row, Abbi has her head down in the middle of the row, Cadence and Brianna are near the end on the left side.

My girls, after the concert, with their Grandpa Paxman and Great Grandpa Pitcher! Thanks for coming!

On Wednesday afternoon at 4:30pm we went to the Magrath Stake Campground for a ward sledding party. It had snowed a little that morning, so we were able to actually sled. There wasn't very many people that came out, but I'm so glad we went. We had a blast. The kids had so much fun sliding down the big hill! We had hotdogs for supper with hot chocolate! It was a fun time!
My cute little family coming up the hill together!

DJ and his dad flying down the hill!

Brianna borrowed someones sled and loved it!

Richard and DJ relaxing in front of the fire and warming up!

The girls last day of school was on Thursday. I signed up to be the mom helper for the Christmas party. I made some cupcakes for the girls' birthday (they were sung to that day too), and some sugar cookies for the kids to decorate. I was at a center and the kids took turns coming and each decorating a cookie and cupcake and eating them. It was fun to see my girls interact in their class. They were so excited to see me come in too, which makes me happy!
Our friend, Carole Jenkins' made the kids their own toque and scarf for Christmas. My girls loved them. So cute.

On Friday my family had an early Christmas get together so everyone could see everyone! Steve and Stacey came home for Christmas and we all wanted to get together. We had steak dinner and then exchanged gifts. It was a fun evening! We stayed up very late. This week has been a little crazy with getting kids to bed. Plus with DJ's concussion, I haven't gotten very much sleep. He keeps waking up in the middle of the night and then he's up. It's been a little crazy! I feel like I have a newborn again, I can hardly function! DJ got hit in the head hard again yesterday (boxing day) and now he has a black eye. The doctor told us to be very careful with his head and I've been a little worried. I'm probably going to take him back in to the doctor again tomorrow. Anyways that was a bit off topic! So that's a quick review of our week. I'll do a separate post for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day and then one for my Boxing Day Babies!!! Hope everyone had a great Christmas!

No comments: