Spencer's

Spencer's

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Family Dance!

Magrath Elementary School has a fun tradition every year where they have a family dance. Each grade from pre-school on, put on a dance for everyone to watch. My girls were very excited about it. The dance was yesterday, Monday, Feb 13, 2012. It was kind of a crazy day. First off Cadence was the "Cookie of the week" and she had to bring in her poster that we did all of her. I don't know why I named my kids A, B, and C. Not very smart because I ended up doing 3 cookies of the week almost in a row. I did have one week of a break. Anyways, this is the last week and then I'm done!! So we had to get Cadence to school with her huge poster and a show and tell.

I had to bake cookies for the Family Dance and run it to the school before 3:00pm. I barely made it! Then the girls had their dance lessons at 3:45pm. We ran them there and me and DJ picked up the house quickly and then it was time to go pick the girls up. I made supper and then got the girls ready for the family dance. I re-did their hair, which Abbi was not too impressed about! Richard got home and hurried to change then we took off for the school.

We got there 20 minutes early and it was still crazy in there. We got our seats and saved some for mine and Richard's parents and his grandparents. They got there and then the program started. They started off with the pre-school kids first. It's always so fun to watch the kids do their dances. Even DJ had fun sitting there and watching.
DJ had fun watching. He insisted on wearing his cowboy hats and boots!

He was being a goof and when he realized I was trying to take his picture he layed down on the bench!!

They then called all the kindergarten kids up. The girls ran down to the gym floor and lined up with their class. I should of told them to stick together. But they were spread out. Just makes it harder to take a video of all of them and pictures. Oh well!! They did super good. It was so cute to watch. The girls had been practising at home alot. Their dance was called the funky dance.
Brianna and Cadence ready to start dancing!

Abbi doing the "funky dance"!

Cadence loved the part where they had to stomp their foot. I think their teachers told them to stomp really hard and she took that to heart! She'd get a look on her face and stomp so hard. It was so cute!

Brianna just danced her little heart out. She's very good at following her teachers!

Abbi loved the dance and got into it too! So fun to watch!


We stayed for the rest of the dances and then we took off for home. By the time the kids got into bed it was pretty late for them. They had so much fun though. It was a fun time!

No comments: