Spencer's

Spencer's

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Wow, 11 Years!

Here we are 11 years ago on Feb 3, 2001.
Richard and I celebrated our 11th year anniversary last weekend on Feb 3. So crazy to think that we've been married that long! We decided to get away again. His parents watched Abbi and Brianna and my parents watched DJ and Cadence. We took off Friday afternoon. The kids were excited to have sleep overs at their grandma and grandpa's houses! I was excited to get away and have time with my hubby!

We stayed at Meadow Lake, thanks to Grandma Spencer. Thank you so much. It was perfect. We had a condo and we loved it. I love making our own breakfast and we even tried a different kind of dinner too. Anyways the plan that weekend was to go skiing on Saturday. But we got there and it was nice to just relax and do nothing. We decided not too! We didn't exactly do nothing, we did have some shopping to do. I didn't buy one stitch of clothing though, we bought stuff for our house.

Saturday morning we had a yummy breakfast and relaxed and watched a movie. Then we took off and did some errands for other people and some shopping. We had bought some lobster tails and had decided to cook those for dinner that night. It didn't turn out too well though. We've never cooked them before and when we went to eat them they weren't done. So we cooked them a little bit longer and I think we over cooked them. Oh well! We tryed! We soaked in the hot tub and watched another movie that night.

Sunday morning we woke up and ate breakfast and packed up. Before we left we went to the spa, where we had booked his and her massages. It was SO NICE!!!! We got to lay side by side and we got our back, neck and shoulders massaged. It was heaven! Then we took off for home. It was the perfect weekend away. So nice and relaxing! Loved it!

So that was our nice 11th anniversary. Nothing really fancy but we both enjoyed the time together. Seems like life gets so crazy busy, that it's nice to get away once in a while. The kids all had a blast with their grandparents. Abbi and Brianna were ready to spend another night instead of coming home with us! So funny! Thanks to both our parents for being so awesome and watching our kids.

It seems like Richard and I have always been together and I couldn't imagine life without him. I have an amazing husband who is such a hard worker. We always talked about starting our own business, but it was always a little bit scary to think about too. So when the opportunity kind of dropped in our laps we just did it. He's been amazing and has worked so hard to get the business going. Things have gone great. We're learning along the way too. Richard always seems to know when I need a little "break", or just to go for a drive by myself. There are those days that I feel like just sitting down and eating a bunch of chocolate (I am seriously a chocoholic). He seems to know when I'm having one of those days and brings me some yummy chocolate to eat! I always just laugh and ask him how he knew!

We were talking about our time together, and we're laughing about how we scare each other. It's usually Richard scaring me, and half the time he doesn't even try. I am a little jumpy. Once I got so tired of being scared that I decided to get Richard. I hid in our closet and waited for him to come in our bedroom. I hid there for a while, but I wasn't giving up. I heard him come in and just as he was passing the closet I jumped out and roared. He jumped so high and yelped. I was so happy, I actually scared him. He turned around and was so mad at me. I was a little confused why he was mad. He then said, "You don't scare someone when they're cleaning their ears out." He then held up his hand, which was holding a Q-tip. When I scared him he jammed it into his ear, hence the yelp! And here I thought I scared him so bad!! We laugh about it all the time now! Another time I was turning the lights off in the kitchen and coming up to bed. I flipped on the hallway light and all of the sudden it went out. I flipped the light switch up and down and there was nothing. I assumed that the light burnt out so I walked up in the dark to go tell Richard. I decided to go check on the girls before I went to bed (they were around 1yrs old). I turned down the hall and Richard grabbed my arm and said, "boo". It scared me so bad that I started screaming LOUD. So loud, in fact, that I ended up scaring Richard and he started screaming. No joke. Then once I got over being scared to death I started laughing so hard at him. It was the funniest thing ever. He still talks about how bad I scared him!! It was pretty funny!

So there are a few funny stories about Richard and I scaring each other. It's been a good 11 years. I was explaining to my girls about our anniversary. It was really funny, because they were so confused. They looked at me and one of them said, "You mean, you didn't always know dad?" I got a good chuckle. Well nothing too exciting but that was our anniversary, and I didn't take one picture while we were away together! Oh well!
Grandpa Spencer drove us around in his Ford car.

No comments: