Spencer's

Spencer's

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Valentines Day!

We all slept in on Valentines Day. I think it was because we got home so late from the family dance. I woke up at 7:30am and everyone was still sleeping. So I started to get breakfast ready and got the kids valentines gift ready. I got them each a heart mug for their hot chocolate. I made them heart pancakes for breakfast. They came upstairs and were surprised and excited to see their breakfast. It was cute.
My three cute girls eating their Valentines breakfast!

We got them ready for school and girls took off. DJ had speech that morning and we went to do that. He was excited to give GiGi her valentines gift. He's doing so good with his speech. I've seen a huge improvement. I just have to always remind him to use his words instead of screaming or yelling when he gets frustrated.

The girls came home from school and we had lunch. The girls were invited to Micah's birthday party at 1pm. They were very excited to go to his birthday party. So we got them ready and dropped them off. DJ was so mad that he couldn't go. We got home and I asked if he wanted to play outside. It had snowed that night, so we had a bunch of nice fluffy snow on the ground. It was beautiful out, not cold at all and no wind. So it was perfect to play outside in the snow. We both got our snow pants on and glove and toques and went out and played. We were out there for 1 1/2hrs. He had a blast and just wanted to keep playing. The sun was so bright though, that we both had to put on some sunglasses so we could actually see anything! It was so fun to play with my boy. We both had a blast. It was a fun way to pass the afternoon by ourselves.
DJ loved driving his trucks around and filling them up with snow.

DJ and I playing in the snow!

He had so much fun with his trucks. He insisted on me driving one around too. So I did! It was fun!

Just before we went back inside we both got on the tramp and jumped around for a bit!

The girls got home just after DJ and I came in and had hot chocolate. They were excited to tell us what they did at the party. I had decided to make heart pizzas for supper again. We did it last year for Valentines Day and it was a huge hit. So the kids helped me make the pizzas. Richard came home and gave me flowers for valentines day. So I put them in the middle of the table and gave everyone clear glasses and poured red pop in them. The girls got heart straws, so we used those. Then I put the chips in a red bowl. The kids came to sit down and the girls were all excited. They kept saying, "Mom did you make us a party for supper?" It was so funny! It wasn't that fancy but they loved it! So that was our Valentines Day supper. It was yummy and a fun supper.
There's our yummy heart pizzas just out of the oven.

Everyone sitting down for our Valentines Day supper. They were so excited!

Oh I forgot to mention that for the girls snack for school I had put in a heart stuffy in their snack bags. They came home all excited about it. Richard gave DJ his valentines stuffy which was a puppy with a heart around his neck. All the kids loved it. So fun that they are so easy to please. It was a fun day!
Abbi, Brianna and Cadence showing off their heart stuffies!

DJ watching Curious George with his Valentines puppy!

1 comment:

The Bassetts said...

What fun Valentine's traditions! I love the heart pizza idea. Do you just shape the dough into hearts or do you use a cookie cutter? I might have to try that next year.