Spencer's

Spencer's

Monday, April 2, 2012

Last Ski Of The Year!

Megan and I had decided to take David snowboarding (me and Richard skiing) one time before the season was up. I booked a hotel for one night in Kalispel. We took off on Friday, March 16 and came back on Saturday, March 17. I was pretty excited to go for one last ski. Richard's parents took our kids for the night. My kids were so excited to go over to their grandparents for a sleep over. Even DJ was so excited. Usually he doesn't like me leaving him but when Shelly came to pick them up Eric was with her. DJ couldn't get rid of me fast enough!

I should back up a little before I get into our weekend. That Thursday I was trying to get all my housework done and little errands done too. DJ ended up sick on Wednesday morning. He woke up and I took him to the bathroom in the morning. I noticed that he felt really hot. He wanted to get on his top bunk and watch a movie in his room. So I helped him up and went to get him a drink of water. I walked back just in time for him to throw up all over me. It was everywhere. I ran him to the bathroom, but by then it was all over me and the floor. It was a pretty rude awakening. The poor kid felt miserable. I cleaned up his room and had Richard give him a quick bath. By that time he was exhausted and curled up on our bed with Richard and went back to sleep. DJ doesn't get that sick very often, so I know he's sick when all he does all day is sleep. He just wanted to be curled up to someone and sleep. Richard ended up staying home that day too, with a sick stomach. So I left the sick boys together and ran to Cutbank really quick. There were some packages waiting for me at the post office. I did some shopping for me and Richard at JC Penny's and got some groceries too. It was a really quick trip. I came home and the girls really wanted to go to the book fair. Their dad had promised them that I would take them and buy them one book each. So away we went. School book fairs drive me crazy though. It's always very chaotic and the girls have such a hard time choosing one book. I bought one for DJ too. We thought it would help cheer him up. We came back home in time to clean the upstairs quickly and then the Tutor Doctor showed up. I now have him coming every Monday and Wednesday afternoons from 2-3:30pm for Abbi and Cadence. They love their tutor and I feel it's been helping them a lot too.

Anyways, on Thursday I was cleaning and getting things ready to pack. DJ and I skipped Parent Pre-school, because he was still sick. We actually ran in to the doctors to get him checked out. He was so snotty that I was afraid it was going to turn into an ear infection. He was ok, and the doctor just said to keep him on tylenol, because he was still running a fever. The girls got home from school and we quickly ate some lunch and I ran Cadence back to school for her puff program. I cleaned all afternoon and was so tired by 3:10pm. I sat down on my bed and was reading a book for a little bit. I stopped and had a feeling I was forgetting something. I couldn't figure it out. I looked at the clock a little bit later and noticed it said 3:30pm. I then panicked, realizing that I totally forgot about Cadence. I'm suppose to pick her up at the school at 3:10pm. I felt terrible, I've never forgotten to get my kids before. We ran to go get her and the school was pretty much empty and she was standing their with her teacher. They had just finished phoning me. I felt so bad, but the teacher was just laughing, she thought that it was funny!

We came back home and I finished getting supper ready. We sat down and ate and then quickly cleaned up. Then we all went back to the school for Celebration of Learning. It's where the kids get to show us what they do in their classroom. It's a little crazy when you have 3 kids in the same class. So we went to each center and did the activity 3 times, so each of the girls could show us what they do. It was fun, but we were both done by the end. It's a little draining. But fun too see how excited the girls got when they were showing us what they have done. Each of my girls are so so different. Brianna absolutely loves school and learning new things. Abbi loves going to school for the whole social aspect. She loves to tell me what all her friends are up too. Cadence loves to go and do all the fun things! She loves her speech teacher too. Can't say enough good about her. So that's why Cadence and Abbi are getting a little help with a tutor. It makes a big difference when it's 1 on 1 help. They are all doing very good.

After that we stopped at soccer registration and I registered all my kids into soccer. DJ was beyond excited. He couldn't stop talking about him kicking the ball. It will be fun to see how he does. Abbi decided that she wanted to play soccer this year. Hopefully it will go better then the last time. We will find out, I'm sure!

DJ's neck . We've been doing it lately and it's really been helping his u station tubes drain better. We've had no ear infections since. It's been nice!

We were coming home and I got a call from Richard. He was taking his van into Lethbridge to get fixed. He was just going to drop it off. So we headed into Lethbridge to pick him up. DJ was starving because he didn't get anything to eat. I stopped at Tim Hortons to get everyone a donut, but the line up was insane. So I ran into Fas Gas and got them all some chocolate milk and a snack. We ran and got Richard and then came flying back home. I called Shelly to see if they could come pick up the kids at our house. I was running out of time. I got there and finished packing everyone up and picking up the house. The kids left with their grandparents and they were all happy to go.

I finished packing us up and had time to have a quick lunch. I was so tired by this point. Sheesh what a crazy couple of days. Megan and David came and picked us up at 1pm. We were on the road shortly after. We got into Kalispell and checked into our hotel, Red Lion. I did it on priceline and paid a whole $60 for a night. So nice! We decided to get our shopping in before we went skiing the next day. So a shopping we went!! I really didn't buy much though. We basically went for David. He needed some work clothes and a few other things. We had supper at Famous Daves and then came back to the hotel. It was nice to relax and chat. It was a fun drive down with us getting David talking about his mission. He had some pretty funny stories too. The best was him in a trunk...ha ha ha!! So funny!

We had decided to get up early the next morning so we could be on the hill by 9:30am. I woke up just before 7am (my internal clock), because my back was killing me! I really miss my bed! We went and ate a really yummy breakfast that the hotel provides. The best hotel breakfast I've ever had. They had a chef there that made you a custom made omelet. Loved it! Then we headed to the hill.

We got our rentals and were on the hill by 9:30am. It was perfect. They had a lot of new snowfall too. We did a quick green run (mom told us we weren't allowed to take David on any blue runs!!)! It was a bit icy. So we decided to go to the top and ski on the back side. So away we went. Sorry mom, but there were only blue runs up there!! ha ha! We got up there and the snow was a 100% better. We basically stayed up there all day. It was super nice!
David showing us that he didn't forget how to snowboard!!

Megan heading down. This is when it just started to lightly snow.

Richard and I on top of the mountain!

The boys were getting brave and flying through the trees. Megan and I would watch but stay on the hill. It started snowing really hard after lunch. It was getting a little crazy out with the huge snowflakes, because they were sticking to our goggles and it was hard to see.
Megan and David halfway down the backside of the mountain. It was really starting to snow now!

Megan and David snapping on their boards at the top of the mountain. It was really snowing and getting a little foggy up top too. The visibility up top wasn't the greatest!

We had lunch and then followed Richard on a different run, which he accidentally took us down the front side. It was a killer run (it was a green run), because it was so flat and hard to keep going. We couldn't turn around either. So we finally made it down. It wore Megan right out. She ended up staying on the front side and David, Richard and I went back up to the top to ski the back side.
Richard and David at the bottom of the hill. We were waiting for Megan to come down. We kind of lost her on the way down. So sorry Megan!

Richard is as bad as my kids, he refused to look at the camera! Oh well, got a picture of him anyways!!

I decided to be brave and follow the boys through the trees. It was actually kind of fun and exhilarating. I did it quite a few times. I even followed them down into this little gully that you had to ski around trees and keep your speed up so you could fly back out. It was awesome!! After a few times I was feeling like I was getting the hang of it. Wrong! I ended up flying into the trees and not turning sharp enough. I realized that I was going to crash into these HUGE tree limbs, so I put my head down so my helmet would hit them. It worked but I still went flying and did a belly flop, which caused snow going up my shirt, down my pants....everywhere. I was a little wet!! I just laid there and David came flying out and almost hit me. We had a good laugh. But I was done with the trees after that. I was exhausted and went and warmed up in the lodge up top, while the boys did a run without me. Then I went and did another run with them. By then it was after 3pm and I was ready to start heading down to the bottom. My legs were like jello. I was so tired. It was a fun day.

We went down and took our stuff back to the rental shop. We found Megan and we all headed back to the car. It was a fun day on the hill. So glad we decided to do it. We stopped at Safeways and all got some yummy Starbucks hot chocolate and then we headed for home. We had all decided to play a trick on mom on the way home. She was so worried that David was going to hurt himself, that she talked to David, Megan and me about it separately. So we decided to doctor him up at my house before they headed home. I know so mean, but funny too! We love you mom!! I put his arm in a sling and gave him a black eye with my make up. It was perfect. We tried it out on my FIL, Eric and he totally thought David did it on the ski hill! Perfect! I wasn't there when they did it to my mom, but I heard that her reaction was just as we thought it would be. She looked at him and gasped and said, "David." He then threw his hands up in the air and yelled, "JOKES!" Sorry mom, hope you will forgive us!!

On Sunday it was David's homecoming. So we went to my mom and dad's ward for church. He gave an excellent talk. My girls did awesome in their primary class, with Aunt Megan as their teacher. We then went to the Seniors Center afterwards for dinner. It was fun to visit with family. It was a fun weekend!

No comments: