Spencer's

Spencer's

Friday, June 15, 2012

Kindergarten Party!

Last Wednesday was the girls Kindergarten party. They were very excited for it. It was for all the classes together. I signed up to be a parent helper. Well we woke up Wednesday morning to pouring rain. They were having it at the church campground site, with the water slide. My girls still wanted to wear their swim suits underneath their clothes. I kept telling them that they probably wouldn't be going down the slide. Oh well, they went prepared, just in case!

I dropped them off at school, then hurried home to finish getting ready. DJ was going over to play at Keaton's house. At first he didn't want too. But then I packed up a yummy snack for him and Keaton to share. Then he was excited to go over. We got there and I helped Renee set up a tent in her living room. The boys were super excited about it! So I left DJ there very happy.

I got to the campground, while it was still pouring rain. They decided to do it in the big camp kitchen. We waited till the kids got there, all 60 of them. To say it was a little crazy in there is an understatement!! But the kids had a blast. They set up 3 stations and split the kids up in their classes. They took turns at each station. I helped at the craft station, where they colored and cut and glued together a ice cream cone dude!
Brianna took her time and had to make sure everything was perfect. She loves to make things. Her teacher said in her final report card that we might have an artist on our hands!

Cadence with her finished product. She has fun interacting and laughing with the other kids too!

Abbi with her ice cream dude!

Then they moved on to the music station. That`s where Mrs. Wilde had some fun songs and games going. It was fun to watch my girls get so into it! I got some cute pictures of them singing and running around! Mrs. Wilde is so good with the songs, and gets the kids to excited about singing the songs.
Cadence playing a game with Wyatt!

Abbi playing sticks with Bryn.

Abbi and Brianna ready to run the relay race. Cadence is over in the far line where the teacher is standing.

After that they moved to the snack station. Where they all got to sit down and eat their snacks that they brought. After they ate they all got a creamsicle. All in all it was a fun party.
My cute girls eating their creamsicles! As you can see Brianna and Abbi are wearing their swim shirts, Cadence has hers on underneath her shirt. Funny girls!

My girls with a bunch of kids from their class. From l-r, Megan, Jack, Tai, Brianna, Abbi, Cadnece, Micah, Dack (back of his head) and Kaden (with blue popsicle).

All lined up ready to get back on the bus. They sure had fun!

I stayed after the kids went back to the school on the bus, to help clean up. With all the craziness going on, we only lost one kid! The poor girl got locked outside when she went to the bathroom. I noticed an empty spot at the craft table and started asking around who we were missing. We finally figured it out and started looking for her. We found her outside crying and hitting the door. It was so noisy inside that we didn`t hear her. Oh, I felt so bad. Luckily she`s a happy kid and was fine once she got a hug from her teacher.

It was a fun party. The girls couldn't stop talking about it. So I guess even with the rain that it was a hit. On Thursday they went to school and cleaned out their cubby holes and brought EVERYTHING home! I can't believe Kindergarten is over. Now to have some fun during the summer. I'm very excited for summer this year. We have our trailer parked down at Echo lake and we've already been down there 3 times. My kids love it. I think we'll be spending a lot of time down there this summer. It will be a lot of fun!

No comments: