Spencer's

Spencer's

Sunday, August 12, 2012

Camping and Richard's Birthday!

Richard's birthday happened to land on a Friday this year. So we planned ahead of time to go to the trailer for the weekend. We took off Friday morning after the kids swim lessons (I have a whole post to do on that!). I packed up ahead of time and we had lunch and then took off.

The kids are so good at this 3 hr drive. I think they are getting used to it. We go to Kalispell and area a lot lately. I just put in a movie and they watch and eat their snacks. It's great. Even though, one time we got the "random" car search at the border. I think they were bored, because we were the only vehicle around and they decided that they needed to search it. I was laughing while we were sitting in the waiting room, watching them search the suburban. I'm sure they found a whole lot of crumbs and random hard forgotten food. Oh yum!! Nothing exciting in our vehicle. The kids were horrified and kept asking what they were doing with our suburban. Oh well, it only took about 20 mins. Crazy border!

Anyways, we stopped in Kalispell, to get some food supplies and a few things for Richard's birthday. The kids were so excited to celebrate their dad's birthday at the trailer. We got there and unpacked and right away everyone wanted to go swimming. Oh I bought a little floating island that we tied to the dock. It was the best buy ever. We use it all the time when were down there. So away we went down to the dock. It was super hot out. We had fun jumping into the water and swimming around. We found out, though, that the water was super deep. It kind of freaked Richard out! Ha ha! So we decided that we need our life jackets too, next time we come.

I made us some supper and then the kids were so excited to sing to their dad. We cleaned up and I put candles on the cake. We sang him Happy Birthday, and everyone helped Richard blow out his candles. The kids gave him his gift. I gave Richard his gift the night before we came, which was a BBQ (also from my parents too).
The kids picked out the chocolate cake for their dad.

We sang happy birthday and everyone helped blow out the candles.

The kids were so excited to give dad their gift for him! It was a big squirt gun and a football.

The girls made their dad a special birthday card. I love this picture.....so cute!

On Saturday we got up and the kids played around. We went into Big Fork to get a few things. Then came back and had lunch. We decided that we were going to buy some sort of swing set to have there. The kids needed something to occupy them, when were not playing in the water. So Richard went into Kalispell to go buy one. I took the kids down to the dock to play. They had a lot of fun splashing around and playing. We were down there for a while. We went back up to the trailer and there was Richard working hard on the swing set. He spent the rest of the day putting it together. I made supper and he took a little break to eat. Then I cleaned up and took the kids for a drive down to the cause way. We heard it was flooded and we wanted to check it out. So away we went. The kids had so much fun walking on the road, with water over it. They thought that that was hilarious. I had to get them away from Richard, because they all wanted to help him and kept touching everything that he had all set out and organized. So we played down at the causeway for awhile. DJ and Abbi swam around everywhere. It was a lot of fun.
Saturday morning all the kids were singing and playing so good together. I had to take a picture. It was cute to watch them!

They were riding their bikes everywhere too. This is DJ's bike that we stripped and made into a strider. It works great.

We came back and the swing set was almost together. I got the kids showered and cleaned and in their jammies, and by then they could go on. They were super excited. They all took their coloring books out and sat at the little bench and colored and ate a snack. It was so cute. Then we put them to bed!

The kids eating their snack on their new little playground!

A picture of our campsite.

The swing set is in front of our trailer and the bath house is the little shed in the background. It's the perfect set up and we love it!
We took off Sunday morning to try to make it back for church. It didn't work! I made it for primary so I could play the piano. I dropped Richard and the kids off at his parents so they could eat some dinner and I flew into Magrath to play the piano. So that was our weekend. We had a lot of fun!
We went home through Logan's Pass. It was beautiful. The kids loved all the waterfalls!

We had to stop for this mountain goat to cross the road. All the kids loved watching it!

This was at the top of Logan's Pass. Crazy that there was still all this snow there. I took the picture, then they all had a snowball fight. It was cute to watch!

2 comments:

The Bassetts said...

I loved the post about swimming lessons, it brought back so many memories of teaching swim lessons there. Fun times. Happy birthday to Richard! We are headed to flathead lake with my parents for a week long vacation. It should be fun. After that I am thinking about heading up to Canada for Nick's family dinner on Saturday so that I can see everyone. Are you going to be there? It would be fun to see you. I am not sure if we will make it up though, that means extra driving with my kids, and Brooklyn and Micah are not great travelers and Reed won't be there to help. I really want to see everyone though, so we will see.
Carissa

The Spencers said...

Oh I hope you make it. We will be there at the family dinner for sure. I hear you about not good travellers though. Hope you have fun on your holiday and maybe we'll see you next week!