Spencer's

Spencer's

Friday, August 24, 2012

Wally's Beach and Camping With Grandma Spencer!

As you have guessed we've done a LOT of camping this year. With the trailer at Echo Lake, I've just loaded the kids up and gone a lot. We've loved it. But when we're at home we've tried to keep the fun rolling here too! We've gone to Wally's Beach a lot too. My cousin, Rachel, and her four kids came with us one afternoon. She has twin boys who are about 10 months old. It sure was fun to play with them! The kids had a blast running around and playing in the water and the sand. It makes the afternoon just fly by. I loved it! I got a lot of cute pictures of everyone on my phone, so not the best quality. Oh well, better then nothing!
My cousin, Rachel's, cute little twin boys. They're names are Josh and Tyler and I can't tell who is who in this picture.

Emily, Cadence, Brianna, Jonathon, and DJ ready to jump off the dock.

YEAH!!! They had so much fun on that old dock!

Abbi and DJ being alligators in the water. Cadence and Emily playing on the beach.

Abbi loved playing with the babies. So cute!

Nice and clean babies ready to go back to the car! It was a fun afternoon!

My MIL, Shelly, said she would come camping with me. So I got everyone ready and we took off on Tuesday afternoon. We were planning on coming back home on Thursday...but we were having so much fun we stayed till Friday. It was SUPER HOT out the whole time we were there. After lunch on Wednesday, Shelly's friends the Harris' picked us up in their boat. We spent the whole afternoon with them. It was great fun. The kids had a blast playing with the other kids and going on tube rides together. They insisted on me trying to surf behind the boat. I got up but was having troubles getting down the wake. I face planted it really good. Oh well! I tried! They took us to there special spot for swimming. That was a lot of fun. We really appreciated the Harris' including us in their fun!
The girls were excited that they actually had a beach to play on! They were making a beaver dam!!

DJ had fun swimming around with these boogie boards! It took him a bit to figure it out then he wouldn't stop.

There goes the girls on the tube, they were on with some boys too! They sure had fun!

Everyone getting off the tube!

On Thursday we just stayed around the trailer and swam at the dock. Then we packed up our stuff and took Grandma down to the cause way. It's the perfect place for swimming too. The kids actually had more fun trying to catch things. They caught a big toad and played with it for hours. Abbi actually had tears when I told her to put it back in the lake. She begged me to bring it back to the trailer to let it go by our dock. So I let her. Silly girl. The toad was probably happy to get away from these crazy kids. DJ just loved to swim and swim and swim. I was usually swimming with him. It was so hot that I didn't mind staying in the water either. It was a fun afternoon. We went back to the trailer and gave everyone a shower and cleaned their hair. Then we packed up and went into Big Fork for dinner at DQ's. Perfect way to end the day!
We all had to run over and see the minnows that Brianna caught.

You can't see the minnow, but Brianna was sure proud of her catch!

DJ and I swimming in the lake.

This was the favorite spot to catch the fish. Love that I can see my and DJ's shadows!

Fuzzy picture of the girls looking for fish!

The toad that they caught. They actually saved it from getting eaten by a fish. It was a little crazy. But I'm not sure if the toad was safer with my kids or not!

DJ had fun taking water to the toad!

Friday we packed up and got ready to go. The kids played while I finished packing up. Then we went and did a bit of shopping. Richard asked me to pick up a bunch of pop and water for Magrath Days. So that was some fun shopping!! ha ha! Not! But it sure loaded up the suburban. After our shopping we stopped at Pizza Hut for lunch. It was delicious. We got there just in time for there buffet. It was perfect. Everyone was happy and ate lots. Then we loaded up and went home.

We dropped off Grandma Spencer and were in shock with how bad Cardston got hit by that bad hail storm. It was crazy. Cars, trucks, trailers, and houses were destroyed everywhere. I couldn't believe it. The hail was the size of a golf ball and some were a bit larger. Everyone in Cardston and area was effected. So crazy. Well we dropped her off and took off to pick up TraydenMagrath Days....which I have a whole other post on. So that will be next!

No comments: