Spencer's

Spencer's

Friday, August 24, 2012

Magrath Days!

Bright and early on Saturday David came and picked me up. We were the only crazy ones that decided to run the 5K that morning. I was kind of second guessing myself but I did it anyways! So glad I did. My goal was to beat my time from Raymond. Which was around 35.45minutes. Guess what???? I did! I made it in at just over 34mins. I was so happy. Very tired, but happy!

We had a busy day planned. I came back home and quickly cleaned the house and ran up to Rooster's and got some lunch stuff. I haven't been home all week. So it was a little crazy, but I got things ready. Then we walked down to main street to sit down and watch the parade. I didn't take any picture of that. Forgot my camera. But the kids loved the parade and got way too much candy. I ended up throwing it all away a week later. There was no way they were going to eat it all and I didn't need to eat it either!! They didn't even miss it. Yes, I'm sneaky!

After the parade we came back home and had a BBQ. Just a simple one with hotdogs and chips and drinks. It was perfect though. Fun for the kids to run around and play with their cousins and us to sit and visit. Richard had to take off to help set up the booth to sell water and pop, for the Archery Club. By this time it was so HOT out.

The kids and I went to check everything out. Of course we had to stand in line for the bouncy houses. The one, which was called boot camp, was so fun! The kids loved it. It was an obstacle course that 2 people at a time ran through. It was a huge hit. Renee and I even raced each other through. So fun! DJ thought it was a blast!
Brianna and DJ went through together.

I was shocked that DJ was able to swing across on this rope.

Cadence and Abbi went through and were right behind Brianna and DJ.

All of my kids are in this picture. Brianna and DJ are coming under the ropes.You can see Abbi and Cadence's feet. 

Brianna coming down the slide!

DJ coming down the slide! He thought that this was so much fun!

Then we went and checked out the petting zoo. The kids always love to pet each animal. They were trying to get the bunnies. We did get to hold one but it was very nervous and kept trying to get away. That really scared my kids.....so I just held it so they could pet the bunny!
Cadence and DJ petting the pony!

Brianna was the only brave one to hold the bunny!

We went and found Richard and we all got some nice cold drinks and I also spoiled the kids and got them some cotton candy. DJ was in heaven. He didn't want to do anything else but sit down and eat his cotton candy. So we went and sat under a tree while the girls stood in line again for the Boot Camp bouncy house. I had to run him into the swimming pool to wash his hands and face off. He was one big sticky mess!
DJ eating his cotton candy.

Oh what a sticky, yummy mess!

My kids also loved watching the lawn mower races. It was hilarious to watch. Some of those guys really took it seriously! DJ and Brianna were the ones that were really into it. DJ loved the loud ones and the fast ones! He would get all excited. So we stayed and watched them race.
DJ and Brianna watching the lawn mowers.

They are watching the lawn mowers race around and trying to hit each other.

After that I took the kids swimming. It was so hot out that it felt so nice. I had to go be one of the volunteers at the bouncy house afterwards. So we just swam for an hour. But it was a perfect way to cool down. Then while I supervised kids coming off the slide, my kids went through it so many times. I sat there for an hour. It was all fine and good till I got a really bossy 7yr old boy who informed me that his mom is the boss there and he's suppose to take care of this!! Ha ha!! It was kind of funny. But got kind of old, because he wouldn't move out of the way. Some people would come flying out and would almost kick this kid in the head. I kept pulling him out of the way and he would give me a really annoyed look. He even went and got a friend to stand there for him while he ran to the bathroom. Sheesh! So annoying! Oh well, at least it made it a little more entertaining for me, or else I would of gotten bored!

We decided to go home after that. It was almost 6pm by the time we got home. I was so tired. I had a really bad headache. It was so bad that I needed to lay down for a little bit. Richard made us a delicious dinner and cleaned everything up too. I really appreciated that. It was a tiring day but a lot of fun!!

On Tuesday we went and met my family at St. Mary's Dam. My mom, Megan, Trayden
Cadence playing in the sand.

DJ playing in water.

My girls on the tube with their friend Mia (she's behind Abbi).

DJ was trying to swim out to the boat to go for a ride but was too late.

Here they are...Brianna, Mia, Cadence, and Abbi. They had a blast!

Here's DJ sound asleep sitting by his Aunt Megan.

We tried waking him up and this is what he did. Oh so comfortable!

1 comment:

Jay&Nic said...

Good job on the 5k!! That's awesome! Magrath days looks like a blast! Your kids are so cute!