Spencer's

Spencer's

Thursday, August 23, 2012

More Camping!

Since we have our trailer down at Echo, I've decided to try and go there as much as possible. After the kids finished their swim lessons I decided to go down for a bit by myself. So I packed things up and we took off one Sunday after we had dinner. I had thought that driving at night would be better. The kids were all in their jammies and got comfortable with their blankets and pillows. I have to say that the drive down went perfectly! I put a movie on for them and stopped at East Glacier for bathroom breaks and put a new movie on. They all travelled great.

We got there around 9pm. I let the kids get out and they ran around like crazy. I unpacked and got everything in the trailer and got the beds all made up. Then I had the kids come in and watch a little movie to settle down. Then we did our bedtime routine and we all went to bed.

The next morning we all slept in till about 8:30am. It felt so nice. We had breakfast and got ready for the day. It was a little cloudy out so I decided we'd go into Kalispell for a little bit of shopping in the morning. I needed to get food too. So away we went.

Oh I decided to treat the girls and myself with a pedicure. They have never had one and were so excited. It was so cute to watch them. They loved it. I'm glad we did it. DJ did so good siting there and watching us. The owners put on Spider man on the TV and he sat there and watched. After we got our toes done, we went and got lunch at McDonald's so they could run and play at the play place.  Then we ran and got some groceries. By this time all my kids were tired of shopping. Oh I think we stopped at Shopko first and checked out the sales there. Got some awesome beach towels that are normally $22 for $8. I was pretty proud of that purchase!! I also got me some shoes there too. Then we went grocery shopping, the store was right beside Shopko. We had a few melt downs over who was riding in the car cart. Drive me insane. Then we had a bathroom break and all the kids went and I told them to stay in there while I had my turn! ha ha! Well they all flew out the door, trying to be the first to get in the car cart. I could hear all of them screaming and yelling and then DJ was SCREAMING loud. So I knew he got hurt. Well I was still in the bathroom! Yeah, bad mom moment! he he! I came out to total mayhem. I`m sure people were wondering what was going on. We hurried and finished shopping and then we were on our way home. DJ zonked....which I kind of knew was going to happen. I let him sleep for an hour then woke him up....that way we could all go to bed at a decent time.
Abbi and Brianna went first. They were pretty relaxed and watching tv.

Cadence and I had ours done at the same time. She wasn't sure at first but then relaxed a little bit!

Ta Da!!! Our nice and pretty sparkly toes!

DJ playing in the trailer! He's a funny boy!

So I unpacked the food and figured out what we were going to have for supper. Then woke up DJ and we all went down to the dock to do some swimming. I was smart this time and brought a life jacket for me too. It made it so much easier. My kids love swimming in the lake. Then we went back up to the trailer and had supper. Then back down to the lake. Where we swam for a couple more hours. There were some other kids there, so it made it fun for my kids to play with them.
One morning we went for a drive and came to the Flathead Lake. It was fun to explore! Here are the girls!

DJ was trying to sneak out of the picture!!

We basically just had a fun time hanging around the trailer and swimming in the lake. It was a lot of fun. We headed out Wednesday morning. The kids were a little sad because they wanted to swim first. It was a little cool that morning, but I told them that after we shopped and on the way home we would stop and swim somewhere. So away we went shopping. I got a lot of shopping done at Herberger's and then I went to J.C. Penny's to see if they had any deals. The kids were whining and wanted to go have lunch. I kept saying just one more store. Well I should of listened to them. Sheesh. We got in the store and I was checking out the deals while all my kids took off running to "hide" from me. They hid in the clothes hanging up. Well the manager of the store happened to walk by and yelled at them. Really, they weren't hurting anything, but whatever. I told them to settle down. We walked over to the ladies section and I was checking out some more work out clothes. I heard Cadence do her wicked giggle (that always means something bad is happening). I looked and about died. There was Brianna (my good one!!!ha ha) that climbed up on the stand where the manikins were. She was dancing with the manikin and DJ was climbing up. Then she said in a loud voice, "Oh I wonder what's up here." As she lifted up the shirt and looked underneath. Well by this time everyone was watching her. I told her to get down......all my kids were laughing so hard. I gave up. I dropped all my clothes and told them we were leaving. So away we went. I was just a tiny bit embarrassed. We got to the entrance of the store when I realized DJ wasn't following me. I then heard an ear splitting screaming and I ran back where I left him. A bunch of ladies were saying to him, "It's ok your mom went that way." He just stood there screaming. I got to him and he screamed, "MOM YOU LEFT ME." He was not impressed. I had to carry him out of the store crying. Sheesh! Next time I'll just take them to lunch. It would be much easier!! ha ha!

I just had one more store I wanted to hit. Which was Target. So I had the bright idea to just go to Target and we could eat there at the little cafe there. So we got to Target and I sat the kids down at the bar with stools. They loved it because they could watch everyone go through the tills. They all ate so good while they were staring at people! So funny! But then they started having comments about people. I told them to not talk as loud. But then Cadence was always pointing to people and saying something. Like, "Look at him, he has short hair." It wasn't anything terrible or rude, but I asked her not to point at people. I told her it makes people feel bad and we don't want that. She sat there and said, "Ok mom I will just do this." As she stuck her hand out like a stop sign and said, "Look at her......." Seriously it was so funny. Then a lady walked by us and when she passed the back of her shirt was just a string holding it together. Brianna piped up and said, "Oh mom that shirt is not modest." It was a very good observation and I agreed with her. My kids are so funny! We finished shopping got a few snacks for the way home and got back in the vehicle to start driving.

By this time it was super hot out. So I started heading home. The kids were excited to see where we were going to swim. We had to drive for about 45mins and they kept thinking I forgot. But I turned into Lake Five. We got there and everyone got changed into their swimsuits. It was such a beautiful place. We stayed there for a couple of hours. Everyone had so much fun running in and swimming and playing in the sand. I'm glad we decided to stop and play.
Abbi and DJ loved to see how far they could go out, while they could still touch. Crazy kids!

It wasn't the best sand, but good enough to make sand castles. Brianna was in heaven.

Cadence taking a little break....it sure was hot out!

Abbi having a snack break too!

Brianna having an M & M break!

I just missed DJ running and jumping off the dock. He thought he could touch but went right under. It was pretty funny, but there was no way he was going to do it again. He likes to keep his head dry!

Before we left I got all the kids changed into their jammies and set up with their snack supper and drinks. I put on a new movie and drove over to the bathrooms so I could run in and change. Then we were out of there. They did so good on the way home. It was perfect. It was a fun time!

No comments: