Spencer's

Spencer's

Saturday, December 1, 2012

DJ's 4th Birthday!

I can't believe my baby is 4! Really it's a little crazy! I thought it would be fun to post some yearly pictures of DJ. So here we go!
DJ at about 2 days old! So sweet!

My cute little DJ with his long, red, whispy hair!!

DJ at 2!

Love this picture of DJ!! When he turned 3!

So DJ's birthday was on Wed, Nov 14, but we celebrated his birthday on Friday the 16th. I didn't tell him and he didn't know any better. His sisters, though, figured it out on there own. We sang happy birthday to Uncle David on Tuesday. Then Abbi kept saying, "Mom, DJ's birthday is tomorrow because his birthday is the day after Uncle David's." Smarty pants. I told her not to tell DJ. He was fine with it!! He he!

He woke up Friday morning and I asked how the "birthday boy" was doing. It was so cute, he got a HUGE smile on his face!! We took the girls to school and came home and worked on his cake. He loved to help me. I made him a Spiderman cake that he picked out a couple months a go. He kept reminding me of the cake he wanted. It was a super easy cake.
DJ got to pick out one of his favorite cereals for his birthday breakfast! He was very happy about that.....he even ate it for lunch too. Silly boy!

Here is DJ's spiderman cake. He helped me decorate his cake!

We invited family over for dinner and cake. DJ also invited one friend, which was Chili. They get a long so well and have fun playing together. We had pizza for supper. After we cleaned that up, I got all the kids out to the garage where we did the pinata. That was a huge hit!! It was funny to watch. DJ was super excited to do this part. He helped me pick out the pinata and fill it with the candy. Everyone got turns to hit it. Then we let DJ finish it off.
As we were waiting for everyone I set up this game for Chili and DJ. Pin the dog in the fire truck!

DJ's turn to do it!

All the kids getting ready to eat!

Our cute little "birthday boy"!!!

DJ hitting the pinata first!

Declan taking a turn at it.

Then it was Chili's turn! All the girls got a turn to hit it too!

After that we gathered around the table for the cake. DJ was so excited that when we started to sing Happy Birthday he smiled and blew out the candles. It was so cute. When he realized we were still singing he hid his face in his hands. So cute! We lit them again so he could blow them out again. He loved that!
DJ watching his dad light the candles!

He was so excited to hear us sing to him. He blew the candles out after I took this picture! I added a spiderman onto his cake.

After everyone ate their cake, then it was present time! DJ was very spoiled! He was a little overwhelmed, but loved everything. I left our gift to the last. DJ had been asking for a pedal tractor with a trailer. He had found one in a magazine and he cut it out and put it on the fridge. He would remind me over and over that he wants a tractor. I gave him a card and read it too him. At the end it said for him to close his eyes and count to four. So he closed his eyes really tight and counted to 4. It was super cute. He was so excited to see his tractor!! He was very shy till most people left, then we couldn't get him off the thing!
DJ opening the present his sister's got for him. They came up to me that day saying they wanted to buy him a present. So they pooled their money together and bought him his present. So cute!

DJ giving Chili a ride on his new tractor!

After everyone left....DJ loaded up his tractor and trailer with all his new presents. He was one happy boy!

DJ and Brianna lining up all his toys and playing with them!

It was a good day for him. So fun to see how big he has gotten. The next day I kept telling him he had to get dressed. I told him I'd come get him dressed. Well he looked at me with his hands on his hips and he said, "No mom, me bir (big) boy, me dress myself." It was so cute. Then about 5 mins later he comes out naked and asked for my help to get his shirt down!! What a cutie!

Oh I should mention that Chili gave DJ a dinosaur egg. I was reading the package where it said to put it in water and in 1-2 days it will hatch a dinosaur. Well DJ was sitting beside me and when I read that he jumped back and held his hands out screaming. He thought it was a real dinosaur. He didn't like it at all. So the girls and I put it in the water. The next day he would poke his head into my bathroom but didn't want to go in. It looked a little crazy when it was starting to hatch. I found that Abbi took some pictures of it. Once it started hatching DJ realized it wasn't real and was fine with it. It was kind of funny!
This is what the egg looked like. It was just starting to hatch.

This is kind of creepy picture but here's the dinosaur. Abbi took a pretty good picture!


DJ is one busy kid. He loves his toys and will sit down and play by himself so good. Lately, I've tried to set up some play dates for him, because he's so used to playing by himself, I need to change that. He has fun when kids come over, but has a hard time to share his favorite toys. We've gone over to other kids houses too and he does much better, if I'm with him. He does so good in primary. I didn't think he'd ever go to primary happily. He does great now. It's so nice. I think it's so cute to watch him during sharing and singing time. I love my calling!

DJ says the funniest things sometimes. After his birthday I went away for 3 days to Black Friday. On Monday we dropped the girls off at school. DJ kept asking me for a donut. So I stopped at the store to get him a donut. They didn't have any. So I came out with chocolate milk instead. When I got back into the vehicle and told him there were no donuts he was not happy. This is what he said, "Mom, all workers eat donuts. All workers mom. ALL WORKERS EAT DONUTS (as he is waving his hands around)!" So we stopped at the gas station and got him some white powdered donuts. He was much happier. I told Richard what he said to me, and Richard laughed. He took DJ to work with him on Friday and they stopped at the wholesalers. Well everyone was in the front eating some donuts. Richard and DJ had a donut with them. So that's where he got that from! I had a good chuckle!!

We're so happy to have DJ in our family. He is one cute boy and we love him to pieces. Happy 4th Birthday DJ!!!!


1 comment:

Nicole Chance said...

eek 4?! Don't remind me that Olen's right around the corner...I'm dreading it:( He saw this post with me and is asking me over and over if he can play with DJ and his dinosaur haha...Looks like he had a great day! he's so cute! I hope 4 is a GREAT year for him!