Spencer's

Spencer's

Friday, February 8, 2013

Dentists, and Teeth!

I figured these two things go together. I need to get caught up on my blog, so here we go. In the last month of so, the girls have had their share of lost teeth. Cadence FINALLY pulled her first tooth out a while ago. It was a big deal. I basically sat on her so I could pop it out. The silly thing was just hanging there by a thread. I freaked her out and she was screaming, so I put my fingers in to grab it and she clamped down on my fingers. Yeah, I probably deserved it! Then she yelled, "I WILL PULL IT OUT BY MYSELF!" She ran away and came back in 5 minutes with a tooth in her hand. Sheesh what an ordeal!! She was really proud of herself!


Brianna was getting ready for school one day. I told her to go get her shoes on and a few minutes later she comes walking out holding some Kleenex to her mouth. I asked what happened, in a very worried voice. Then she smiled and showed me that she had just pulled her tooth out. Wow! I didn't realize it was that loose. She was so HAPPY! That night she sat down and wrote the Tooth Fairy a letter. It was so stinking cute. I didn't help her at all. I had to take a picture of the note. She's such a sweetie!
Brianna showing me her toothless grin!


Brianna's note to the Tooth Fairy! It says, "Toof Furee I lik you wekus you tak my toof." Interpretation "Tooth Fairy I like you because you take my tooth." Too funny!

Last weekend the kids had a sleep over at the Grandma and Grandpa Spencer's house. We came home the next day and Abbi proudly showed my that she pulled her front tooth out! She told me the Tooth Fairy came and left her $5. I told said Tooth Fairy that they are showing us up (when Abbi wasn't around)!!! Ha ha! She was pretty happy!
Here's Abbi's cute grin!

Last Wednesday I took all 4 kids into see Dr. Grover. My sister, Shelley, is his assistant. Every since we've been going there, Cadence has let Shelley do a lot of things that nobody else could ever do in Cadence's mouth! She got her teeth cleaned, x-rays done, sealants on the back teeth. I've taken Cadence to a LOT of dentists to try to get these things done. She's a bit nervous around dentists. She has no cavities! Yeah! But then the next day she was crying so hard about her teeth. I took her back in and she has ground her 4 front teeth down so much that the nerves are exposed on all 4 teeth. So it's a bit painful. She goes in next Wednesday for sleep dentistry to get all 4 pulled out! That should be fun!
Cadence being super brave and letting Aunt Shelley clean her teeth.

DJ and Cadence with their Aunt Shelley!

Abbi and Brianna are pros at going to the Dentist. I don't even go back with them anymore. They happily skip away from me! The one hygienist came and told me that Brianna was so cute that she just wants to take her home! Brianna thought that was pretty funny. They both did awesome! No cavities. I brought Abbi back to get her sealants on her adult molars later too.

DJ let his Aunt Shelley clean his teeth. I was shocked. He sat there so good. He does have one small cavity so he had to come back to get that fixed. We saw Shelley one Saturday in Costco, and I went and said hi to her. As we were walking away DJ looked at me and said, "Mom, me just wove her." It was so cute! He does love seeing his Aunt Shelley and he does so good for her!
This was DJ's first visit and Aunt Shelley was giving him a ride in the chair.



DJ getting his teeth cleaned by Aunt Shelley!

On his 3rd visit DJ had to get a cavity fixed. The dentist came in to do the freezing. Both Shelley and I were a bit nervous about it, thinking DJ would freak out. But he laid there with his hands in his pockets the whole time. Didn't say a peep. I was so proud of him. A little shocked that he did so well, but happy it worked out! He did awesome! He was very happy afterwards!
DJ getting his cavity fixed. He laid there the whole time with his hands in his pockets! So funny!

On the way home Cadence was screaming and crying because she didn't let the dentist pull her tooth out (the one causing her lots of pain). She kept screaming, "TURN AROUND RIGHT NOW!" The dentist tried a few times, but she was just too nervous and kept jerking her head (that's why she's going to the sleep dentistry). I tried everything to get her to calm down. Finally I just said nothing and kept driving while she was screaming. I look in the mirror and saw DJ there with a funny look on his face. I then realized that it was because the one side of his face was frozen. It looked so funny. I started laughing so hard. I told DJ to turn around and look at his sisters. He did, and Cadence's screaming turned into real hard laughing. It was pretty funny. When he realized what we were laughing at he started making the funniest faces, which made us all laugh harder. It was pretty funny!
DJ with his lopsided grin. His mouth was frozen like that for the rest of the day! Abbi was killing herself laughing!

He was trying so hard to drink the Yop, but it kept falling out of his mouth and going down his shirt! Funny boy!

So that's our update on everyones teeth! Cadence goes in this coming Wednesday and I'll have to take a picture of her toothless smile. The dentist said that all 4 of her adult teeth are right there and shouldn't take long to come in. Hopefully all goes well!

2 comments:

Shelley said...

I've had a blast each time these CUTE kids have come in!! A couple nervous moments, but have always made me laugh about it for the rest of the day because it goes SO well. Cadence does SO awesome as well......even though we couldn't get her tooth pulled. You can just tell it kills her inside because she so badly wants it done but is so terrified!! Can't wait till their next cleanings!! Haha

The Spencers said...

Well Shelley they all LOVE you! You do an awesome job. We've gone too so many dentists and I should of gone to you first! So glad it worked out! Cadence just way over thinks things. Silly girl!