Spencer's

Spencer's

Monday, December 2, 2013

Baby It's Cold Outside!!

It's a cold, snowy day today!! I woke up bright and early at 6:45am to get ready to drive bus today. I ran out to start it just before 7am. It was snowing and blowing like crazy. But I got the bus warmed up ready to go. Then away I went. It was blowing like crazy and I was having a hard time getting the bus to go very fast. Anyways, I went and picked up my first 5 families and as I was picking up the 5th family, Richard called and told me that school was cancelled. So I quickly called Cardston to verify and sure enough school was cancelled. So I told the kids and they all cheered. Then the family I just picked up got back off the bus. Then I turned around and went and dropped everyone off. So that was a fun morning!

So glad that we all stayed home. It turned out to be a miserable day, with the blizzard blowing away outside. It didn't look too bad at first but it just got worse and worse. So the kids and I just stayed in our nice, warm house!
View from our back door. Doesn't look too bad, but the snow is coming down.

View from the front of our house.

We cleaned this morning (or I should say I did), and the kids played downstairs with their toys. I should mention that I went on a crazy organizing faze on Friday. I cleaned out their toys and got rid of a lot of them. Makes cleaning up so much easier!! I promised them that we could do a few fun things.

So after lunch I got them all sitting at the table and showed them how to make a Santa Claus out of a paper plate and cotton balls. They loved that! They all sat their and created their own Santa. It was super cute to watch and listen to them work together. They all turned out really cute!
Look at all those cute Santa's!

They all did an awesome job!! There is our shirtless DJ!! ha ha!

Then DJ really wanted a bath. This was at 2pm. He was still running around in his jammie bottoms. He has had a thing lately where he won't wear a jammie shirt! Cracks me up! So he went and played in the bath tub. Of course the girls wanted to have a bath too. So I got another bath going and they all took turns. It was a relaxing day!

Then after we were all clean, I had them help me make some sugar cookies. I made them all get a apron on. Then I showed them how to make their own sugar cookies. I made the dough and then put them all to work. I didn't think it would work out, but they all surprised me. They had so much fun working with the dough and making their own cookies. They were pretty proud of their creations! DJ took it very serious, and worked very hard. Abbi was more interested in eating the dough. But she did make some good cookies too! Cadence and Brianna helped each other and did a good job. I refereed and helped them put their cookies onto the cookie sheet and I would put it in the oven.
My busy little bakers! DJ refused to wear a girl apron, so he's wearing one of my old t-shirts!!

Look at that yummy mess!!

Earlier in the afternoon I put dinner in the crock pot. I figured it was the perfect day to have a nice, yummy stew for dinner. So I got it all ready and it cooked all afternoon. It was a good idea. Easy to get supper ready. Plus I had time for them to make their cookies, without me trying to hurry them up so I could make supper. Good thinking me!! Ha ha!

Richard came in and I got him some warm winter clothes and he went back out in the blizzard to clean our driveway. Our quad has come in handy, many times. I think Richard had too much fun on the quad today!! He was flying around. He was even doing our street. We were all watching from our window and laughing. Because all we could see was a big snow cloud! So funny! When he came back inside, he was frozen. He had ice hanging from his eyebrows. It was crazy!
Another view of the backyard. It looks worse. It's hard to capture it on camera, but the wind was blowing so hard. It was making the snow drift everywhere. Visibility was bad too!

DJ and Abbi watching their dad be crazy on the quad!

I missed the action shot of Richard clearing the driveway. But here he is with the driveway almost cleared.

My frozen man coming inside. The toque was frozen solid. So was the balaclava!

After we cleaned up supper, I made the icing for the cookies. Again I had the kids sit down and they all iced their own cookies. I was there to help with sprinkles, but other then that they all did it on their own. It was a happy time! They were so happy, helping each other and giving each other compliments on their cookies. Oh, makes my heart swell!! Love it!
Everyone working hard icing their cookies.

They had a lot of cookies to ice. But, I was surprised because they actually stuck with it till all the cookies were done!

Here's the finished product of their yummy sugar cookies!

So, our SNOW DAY, turned out to be a fun one! We are thinking that it's going to be a snow day again tomorrow. Because the blizzard is still a roaring outside. It's suppose to go all night! I'm hoping there's no school. Because if there is, then I am driving bus. So fingers crossed! ha ha!

All the kids are tucked into bed and asleep! So nice! Oh I should mention that we finally decorated the house for Christmas. We put the tree up on Saturday and finished decorating it on Sunday afternoon. So with all this snow, it sure makes it feel like Christmas!

1 comment:

Jay&Nic said...

holy i'm way behind on your blog! Your such a good mama! And holy snow! Looks like your having a great December!