Spencer's

Spencer's

Monday, October 5, 2015

First Boating Trip!

Well to be fair, it was our second boating trip. Our first time we went it was really windy out but we wanted to see how the boat worked. It was perfect. It was a fun day to play on the beach and go for a boat ride. It was fun. So this was our first time actually doing things behind the boat. I should back up a bit though and talk about Mikah and Shaylee first.

They came home with us from the Pitcher Reunion. They came to church with us on Sunday too. It was kind of neat because they came to Young Woman's with me and I was the one teaching that Sunday. They loved being in a room full of girls. Plus they knew some of the girls so that was a bonus too! Sunday night all my kids and Mikah and Shaylee slept in the trailer. They really wanted too. They had a fun sleep over!!

Monday morning it was really cloudy so we decided to go to Lethbridge and get the kids school shopping done for their clothes. Mikah and Shaylee were excited to help them. I took DJ and my girls stuck with their cousins. It worked out perfect. We got a lot of shopping done. Plus I was able to save a lot of money too. We were able to hit all the sales. We most of it done that morning. We stopped for lunch and finished up. It was perfect!! Thanks Mikah and Shaylee!

When we got back from shopping it was warm enough to go bridge jumping. So we all did after we had supper. It was very refreshing! Everyone had fun. DJ didn't actually jump but he would float down with me. Then when we got back everyone got changed and the kids decided to sleep out in the trailer again. So we made some popcorn and they had a movie night. They came in just around 10pm asking if I could take them bridge jumping again. It was Mikah and Shaylee's last night with us. So we decided to be a little crazy and go!! They had so much fun. I didn't jump, but I did take some pictures. They didn't work out that great, but I got a few.
Brianna, Mikah and Shaylee up on the bridge.

Brianna watching. It took her a bit, but then she finally jumped! Way to go Brianna!

Coming up from the canal.

DJ and Cadence just came to watch.

Everyone lined up on the bridge.

Cadence watching in her jammies!

They all ran at the same time and jumped. That's why it's blurry. I still thought it was a cool picture!

Cool picture of the sky!

Our crazy group that went night bridge jumping!! We miss you Mikah and Shaylee!

They left us Tuesday afternoon. We met my mom at the highway and she took them to Cardston. They were leaving with Trayden and Chase the next day to meet their mom and dad in Chilliwack, BC. We sure loved having them around in the summer. We all missed them when they left!

On Thursday, Brent called and invited us out to go boating. So me and the kids got out to Wally's Beach and set up a place on the beach and waited for Brent, Megan and Chris to come. It was a perfect day. Hot and no wind. Perfect for boating! Brent's friend, Dallin Fromm came with his cute family. He has two boys and DJ thought it was great that he wasn't the only boy! The water was pretty low, so when we were ready to do something, we'd head out to the middle of the lake and take turns. It was a fun day.
Abbi, Cadence and Dallin's boy flying in the air!

Cadence was hanging on for dear life!!

Abbi was having a blast!

Cadence not so much. She was done with the craziness. She was starting to cry here!

So Brianna switched her but first she made Uncle Brent promise he wouldn't go as crazy.

Megan showing us how easy it is to wake board!

Dallin's son (can't remember his name) and DJ watching Dallin wake board!

Dallin wake boarding.

Then he did an awesome wipe out!! ha ha!

Chris just about made it up on the wake board. So close.

Me flying across the wake on my slalom ski.

I love skiing. So much fun!

Abbi laying on her tummy on the knee board.

DJ hiding under the dingy while Uncle Brent was trying to shoot him with the water gun!

Playing in the muddy sand!

 Cute Cadence in her pink hat!

Keira going for a stroll on the beach!! Ha ha!

Me helping Abbi get up on skis.

Cool picture of the scenery (Megan had my camera!)!

And she's up! She popped right up!

Then she fell backwards!!

Me and Abbi in the water. She was OK and wanted to try again.

She's up again. This time she stayed up for about 10 seconds.

Then she crashed!

Brianna decided to just go on the Ezee ski!

Another pretty picture of the mountains.

Cadence being a goof on the Ezee Ski! She likes to be silly on it!!

DJ on the Ezee ski!

DJ was being a little grumpy that day but I didn't think anything of it. That is until he had a total melt down and started screaming at his Uncle Brent. That never happens. Brent pulled DJ on the ezee ski and DJ flipped out. I was in the lake, cause I help DJ to get going. Anyways, I could hear him screaming. Brent stopped and was helping DJ in but he started screaming louder and was refusing to come in the boat. Brent just bent over and grabbed DJ's life jacket and lifted him up. DJ isn't a small boy at all, so that probably wasn't an easy thing to do. Then I saw that Brent slipped, but he caught himself. Well DJ just kept on screaming. Then Brent came back and got me in the boat. It didn't really help, DJ just kept screaming. I was trying to calm him down and ended up getting after him and told him to stop screaming. That didn't help either. Sheesh. I apologized to Brent. I felt so bad. He was really good about it. DJ finally calmed down and we ended up packing things up and going. I took him to the doctors the next day and sure enough, he had an ear infection. The crazy kid, just won't tell me when he's not feeling good. I always find out by the way he's acting. He ended up feeling miserable that day (Friday). I got him some medicine and he basically stayed on the couch the whole day. He was running a fever too. But the next day, he perked up and was feeling a bit better.

Anyways, other then DJ having a melt down, it was a fun day. I'm glad we went out and took advantage of the weather. It was so much fun. I loved getting up on my ski. We missed last year, because the boat was broken. So it had been a few years. But I popped right up! So much fun!

No comments: