Spencer's

Spencer's

Saturday, April 7, 2012

It Snowed!!

This winter really has been weird. Not that I'm complaining or anything!! We've had the most bizarre weather ever! Hardly any snow, which is fine by me, and the kids have been complaining that they haven't made very many snowmen! So when it snowed a couple of weeks ago we made the best of it!

I picked the girls up from school and we came home and had lunch. I got a call from the girls tutor, who had to cancel for the day. Which was even better, so we were able to go spend the afternoon out in the snow. We went and picked up Renee and Keaton and Lincoln. They came and played with us at the hill by the hospital. It was a lot of fun.
Brianna, Cadence Keaton and Abbi sitting in the snow. DJ is in the background, in the red coat, playing by himself!

Brianna and Keaton.

The best part was it wasn't cold out. The kids had a blast running around and trying to slide down the hill. The sled kept getting stuck, so I pulled it down the hill to make a track. Then it seemed to work better.
Abbi going down the hill on her sled.

Abbi was going down and Cadence thought it would be funny to jump on top of her sister!!

DJ doing a belly flop in the snow! He thought that it was hilarious!

We all started making a big snowman together. The kids had a blast working together and making this snowman. That is until crazy DJ came running towards it and tackling and kicking the snowman. I had to protect the snowman till we finally got it done. Then everyone helped kick it down. It was a very fun afternoon and am so glad we did it.
Cadence was having a blast, and would fall into the snow and just laugh!

Renee, DJ and Cadence making the base for the snowman!

Cadence pushed it down the hill and it was huge by the time it got to the bottom!

Keaton, Brianna and Abbi by their snowman. DJ was trying to kick it down at this point! Crazy boy!

We told the kids to attack the snowman. They all listened very well too!! ha ha!

The girls were determined to break apart that HUGE ball of snow!!

DJ was attacking the head of the snowman. Look how happy he is!!

After we got home we cleaned up and bit and started to get supper ready. By then I was feeling absolutely terrible. I couldn't eat that night and layed down in my bed. I felt miserable. Had the chills and could NOT get warm. Plus if felt like my head was going to explode. I felt like that all Tuesday too. Luckily my husband stayed home, he's awesome, and took care of everything while I was being pathetic and laying in bed. I ended up going to the doctors and I had a bad sinus infection, plus a touch of the flu. I got on antibiotics for the infection. Yeah! I started feeling way better by Wednesday. It took forever for me to finally get over everything though. I coughed so bad on the weekend that I ended up pulling a muscle in my back which was causing stabbing pains in my left ribs. It was horrible. I ended up going back to the doctor because I thought I was dying!! So hopefully I'm all better now. Sheesh, not fun! Other then me getting sick, it was a fun day playing in the snow!

No comments: