Spencer's

Spencer's

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Random Happenings!

The last week in March was beautiful out. It kind of put us in a spring fever kind of mood. My kids LOVED it!! I was still trying to get over my bout of being sick. It took me a good two weeks. Not so fun!! I would have a burst of energy and then by afternoon I was exhausted. Anyways, on one of these afternoons the kids got a piece of board and some nails and hammers out. They decided to make something out on the grass. Richard stopped by and actually gave them all the hammers. So I decided, why not. I told them to be careful. They worked out there for at least an hour and a half. It was wonderful!! They were happy kids. They probably would of stayed out there longer, but I called them in for supper. The only down side, was I found nails all over the lawn. They were everywhere. I think I got them all picked up now! Oh the other down side, is DJ thinks he can fix anything with his hammer (it's a toy). He was pretending to fix our newly plastered wall (we made our knock down walls smooth). It was a mess. We had to have the guy come back and fix it. Good thing it was our friend, Dean, and he thought it was pretty funny! He's a funny boy!
My busy kids working away out on the grass!

DJ watching Abbi work on the board. They found our numbers that we bought to put on our house. They were nailing them onto the board! Oh well!


Lately whenever I am on my computer or phone DJ comes running up and asks me, "Me watch my bunny (meaning funny) tow (cow) dance." The first time he asked I was at a loss. I had no clue what he meant. He kept asking over and over. So I went on you tube and typed in "funny cow dance". Well up came a 2min video of dancing cows. DJ LOVES it!! Seriously he would ask at least 5 or 6 times a day. He watched it all the time. We always got a good laugh out of it. The other thing he asks now is, "Me watch my mouse." Meaning he wants to watch Mickey Mouse on my computer. He loves it. I should also mention that DJ is doing awesome with his speech. He says more and more and sometimes shocks us with what he comes up with. His favorite thing to say when he's mad at me or someone else is, "Abbi RUDE." It's hilarious to see, because he makes quite the mad face when he says it!
DJ sitting on the couch watching the "cow dance" on my computer!

I think we just got home from somewhere and this is how I kept him awake in the car, watching mickey mouse on my phone! Oh funny thing about the coat DJ is wearing. He calls it his "puppy coat", because it's really fuzzy inside and he always pets it before he puts it on!!

I watched Keaton one afternoon and this is how they all sat and ate lunch, watching Mickey Mouse!! They all ate very good and it was a quiet lunch.

My crazy boy who was suppose to be sleeping! I came to take a picture and the monster almost got me!! ha ha! Don't you love his left over tattoo on his chest. I thought I was buying my kids stickers and they were tattoos that ended up staying on them FOREVER.
Just because this is a random post here's a random picture of DJ painting with a girl apron on!! ha ha! He loves doing things like this with me when the girls are at school. It's fun times!

DJ really turning into a comedian in our family. His goal in life is to make his sisters laugh. He usually does a very good job at it too. Here, he thought it was funny to give himself a butter beard!!! Of course, his sisters thought it was hilarious. I have a hard time getting this boy to eat at supper time, because that's when he's usually all crazy and trying to get his sisters to laugh....no time to eat!!!

We had conference the first weekend in April. I talked to my kids and we had a FHE on conference. We explained the importance of listening to what the Prophet and his apostles have to say to us. We all agreed that when the Prophet talked, all the kids would come sit down and watch. I watched the first session on Saturday, while the kids were playing. Well they came in just as it started and they all sat down and watched for the first 30mins. I was pretty impressed. On Sunday they watched a bit too. I kept them busy with a conference coloring package I printed out. I love that we can watch it at our house. I get so much more out of it when I'm not wrestling with my children, trying to get them to sit down or be quiet. I really enjoyed listening to the talks and getting the spiritual boost I needed. It was wonderful.
My 3 girls (you can see 2 of their heads at the foot of my bed), watching conference and coloring.

Richard, Brianna, Cadence and Abbi watching conference. It was a good day!


On Monday, we had an Easter FHEFHE evening. Of course the kids were so excited about coloring their eggs. It was a lot of fun.
Cadence showing us her blue egg and blue hand! Crazy girl! She loves it when DJ insists on her wearing his clothes!! So yes, she is wearing DJ's jammies! Crazy girl!

Abbi was trying to dye as many eggs as fast as possible. She's trying to do 2 here. We had to slow her down so she could get the eggs a bit darker! Too funny!

Brianna, on the other hand, liked to take her time and make sure her egg was exactly how she wanted it!

Here's everyone at the table working hard!

DJ just thought it was great to color the eggs. He did so good this year. Was pretty careful about putting them in and taking them out. No cracked eggs this year! That's a record!! ha ha!


Tuesday morning, which was April 3rd, we found out that Justin and Tennille had their baby early that morning. She was due on the 23rd of April. So their little boy, Ethan William, came a bit early. He weighed 6lbs 8oz. He was so tiny and cute. The kids were excited to see a picture of their new cousin on the computer. On Wednesday afternoon we got a surprise visit from Justin, Tennille and Ethan. They were on their way home and stopped for a little bit. He is so cute. It was fun to hold a tiny baby. It's been a while!! The girls had fun looking at their little cousin. Cadence sat down beside me and held him very carefully. She loved it! Congratulations Justin and Tennille!

The proud parents, Tennille and Justin. One of my girls (can't remember which one) took all these pictures of the baby.

Me, with my newest nephew, Ethan, and Cadence.

Brianna with her new cousin!

Cadence loved little Ethan and just couldn't stop staring at him and wanting to hold him!


So that kind of gets us caught up till Easter time, which is my next post. Till next time!

1 comment:

Jay&Nic said...

wow I haven't commented on ur blog forever! Shame on me:) Your kids are growing like weeds! Looks like you guys had a great Easter...loved the egg dying pics:)