Spencer's

Spencer's

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Ten On Thursday!

I've decided that I'm going to try to do "Ten on Tuesday (or any day I get to it)" once a week. It's a great idea on how to keep up to date on my blog. It's just a list of ten random things that have been going on in our lives. So here it goes with my first list of ten!

1. There's a reason why I only sub, bus drive. I think I would go crazy if I drove bus every single day. Makes for busy days but they are fun too! My kids LOVE going on the bus. I am driving the bus this week, Wed-Friday and then again on Monday. It's a little bus with a small route. It's actually a Raymond route too.

2. The weather has been beautiful out the past two days. The kids have been playing HARD outside. I love that my kids choose to play outside rather then watch tv. It's great. We've been riding bikes, going for walks, playing at parks, jumping on the tramp and playing with the kids in our neighbourhood.

3. We have neighbours with twin boys that are almost 18mths old. My kids LOVE playing with them. The other day they ran over and asked if the boys could come outside and play. So they came out with their mom. Their yard is just dirt and mud right now, so the boys have a blast running around on our grass and playing in our sand box. It's fun to watch all the kids play and how well my kids do with them. So cute. I also love being able to have some adult conversation with Andrea.

4. DJ can now ride a two wheeler with training wheels. But if he had the choice he would always ride his tricycle, so I gave it away to Keaton (my cousins son). At first DJ was mad, but when I explained that Keaton had no bike and really wanted to ride a bike, then he sat there and said, "Yes, he my bike." Meaning yes, he can have my bike. It was super cute and there was no tantrum, which I thought there would of been. I was so proud of my boy!

5. It didn't get dark till almost 9pm last night. I lost track of time at the park and we didn't get home till after 8pm. The kids got ready for bed super fast and were all asleep within minutes after their heads hit the pillow. It was heaven!

6. Richard and I have been watching "Modern Family" Season 1 and now Season 2. Seriously the funniest show ever. I laugh so hard. It's hilarious! We've made a pact not to watch it without the other person! Ha ha! So every night we watch an episode or two.

7. My brother, Brent and his wife, Tiff, had a beautiful little girl on Wed, April 18th. I love having new nieces and nephews to hold. She is a doll. So tiny and cute. Congratulations Brent and Tiff, you guys make a cute little family!

8.  I was sick of my hair, so I got it cut a bit different on Tuesday. I've been watching the show "Missing" and love Ashley Judd's hair cut in it. So I showed a picture to my hair dresser (who comes to my house...love it!), and that's how she did it. I don't look exactly the same because my hair is bone straight, but I love it!

9. I really need to go have a pedicure, since sandal season is here. Good thing I have a gift certificate, now I just need to find the time to go spoil myself!

10. Richard decided that it was finally time to get a sign on his van. We've gone almost 3 years with no signs. So he got one and it looks great. We also got a smaller one that just says "Spencer Plumbing and Heating" and then our phone number on the back window of the burb. I'm glad we finally got it done.

Well there you have it, 10 random things going on in our lives! Till next week, have a great weekend!

1 comment:

The Bassetts said...

Congrats to Brent and Tiff - that is exciting. When is Emily's baby due? That is a great idea to write about 10 random things - I might have to steal the idea and try it. Maybe it will help me keep more up to date on my blogging, since I am struggling with that right now.