Spencer's

Spencer's

Friday, April 27, 2012

Ten On Friday!

OK here goes my post of ten random facts or just things that have been going on in our lives. I actually really love doing this. So fun to think of 10 different things!

1. Beautiful weather that we've had the past couple of days. Monday we hit a high of 30C. Holy crazy, and it's only April. We've been playing HARD outside, and it makes for very tired kids by the end of the day. I love it! The kids had their swimsuits on all afternoon and played in the swim pool and jumped on the tramp with the sprinkler underneath.

2. I need to be careful with what I agree with. My girls asked if they could have a pool party and I said yes. They are always having pretend parties so I didn't even think twice about it. Well I looked outside a little while later and there were at least 7 extra kids out in my yard running around in their swimsuits! I guess they went around and knocked on every door and invited kids to come to their swim party! I was fine with it until they are all trying to walk in my house with wet, dirty feet! Oh boy! Richard finally locked the little garage door and the front door, so the only way they could come in is through the sliding door and I was on the deck, so that was ok. I would ask what they needed and get drinks for them! Fun, fun! The girls thought it was great!
Here's some of the kids. There were more in the pool. I couldn't get a picture of them all.

They would race to the pool then jump in!

Loved this picture of the kids in motion! Looks like DJ is doing a hop, skip and a jump!! ha ha

3. DJ ended up with a horrible tonsillitis infection. A really bad one. I think it's been festering for the last couple of weeks. Because he hasn't been the happy boy that we are used too. The doctor said that they are normal symptoms for tonsillitis. Poor kid! Hopefully it clears up fast. The doctor wants to see him in a week, because he thinks that one round of antibiotics might not totally clear it up. Crazy.

4. I love the rain. It's pouring right now and I love it. It's making everything so green. Our grass needed it really bad. Loving having a yard this year. Wonderful!

5. It's been a SCREAMING week. Really it has. Don't know if I can handle it much longer. DJ has been on antibiotics since Tuesday and I'm hoping it's helping. But he has been one sad and grumpy boy this week. Yesterday he screamed for 30mins straight. All because he wanted to pee on the grass. But, no it couldn't be our grass or the grass across the street. So I'm not sure what grass he wanted to pee on, but he screamed about it till he almost screamed himself to sleep. Really! I had to keep him awake. There was no way I was having him fall asleep at 5pm and then be up till 11pm. NO WAY. I kept him up and he was in bed at 6:30pm. Nice!

6. Did a Cutbank run with Cadence and DJ and we invited Renee with her 2 kids. It went pretty good. She's never been so I showed her my hot shopping spots! Ha ha! Oh on a funny note, Cadence kept calling Cutbank, "Buttbank". It was pretty funny. On the way home we stopped at Aunt Karen's house to use the bathroom. They had a little lamb down by the barn so we went to see it. So cute!
Cadence, Keaton, DJ and Straton checking out the cows.

DJ and Keaton climbing the fence together!
Cadence being brave and petting the lamb, which they called Popper.

7. I love my church calling. I've been playing piano in primary for 2 1/2years and LOVE it! I've actually gotten a lot better with playing too. I had someone compliment me last week. They heard me play when I first started and then heard me last week. She told me that I've really improved! Ha ha! Thanks, I think! LOL!

8. Am getting very excited for the summer. I phoned and cancelled our car pool rides. Starting Monday, we are going to be walking or biking the girls to school. They are very excited. The last day of school for them is June 8th. Not very far away! Yeah!

9. So glad that my kids play good together most of the time. Right now they are playing "house". DJ is the cute little puppy! So funny to listen to their conversations when they are playing pretend.

10. I am sick of doing laundry. It's a never ending job and just when I think I'm all caught up, it starts all over again. Now excuse me while I go do my huge pile of laundry!

11. I just remembered one more thing, so you get a list of 11 today! On the weekend I took the kids to the Children's Festival. They had fun at the petting zoo and they got to see Barney! That was a huge hit. Abbi got her face painted too and it was done very good. It was pretty funny on how real it looked.
A picture of all my kids trying to feed a goat.

Abbi, Brianna both holding bunnies. Cadence just being cute and showing us her smile! She wouldn't hold a bunny but she did pet them.

There's Barney singing and dancing on the stage.

This was DJ's expression. He wasn't sure what to think about this talking dinosaur!!

Abbi showing us her tiger face. It's the best face painting that I've ever seen. It was hard to take off too!

1 comment:

The Bassetts said...

I hate laundry too. I think it has been months since I have seen the bottom of my laundry basket. Such a never ending job! I am glad they got DJ figured out and I hope the antibiotics kick in quick! It has been fun to hear what you guys have been up to.