Spencer's

Spencer's

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Mother's Day!

I already mentioned that I had a great Mother's Day. But I thought I'd do a quick post about it. Mine started on Thursday, where I took off after supper, by myself, and got a pedicure. I've had a coupon for a pedicure since my birthday and I thought this was the perfect time to use it. Then I met up with my Mom at Mark's Work Wear house for ladies night. I got a bunch of clothes and only spent $50. It was awesome!

Then on Friday I got a phone call from my SIL, Lisa. They were staying at the Holiday Inn (the old Ramada) and wanted us to come in to go swimming with them. I said yes. She called back 5mins later and said if we wanted the girls' could stay the night with them. They had a family suite so there was plenty of room. So we packed the girls' up (they were beyond excited), got our swimming stuff and away we went.

We swam, and swam and swam. All afternoon for about 3 1/2hrs. It was so much fun. The kids all had a blast. Lisa and I took turns playing with Spencer and DJ, while the other went down the slides with the other kids. By the time we were finished we were all starving. So we went up to their room and got the kids rinsed off and dressed and ourselves dressed. Then we loaded up in the burb and went to McDonalds for supper. We let the kids run and play there too. We were hoping that it would tire them out!! By the time we got back to the hotel, Brian was there and it was 7pm. I gave each of my girls a big hug and kiss and told them to be good. Then DJ and I went down with Brian so we could switch vehicles. Well Brian asked DJ if he was staying with them. DJ looked at his Uncle Brian then at me and said, "yup", and walked over and took Brian's hand. It shocked me!! DJ is always with me!! So I ended up coming home with no kids and leaving Lisa and Brian with a total of 7 kids. Crazy eh?! They had a blast! Luckily we did tire them out and they all went to bed good and they all slept all night, except for Spencer!

Saturday was so nice. We got up around 8:30am had a nice leisurely breakfast and then started to get some things done. It was perfect. I got stuff ready for a BBQ, so when they got here I had lunch ready. It was so nice. Thanks again Lisa and Brian!
Spencer thinking he was so big eating a cookie!

Richard set up my Mother's Day gift which is a canopy swing for in the yard. I love it. Perfect to relax on while the kids are playing outside. If I have someone over with their kids we can sit comfortably and watch all the kids in the backyard. It's perfect. Thanks hunny!

Sunday morning I could hear a lot of whispering and kids telling me to stay in my room. Then they brought in their gifts. The girls each had a brown paper bag with a cute poem on it. It was part of my breakfast in bed. A juice box, and granola bar. Well I should say I got 3 apple juice boxes and 3 granola bars! Plus they made me a peanut butter toast sandwich, which they had cut into a heart shape. Richard said they did it all by themselves. So cute! Plus Richard made me breakfast of toast and eggs. So I had a lot to eat. The girls also gave me a cute place mat each, of their hand prints on it and a cute poem. It was a fun morning.

We got to church early so the primary kids could practice their mother's day song. DJ was having issues and was screaming over everything. So Richard took him out and ended up putting him in the truck in his car seat, where he promptly fell asleep (well after some screaming)! So Richard sat out there with DJ in the burb with the A/C on. We left church after I played for singing time. Then we went to Cardston for dinner. It was a little crazy over there and we didn't end up staying long. When my kids are getting in trouble for being too noisy outside, then it's time for us to go home! I didn't have the energy to keep telling my kids to be quiet as they were jumping on the tramp. What kid jumps on the tramp quietly. Really I would like to see it! ha ha!
My kids and I right before we went to church. It was so bright out, can ya tell?!

Cute DJ on my new swing. This was the next day, which was super hot out!


So we came home and I made a yummy treat for us to eat out on my swing. The kids thought it was great. I melted some yummy chocolate I had left over from Christmas. Then I cut up some pineapples, and had some other stuff to dip into the chocolate. It was very yummy. By this time it was bed time for the girls. It was a great weekend.
DJ digging into the chocolate!

I just basically emptied my cupboards and we dipped it in chocolate! There were teddy grahams, chips, pineapple and cookies!

Cadence showing me her chocolate dipped chip, and Brianna in the background.

Loved this cute picture of Cadence with her extra curly hair!

Abbi being really sad about her really loose tooth. Every time she took a bite of something it bent it straight out. She wouldn't let me touch it though. She finally pulled it out the next day!

Brianna dipping her chips. Took me some talking to get her to try something. Then she liked it. She's my girl that hates to try anything new, even if it is chocolate!!

1 comment:

The Bassetts said...

Oh, so cute! I love how your girls made you breakfast in bed. Poor Abbi with her tooth, I'm glad she finally pulled it. Alan has another loose one so we will see how long it takes for him to pull it out. I am really looking forward to school getting out!
Carissa