Spencer's

Spencer's

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

May Long Weekend!

We had decided to get our trailer ready for this weekend. It was all planned and I was starting to clean it out the week before. But wouldn't you know it, I was driving the burb on Tuesday and the Transmission went out. Not good! Luckily we had an in with the mechanic and he was able to hurry things along at ATR. YEAH!! So we had to wait on Friday till we got our burb back before we took off. But we were able to go!

Anyways, I packed Friday morning and then finished cleaning the house, while I was waiting for the phone call about the burb. We were hoping to be on the road by 1 or 2pm. No such luck. I didn't get the call till 2:30pm. So I got a babysitter over so RIchard and I could hurry in and get it. I decided to stop at Walmart on the way home to have some food in the trailer, since we were going to be a lot later then I had planned. I grabbed some food (minus any fruit, veggies or meat...what a pain!!), so we could at least have breakfast in the morning. Good thing I did. We didn't pull into Echo lake until 9:30pm. We left home at 5pm. Going over Mariah's pass is a lot slower with a trailer, plus we might of taken a wrong turn or two on the way! The girls were getting very worried that we were going to be lost forever! Kind of funny. We have some friends in our ward that had an empty trailer spot on their land by Echo. So we decided to take our trailer down and park there for the summer. It's beautiful there and right by the lake. They have a nice big dock that we can eventually swim off of! It'll be a lot of fun.

Saturday we explored around and just got things set up. We all went for a bike ride, but Cadence and DJ and I came back a bit earlier. My chain kept falling off, which meant DJ and I couldn't go anywhere. On the way back we rode by a driveway and a dog came racing out barking at us. Of course, it went straight after Cadence. She was screaming and trying to go fast. I kept telling her to keep pedalling. The crazy dog was growling and jumping at her and I was screaming at the dog. It was a little crazy, but we made it back. Then Cadence and DJ found lots of rocks and colored them with some felts. I went with the kids for a little hike with Rachael. She was showing us around. It was all good until the kids started picking up these huge pinecones and they got covered with sticky sap. Then I had kids crying about how sticky they were. It was sticky stuff and we were washing our hands all day to get that stuff off of us. Sheesh!
Abbi coming back from their bike ride.

Here comes Brianna!

Cadence and DJ busy coloring on the big rocks.

After they were finished, they ran and got me so I could take a picture of them with their rock!

My 3 cute girls with their walking sticks.

Cadence, Brianna, Abbi, Rachael and DJ, during our walk.

Everyone walking and DJ acting like Karate Kid, and hitting the log.

Abbi and DJ with some of the huge pinecones that got us ALL very sticky!

After lunch I took Brianna and DJ and went into Kalispell to go shopping at Walmart. We decided to get a small tv and dvd player to just leave in the trialer. So I bought that and a bunch of food. It was absolutely crazy in there. I think all of Southern Alberta was there. Reminded me of Black Friday shopping there. It was a bit nuts. So I quickly did the shopping I needed and we just came straight back to the trailer. We unpacked and I got supper ready. After we ate we packed up the kids and drove them down to the park. They ran around and played for about 45mins. It was funny to watch them. It was a fun park. Then we came back and put them to bed.
DJ climbing through one of the many tunnells.

Brianna really wanted me to take her picture on the tires. So cute!

And here is how Cadence poses!!

My 3 cute girls on the tire swing.

Everyone on the swings. The girls are getting really good at pumping themselves....so nice. DJ just likes swinging like superman!

We were playing monsters and here, Richard is the monster chasing all the kids. It was hilarious!

This is where they all ran to hide!

Sunday we were up and I gave DJ a bath in the trailer and washed his hair. Then I went out to the bathhouse to give the girls their shower and wash their hair. We all got ready for church and were ready to leave by 9:40am. We were following the Robinson's to the chapel. We got on the highway and I turned around and saw DJ with a funny look on his face. I yelled at Richard to pull over and was able to catch most of the throw up in his blanket. The poor kid was so sick. He was fevered and throwing up and had diahreah. He basically slept ALL day long. Needless to say, we missed church. The girls entertained themselve by riding their bikes around the trailer and playing house. I could hear them playing pretend, it was so cute! By 5pm, DJ finally perked up and was ready to come outside on my lap. We had steak and potoatoes for supper. Then we walked down to the water for a bit. DJ was finally wanting to do something. By 7pm though he was ready for bed. All the kids were exhaused and were asleep before 8pm. It was kind of nice. Richard and I sat outside after and played a game of Scrabble. It started to rain and we had to move our table under neath the canopy.
My poor little sick boy sound asleep on the couch in the trailer. He slept through everything, because it's kind of hard to be quiet in a trailer!

He perked up a little bit after supper and we all went down to the lake to throw rocks. Here are all the kids on the rock beach.

This didn't last very long until Brianna threw a rock that hit Cadence right in the back of her head!

Cadence didn't cry too hard, then decided to go out in the water with Abbi. Crazy girls!

On Monday it rained all morning. So we went in and did some shopping. I got a few more stuff for the trailer and got some clothes for the kids. Then we came back to the trailer for lunch and to unload the stuff that was staying there. I also packed up while the kids ate. We were then told that they were putting the dock into the water so we went to watch. Afterwards we went for a boat ride with the Robinson's. It was a lot of fun. It had stopped raining for the boat ride. But when we were coming back in the clouds were too. Then it poured again. That's when we left. On the way home ALL the kids fell asleep. I think we wore them all right out! It was a fun long weekend!
Brianna and Cadence and DJ watching the guys bring in the dock.

They towed it in behind the boat and here they are setting it up.

Our cute little family standing on the dock after our boat ride.

No comments: