Spencer's

Spencer's

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Ten On Tuesday!

Lets face it, I don't think I'll ever do Ten on Tuesdays, like it's suppose to be! Oh well! This has been a great way of writing things down I would otherwise forget. I've checked out a few other blogs that do this and I find that they sometimes write down an old memory from growing up so I might do that once in a while too! Ok, I started this last Thursday and now it's Tuesday, so now I'll hurry and finish it and it'll be ten on Tuesday!!

1. Hate it when my vehicle breaks down. The suburban's transmission went on me last Tuesday. So I was without a vehicle for 4 days. Not fun. We rode our bikes everywhere. On the rare occasion we had to squish into truck....oh fun!

2. Counting down the days until school is over. Yeah! I can't wait.

3. I love taking cute pictures of my triplets!! I rarely call my girls triplet, but lets face it that's what they are and pictures of them together are super cute. I just hate it when people refer to my girls as triplets (probably why I never do it!), because they do have their own names!!



4. I solved our bike riding problems. DJ was refusing to go in the baby seat (I don't blame him), but not quite fast enough to keep up with his sisters. SO.....I bought an used tag-a-long bike. Best thing ever! He loves it and thinks he's such a big boy.
Don't mind my thumb at the top!!! But here's Richard and DJ riding their bikes together! So cute! DJ looks so big!

5. I had the best Mother's Day ever. It was fun to get the girls' gifts to me. So cute! Richard gave me a covered porch swing. I absolutely love it. Use it all the time! I can watch the kids play outside in comfort!

6. Am hating DJ's temper tantrums lately. Not sure what's been going on, but he sure can throw a LOUD temper tantrum. Usually it has to be in a public place. So embarrassing. Let's see it's happened walking down the hall in the school, he was screaming his head off. I was basically running down to the girls' room to get them, but DJ was freaking out the whole time. It's happened at the doctor's office, in the grocery store. I just keep shopping and he chases after me screaming. Oh the joys! We kind of skipped this when he was 2, so I guess were getting it now. Sheesh!
Here he is in a happy time. Good thing he is so dang cute!!! Love this boy!

7. I love, love, love me my Zumba nights!!! Seriously the funniest form of exercise ever! It took me a long time to actually go and try it. Then I was hooked. So fun. I'd like to think that I look as good as the instructor.....good thing there are no mirrors where I could see what I actually look like! ha ha ha!!

8. Abbi pulled her second tooth out. Talk about tears all day long about her loose tooth. She wanted it to come out but didn't want me to pull it. She was crying because it hurt to eat and she was hungry. It was cracking me up so bad. I told her to go into the bathroom to pull it out herself (it was just hanging there). She came out crying saying, "It's not coming out mom, I tried and tried..........(then in a happy voice) OH I just pulled my tooth out." And tada it was over with. So funny! That girl can be so dramatic at times! Love her too death.

9. Watched Eric cut down a BIG tree in their backyard. We had all the kids and us by the house ready to run. It was pretty crazy to watch. But it came down exactly where he predicted (by putting a log there). Very impressive!
Eric the mighty lumberjack!! ha ha! All the grand kids were in awe with their papa!!

10. Went on our first boat ride this year. It was at Echo Lake. We had a blast. We took our trailer down there and we are leaving it at the lake for the summer. The kids are super excited about spending lots of time this summer. So are we, it'll be fun.
Here we are just after our boat ride. It's very rare that we get the whole family in a picture. A storm was rolling in and it started to pour rain.

Brianna and Cadence sitting up front with Rachel.

DJ and I sitting together. He did not want a picture!

Richard and Abbi sitting in the back.

11. When I was growing up we always had to take the bus too school. It was always either my dad driving and then my Aunt Dixie took it over. Anyways everyday she would stop at the railroad tracks and open her door and open her window then shut them and go. I always imagined that a little mouse was saying by too his mom and getting on the bus. That memory came to me as I was driving bus lately. So funny, but I totally remember thinking that a mouse was getting on! Now that I really think about it though, of course it didn't happen, first off because my Aunt Dixie HATES mice and would of screamed!! ha ha! Anyways a funny memory of when I was growing up!

1 comment:

Shelley said...

Sounds like you have been BUSY......like always haha. I like the photo of "the triplets" at the top of the slide! I couldn't help but notice that Cadence's shoes were on the wrong feet though and it made me chuckle!! Haha