Spencer's

Spencer's

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Ten On Thursday!

1. I love watching my kids play. Right now DJ is playing on the floor in front of me with a thing of blocks that he pulled out of our storage room. He's having a blast. So cute to listen to him talking to his blocks!!
DJ organizing and playing with the blocks.


2. A trampoline is a must at our house. Best thing ever! They would jump out there FOREVER! Love it! Richard moved it onto the gravel along with our swing set, a couple of weeks ago. It's been great.
There are 7 kids jumping on the tramp, my 4 kids and Keaton with our 2 neighbour girls. They were having a blast. They did have the water underneath but had just moved it out! So much fun!

3. My girls went on a little field trip to the local greenhouse the other day. Well when I went to pick them up from school the day before, Cadence came running out yelling, "Mom were going on a field trip to the red house." It was so funny. I swear this girl is partially color blind. She knows all her colors except for red and green. If it's red she guesses green...ect. I can tell she's always guessing on those 2 colors, because once in a while she'll guess right. Silly girl.

4. Had 6 kids on the weekend in my house, 6 and under. It was a FUN weekend! My kids love having their cousins over. We had Ali and Mary for a sleepover. Lots of fun. I got a lot of looks when I came into a gas station with 6 kids trailing behind me. Trying to take 6 kids to the bathroom in a gas station can be a bit of an adventure too!

5. We had fun on Friday night and I took all the kids to the Magrath Trade Show. All 6 of them got their faces painted. So funny to watch. I was so shocked that DJ sat down and let a stranger paint on his face. I think it helped that Mary was beside him getting her face painted too. Those two are so stinking cute together. Love it!
We stopped by at Theron and Renee's house to show them and Keaton all the cute face paintings! I think Keaton wanted to be painted like a tiger, since he just kept roaring!

They all look so cute! I had to keep looking at DJ, because I kept thinking he was really sticking his tongue out, but it was just the paint! So there are 3 cute little puppies (DJ, Abbi and Brianna), one cute rabbit (Ali) and 2 cute Minny Mouses (Mary and Cadence)!

6. Another note on watching 6 little kids is NEVER take them to a playground in Calgary by myself. That was a bit of a disaster. I had other mom's looking at me like I was totally NUTS! I had the kids running everywhere. There was a little lake close by and I'd have half running down to the lake and the other half running towards the road. When I almost had 1 kid fall into the lake, I decided enough was enough, we are headed home! I drove 2 blocks back to Cody's house with the kids sticking their heads out the windows acting like dogs. Yup, we are from a small town. Sheesh, it was a little crazy!! ha ha!
Cute picture of all the girls at the playground. DJ did NOT want to be in the picture with the girls! Silly boy!

So here's DJ climbing on the rope thingy!

7. The girls love riding their bikes to school. DJ has now decided that he is too big to sit in the baby seat on my bike. He refuses. So it makes it a little harder to ride with the girls. DJ rides his bike (very slowly) as I walk ahead. The first few times I walked the girls across the highway. But yesterday they were way ahead of me. I told them ahead of time that they all have to wait for each other, get off their bikes, and wait till ALL the cars stop and then cross the road together. I saw them wait, get off their bikes and then Abbi and Brianna crossed. Cadence stood their sliding my sunglasses to the end of her nose and looking both directions and then pushing them back up on her face. I realized that there was a whole bunch of cars stopped waiting for her. I ran and helped her across, as DJ was screaming and crying for me to wait. Thanks to Sister Perry, who was the first car stopped patiently waiting for Cadence to cross the road. She was laughing. She said it was so cute to watch! DJ rode his bikes for 4 blocks. It took FOREVER, because he kept stopping at every stick he saw to pick it up. Every stick he picked up turned into a different tool. It was so cute. He'd stop and get off his bike and fix on his bike too. What a kid. We finally made it home!

8. DJ has been feeling much better. So happy to see him back to his normal self. Last week when he was still feeling down and out of it, he fell asleep in the car. We were 30 seconds from our house. So I just picked him up and stood him up by the coach. I finished unloading the car and came back to him sound asleep standing up and his head on the ottoman. I tried so many times to wake him up but it wasn't happening. He slept for 2hrs. Crazy boy! So glad he's feeling better.
Aaawww, what a tired and sick little boy! Love him!


9. Am getting very excited for the camping season. We've had some really nice, warm days lately. Today was cold, but besides that it's been nice. The kids keep asking us when we are going to go camping. Hopefully soon!

10. Bought myself a new softball glove. Renee and I have decided to play softball together. There is a league that plays here in Magrath. So I am excited to play again this year. It's been awhile since I've played. I used to play on a league before I had the girls with the Lethbridge Police team. It was a lot of fun.

No comments: