Spencer's

Spencer's

Sunday, September 22, 2013

Calaway Park!!

The week after YW's camp, Mikah and Shaylee went up to Calgary the next Wednesday. Before they went we went over to my mom's so the kids could play. My kids loved playing with their older cousins. One day the kids all got a ride on Ron's horse. He keeps his horses out at the farm sometimes. Anyways, my girls were super excited to have a ride. DJ was happy to watch them from the back of the truck. It was a fun afternoon!
Brianna loved riding the horse, not afraid at all!

DJ and Keira had fun playing in the back of the truck.

Grandpa leading Brianna around!



Abbi had fun riding as well!

Cute Keira wasn't too sure about the horse!

My brothers had planned on going on a boys quad camp out. All the brother in laws were invited too. So it was Richard, Cam, Cody, Brent, and David that all went. So I had decided that the kids and I were heading up to Calgary. Mikah and Shaylee were there helping Emily out. So I called and we planned on going to Calaway Park. I thought it would be perfect since we had the older girls to help us out. My kids were super excited.

So we went up Thursday afternoon and stayed over night. Friday we decided to eat lunch before we took off. We thought it would be easier that way. So by the time we got to Calaway park it was just before 2pm. The kids were SO EXCITED to be there. We were quite the group walking up to the gate!
There`s Emily pushing Evan, then all the girls walking together!


My kids have never been to anything like this before. We've deprived them, I know!! Oh well! I wanted them to be old enough to walk everywhere and not be too whiny! So our first ride was the bumper cars. DJ was super excited to go drive and crash into people. I wasn't sure how everyone was going to do. But they all loved it. Cadence would crash into everyone!! DJ was just laughing and going everywhere! So funny to watch!
There`s DJ and Cadence, but if you look closely you can see all our kids in their cars!

Then we did the spinny eggs. It was a very calm kid ride. There were 3 to an egg and it would slowly spin and go up and down. Abbi was with Mikah and someone else, and I could tell that she was crying. After the ride I gave her a hug and asked what was wrong. It surprised her that it went up and made her cry. I thought for sure that meant she wasn't going to go on any crazy ride. But no, she was fine after that!! Funny Abbi. We did a bunch of kid rides so all the kids could do it.
DJ and Cadence in the boat ride.

We went and did the little swing ride so DJ and Mary could try it out!

The one ride that they wanted to go on was the swings. As we were walking over to the swings the skies got dark and it started to rain. Evan had just fallen asleep so Emily took all the kids except Evan, DJ and Mary. So the 4 of us ran and found an umbrella to stand under. Everyone was soaked by the time they got off the ride. But it was a huge hit and they all loved it!
Mary and DJ hiding under the big umbrella!! What cuties!

Then we went on the little truck ride. The trucks had a canapy so it kept us dry too! By the time we were finished that ride the rain had stopped. But it had cleared out the park pretty quickly. It made it super nice. We hardly had to wait at any rides. We did almost all the rides. I was trying hard to talk Mikah and Shaylee to go on the roller coaster with me. But nobody would. Then Abbi spoke up and said she would. So away we went!! I was a tiny bit worried, but she kept telling me she really wanted to go. So we got strapped in and started off. It's a short ride, so we do it twice. Well I was screaming and we came in and stopped and Abbi screams, "I LOVE IT, I WANT TO DO IT AGAIN!" And we were off again. She couldn't stop about how much she loved it! So cute!!


Ali, Cadence and Shaylee on the carousel.

Brianna driving the truck!

We did a few more rides. The kids really wanted to go on the hot balloon ride, which is like a ferris wheel. So that was fun. We were in there for awhile. The girls were getting a little bit silly!! Mary and DJ were dying to go in the Strawberry ride. I did not want to go, because I was starting to feel a little dizzy and nauseous. Too much spinny, turny rides!! But there had to be a adult.....dang it!! So I went, they loved it!!
Here comes DJ on the train. He`s right in the front, you can see his orange hat!

Silly girls on the balloon ride!

We decided to leave the log ride for last. That was the only ride with the long lines. So away we went. Emily stayed back with Evan, Mary and Brianna. Everyone else came in line with us. We waited probably for about 1hr. It was a little crazy, kids were getting hot, tired and very grumpy. DJ was bugging his sisters, and then would start crying if they did anything to him. I was ready to leave the line, but we stayed. It was finally our turn. They would only let 5 go in a log, so DJ and I ended up going by ourselves. I was sitting in the back and DJ was right in front. I wasn`t worried at all. Then we came to the first drop and it surprised me cause we ended up sliding all the way to the front of the log. It kind of scared me and it really scared DJ. So I told him that we both needed to hang onto the bars, and I would have one arm around him. We did the huge drop and the looks on our faces were hilarious. I didn`t feel like spending over $20, so I took a picture with my phone as we were walking by. The lady tried to jump up to block the picture, but I was too tall. I just wanted a quick picture to show our faces. Too funny!
It`s fuzzy, but there`s the 5 girls on the left and then DJ and I!! Too funny!
After the log ride the park was just starting to close down. It was 7pm. We were there all afternoon. Ali was soaking wet from the log ride. So we decided it was time to go. The kids did awesome. They were all starving by this time, so we decided to go to the nearest McDonald`s. Luckily it wasn`t very far, so we went and ate. Everyone ate so good! It was a really fun day. Then we drove back to Emily and Cody`s. I put my kids right to bed. They all fell asleep quickly. So glad we decided to go to Calgary. It was a fun couple of days!!

No comments: