Spencer's

Spencer's

Friday, September 27, 2013

Final Weekend At Echo!

So this was our final weekend. I should mention that I did a 12 day stretch for our final time camping at Echo. It actually turned out pretty good. As I mentioned before, Richard was able to come on most weekends and he usually made them long weekends.

Anyways, since we were there for so long, I had to do laundry a few times. Oh I forgot to mention on the August long weekend, Abbi woke up in the middle of the night and threw up everywhere. It was all over her blankets, pillow, jammies, and in her hair. It was horrible. Plus it was raining outside. So we scooped everything up and threw it outside under our canopy. Then I gave her a quick sponge bath and got her settle in with DJ. Poor girl. She was fine after that. So we had to go do laundry the next day too. Anyways, whenever I had to do laundry I always tried to make it fun for the kids. We dropped it off one time and went and did some quick shopping and came back to switch it into the dryers. As the clothes dried the kids got to eat there huge lollipops. It worked out perfect!!

My four cute kids with their lollipops!!

 
On Friday we swam and relaxed and just had a fun day. Lisa and Brian didn't make it to the trailer until later. I think it was around 8:30pm, by the time they pulled up. The kids were so excited to see each other. They ran around and played for awhile. I went into the trailer and set up all the beds. We decided to try to all sleep in the trailer. So Richard and I had DJ with us and Lisa and Brian slept under the bunk with Spencer.
DJ swimming around with his boogie board.

Me relaxing and reading a book!

The kids went to bed great. They were all tired. We stayed up for a while, then decided to go to bed ourselves. Well we slept good for a few hours then woke up to Spencer screaming. This happened ALL NIGHT! Luckily most of the kids stayed asleep. DJ woke up once and was super mad, because he wasn't in his own bed. He was getting ready to scream. I quickly made a bed on the floor and he went back to sleep. He doesn't like sleeping with us. We just never have any of our kids sleep with us. He was happy on the floor and went back to sleep. It was a long night!

We just stuck around the trailer on Saturday. We swam and just had fun. I took a lot of super cute pictures of all the kids playing together in the water. But they are on my camera! So sad! I was going to share the pictures with Lisa. So she doesn't get any either. They played and played. We had supper and then Brian gathered all the kids together and put together some games for them. The kids had a blast. There were only a few casualties. They were doing the wheel barrel race and Brianna was holding DJ's legs up. Well half way through the race DJ's hands collapsed and he landed right on his face. Poor kid was super sad. Brianna got hurt too! Then Brian paired up the kids and blind folded one of the partners. The idea was for the other partner to talk the blind folded one through a little obstacle course to get them back together. It was hilarious. Cadence was listening to Seth and she was determined to win. She was going pretty fast, I was about to yell out stop to her but it was too late. She ran right into a car. She bounced off it and made it too Seth. She didn't cry at all, which made it even funnier! They had a blast playing the games. Then we took them down to the water and they played in the water for a bit.

Then it was time to clean up and have showers. I showered all my kids first. The cabin, was actually really busy this weekend. Bournes had some family over and the Robinson's were at the cabin with most of their family. So we all decided to shower that night, instead of Sunday morning. It was a good decision!!

Lisa and Brian set up their tent and slept in it that night. They had Spencer's play pen and he slept a lot better. We slept in the trailer with 6 kids. They all slept good that night.
DJ sleeping in the trailer. He had his blanket and tiger draped over his head!

On Sunday we went to church and then came back and had lunch. We hung around and let the kids play. Then we decided to drive to Whitefish and go up the ski lift and walk around. So glad we did. It was actually a lot of fun. 2 of my kids were starting to freak out. They didn't want to go on the chair lift at all. I had DJ, Cadence and Jazzi with me. I basically had to drag DJ on with me and he was screaming. I put him on my lap. Once we started going, he was fine and had a lot of fun. The kids had fun screaming hi to the chairlifts going down. Crazy kids!
DJ requested a fort and some quiet, shade time!! So there ya go!!

Playing on the swing set after church one Sunday!

Crazy DJ, with a stick. He was obsessed with always having a stick. Sometimes he was a little dangerous!

Brianna and Cadence!

We got to the top and found out Brianna had lost one of her flip flops. She was pretty upset about it. Richard gave her a piggy back ride and they took off. He saw where it fell and it was close to the top. So they went and got it. Then she was happy!

We walked around and went to an old chair lift station. It was a really pretty view. The kids were fascinated with all the bikers up there. People take their mountain bikes and ride down the trails. It was crazy to watch them!
Abbi, Jazzi, DJ, Seth and Cadence.

Loved this picture. Looks so cool. The kids loved looking over the edge!

Checking out the view!

We were looking over the back side. This is where we usually go skiing on the back side of the mountain!

We tried to get a few pictures up there. We got a family picture and I got some of each of my kids. DJ is a pill when it comes to pictures. Drive me crazy. But I did get a few good ones.
Here's our family picture. DJ was not impressed! Oh well!

He finally decided that I could take his picture. So this is what I got!

Cute Brianna on the mountain!

Cadence with a cool view behind her!

My cute Abbigail!!

Crazy DJ! This outfit he's wearing is something he shopped for himself. It was super cute, he came and showed me and told me it matched because there's red in the shirt. I couldn't say no!

After we came back down the mountain Richard and I decided to go for a little drive with our kids. We checked out the HUGE houses further up the mountain. You can't even call them houses, more like mansions. It was fun to slowly drive by and check them out!! ha ha! Crazy how big they are, and very fancy.

I think by Sunday night, we had very tired kids. We had kept them pretty busy and everyone was ready to go to sleep. We put them to bed before 9pm and all my kids were asleep right away. Seth had a harder time, but everyone else was tired. We sat outside the trailer and were visiting and laughing. We could hear the Bournes having fun behind us. They came over at one point and said they were a little worried about there being a skunk. We joked about it a bit and they went back to their campsite.

We were joking around and someone said that we should play a joke on the Bournes. Brian mentioned that it would be funny if someone went behind their trailer and rustled in the trees and tried to scare them. We were laughing about it and they kept telling me to do it. So I did! ha ha! I grabbed a stick and a ball. The only problem was their trailer was right up against bushes and the only way around (without anyone seeing) was by crawling under their slide out. So away I went. I was trying to be super quiet and careful. They have a big fifth wheel trailer. I got half way and all of the sudden I couldn't move. I tugged a few times and realized my belt got caught on something. I tried to unhook but was making lots of noise. So I just sat their and waited a minute then tried again. They were talking and pretty loud, so I decided to roll the ball at someones feet to see if that brought any reaction. Since I was stuck anyways!! So I did and it hit someone. But there was no reaction. Instead they were blaming it on 7yr old Kaden. He kept saying he didn't do it. I finally got unstuck and came around to the front of the trailer. Oh I should mention that I was shaking the trees so hard, but no reaction either. I was running out of ideas. So I came around to see where people were sitting. Cynthia Ralph was sitting close to me with her back to me. Nobody saw me and I snuck up and grabbed her shoulders and growled. There was seriously no reaction!! If that was me I probably would of had a heart attack. Well I ended up on my back (my legs had fallen asleep). We were all laughing and Cynthia turned to me and said, "Watch out Janae, I'm loaded." As she showed me her gun (a bebe gun). Oh my, it was so funny. I think we all died of laughter. I told them they were no fun to scare!! But we had a really good laugh. Glad I could entertain people!! Ha ha! I went back to my trailer and they were wondering what took me so long. When I told them I got stuck, that got us all laughing really hard!! It was a lot of fun!

Monday morning, we woke up and started packing things up. We had decided that we are probably not coming back next year. Since, hopefully, we will be building a house. So we took apart the swing set too. By lunch time we were ready to roll out. We had no food so we decided to stop at a restaurant on the way home. Richard followed behind me and the kids on his motorbike. We had a lot of fun camping at Echo. We camped there for a total of 30 nights. It was some good times!!

1 comment:

Shelley said...

Sounds like everyone had a great summer. You still got your hands on some cute photos even though you lost your camera!!! Hahaha