Spencer's

Spencer's

Thursday, September 19, 2013

Mikah and Shaylee!

After David's wedding Steve and Stacey had to head back to Williamslake. All their kids stayed here for the summer. We got Mikah and Shaylee for a week. It was a wonderful week. We LOVED having them stay with us. The kids were in heaven too! They are so much fun!

On Monday it ended up being kind of a cool and gloomy day. So I decided to run to Lethbridge to get some shopping done. We went to walmart and all my kids got into a cart and Shaylee took off with them. It was kind of comical. I told her I would be in the food section. So I shopped by myself the whole time. At times I could hear my kids through out the store, but I was like, meh they aren't screaming!! Ha ha ha!

We then went to Costco and got a few other things. I made a snap decision to go to a movie after that. So I bought the tickets there at Coscto. So much cheaper! We got some lunch and ate it at Costco too. Then away we went to the movie. We went and saw Despicable Me 2. It was hilarious. All my kids thought it was so funny. Cadence only got freaked out twice!! She cracks me up! Glad we went!
This is after the movie! There's Cadence, Abbi, Brianna, Shaylee and Mikah!

And, of course, we can't forget DJ!! What a stud!! ha ha!

As we were walking out of the movie to our vehicle, I noticed the clouds were black and moving in fast. I made the comment that it looked like it was going to hail. We've had some crazy storms this year. Anyways we started driving and sure enough it started to hail. Luckily I was pretty close to The Bay underground parking. I quickly pulled in there and we waited out the storm. It was cool to watch. I took a few pictures too. Well I got back in the vehicle and Abbi was SCREAMING, which was making DJ cry too. Brianna was starting to get worried. I could not get Abbi to calm down. She was pretty hysterical. So we decided to go into the mall to find a bathroom. But Abbi was so freaked out she wouldn't move. I picked her up and we went in. By this time DJ was screaming and Mikah had to pick him up. I'm sure we were quite the sight!!! We finally got everyone to calm down and when we went back out the hail had stopped. So we headed for home!
The crazy hail coming down. It was starting to look like snow!

There was water everywhere!

We went swimming the next day with Mikah and Shaylee. I loved having them with me. They would get right in and entertain the kids. It was perfect. On Wednesday I had to go into Raymond to get my neck adjusted. I was in pain. So while they were waiting for me they all walked over to the Library. But my kids got too crazy and some guy came out and got after Mikah. So they came back! Sheesh! During these days, Mikah and I were getting stuff ready for girls camp. I was called as the Young Women's Camp Director. Mikah was coming to camp with me. We were leaving Thursday morning and coming back Saturday. I was pretty nervous but excited too!

So that's a few of the things we did with Shaylee and Mikah. We loved having them here with us. It was a blast! Hopefully it will happen again!!

No comments: