Spencer's

Spencer's

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Summer Fun!!

Oh my, summer is gone and I haven't posted anything on my blog. First comes the excuses, my computer broke down and I lost my camera with most of my pictures (I am still upset about that). Plus we have been super busy and I haven't had any time to post. So here we are!!!! I am going to try to catch up in the next few days.

June 30 - July 5th

The girls and I decided to do the Family Fun Run in Raymond this year. This was on a Saturday before July 1st. I was so proud of my cute little girls. We got there as everyone was running off, so we took off running as soon as we got there. I ran with the girls till we got to the 1km point. At this time I turned them around (they were doing the 2km run) and got them running back together. They told me they walked and then when they saw the finish line they all took of running! Silly girls!!

I kept going and did the 5km run. I did pretty good. I was able to finish it in 34mins. Not too bad if you take in account that we started about 2mins late and I ran the first km with the girls. I`ve been trying so hard to do 5kms in 30mins. Getting pretty close!!
Here we all are after the race!

There's Abbi, Cadence and Brianna racing to the finish. So proud of them!

Here I am coming to the finish line!

Oh so tired!! ha ha! We did it!

After the run we went to the family pancake breakfast. It was a fun Saturday morning. So glad we did it. DJ and Richard cheered for us, and took pictures!!

For July 1st, we went to the Raymond Parade. Then we went out to my parents for dinner. It was just out immediate family. That is still a lot of people. The kids had fun running around and playing together and us adults had fun eating and talking!!

I decided to take off around 6pm to go to the trailer at Echo Lake. I thought that it would be fun to go for a few days before David and Jill`s wedding. So away we went. It was just me and the kids. They were excited and everyone does so good with traveling now. We really didn't have any problems at all. We got there around 9pm. They ran around and I unpacked and got settled in.

We had fun swimming every day. It was super hot there and fun to swim in the water. There was nobody else at the cabin, so it was nice and quiet. I really liked that! We had fun floating on our new toys and just having fun. On Wednesday I packed up a big lunch and we took off early to the Flathead lake park. We got there around 11am and stayed till after 4pm. We got a good spot right by the water and with a picnic table. It was perfect. The kids had a blast playing in the water. I had fun floating and watching them and then reading my book. Very relaxing! Loved it!

We were just getting back to the trailer when Richard called my cell phone and told me Lisa and Brian were looking for us. Sure enough they drove into the driveway right at that moment. That was a fun surprise. They were camping at West Glacier and decided to come find us. We went down to the lake and swam and then they stayed for super with us. The kids had a blast playing with their cousins. After supper we went and swam again. Then they had to go. The kids and I roasted marsh mellows over our BBQ!! We can't have open fires there so I took off the rack and we roasted them over the flames. The kids thought it was a great idea!! Then I showered them (DJ screamed the whole way to the showers) and put them to bed!

Thursday was July 4th. The plan was to go to the Big Fork Parade. We found out that the Big Fork Ward has a big breakfast so we went there first. We met Brian and Lisa there too. Then we stuck together. We found a place to watch the parade. It was a super long parade. It was so hot out too, we were all dying from the heat. The kids got so much candy it was a little crazy. At the end they threw out full size chocolate bars. Crazy!

After that we were going to head for home. We went into Kalispel and had lunch at McDonald's and the kids got to play. Then I got a few things at Target and we headed out. They have all been asking me to stop at Lake Five again. Like we did last year. So I did. It was so stinking out that it felt good to go jump in the lake! We only stayed for an hour. But it was fun!

We then went on home. We got home about the same time Richard got home from work. It was nice to be home. It was a fun quick trip to the lake. Sadly I have no pictures to share since they were all on the camera. So sad!!

No comments: