Spencer's

Spencer's

Thursday, September 19, 2013

David and Jill's Wedding!

So my little brother, David, got married this summer. CRAZY!!! We were so excited to have Jill join our family. She fits right in! They got married on Saturday, July 6, 2013! Funny thing is, it's Richard's birthday too!

So I helped decorate and set the family dinner up on Friday (that's why we came home Thursday night). I told the kids that we were going to celebrate dad's birthday that night, since it was going to be all about David and Jill on his birthday. They were excited.

I got an ice cream cake and we already had his gifts. We got home and I ordered pizza and we had our little party ready to go!! Oh I should mention that at about this time, I realized my temple recommend just expired on July 1st. Oops. Luckily I figured it out before the wedding. So we had to run to the church to meet a member of our bishop bric for my interview. Then I got my interview with the stake presidency Saturday morning as we were headed to the temple. It was a little stressful, but so glad it worked out!
Look at all those candels!!

Everyone helping blow out the candles!

Cadence and DJ giving their dad a card and gift! So cute!

Anyways, we had our dinner and sang happy birthday to Richard. DJ made sure we put all 37 candles in the cake. It looked like the whole cake was on fire! The kids thought that was hilarious! They all helped him blow the candles out. It was a fun evening as a family.

Saturday was a busy, long, fun and awesome day!! We went to the sealing, which was amazing to be apart of. I sat by Cody and he turned to me and whispered, "Are you going to cry?" Which I laughed and said no. He said, "Good, because that makes me very uncomfortable." So funny! I had to tease him about it later on. What a crazy brother!

Then it was picture time once the bride and groom came out of the temple. The day was absolutely beautiful. Not too hot or windy. Perfect! DJ decided that he wanted nothing to do with pictures. He wouldn't put on his pink tie either. He can be super stubborn. Drive me crazy. Plus all the cool pictures I took on this day are all gone. Still makes me sad. Luckily everyone was taking lots of pictures so I am sharing theirs!
Here's the happy couple coming out of the Temple.

Keira being all adorable!!

All the nieces loved helping Aunt Jill with her dress!

Everyone chatting and having a good time!!

A picture of both families together with David and Jill.

Jill and David with Grandpa Pitcher!

My mom and dad!

Love this picture of Jill with all the nieces on our side! So cute! There's 11 girls.....crazy!

After we took pictures we headed over to the church to see if there was anything we could do to help with the family dinner. The kids had fun playing and running around. I gathered all the nieces and nephews and we practised a song that they were going to dance too. That happened during the program, after everyone ate. Before we ate Travis and Shelley showed up and we quickly got everyone together to do another family picture, so they could be in it too. This one turned out way better for us, because DJ is in the picture. Before he was hiding behind everyone! Crazy boy!


Here's my whole family together with David and Jill.

The family dinner was delicious! I had some super cute pictures of the kids eating beside their Great Grandpa Pitcher. But they are gone! Yup, I am going to keep bringing that up!! After we ate they had a short program. I had quickly put together a cute song for the nieces and nephews to act out. It was called Farmer's Tan. DJ rode his tractor around while the girls danced to the song. It was short but cute. Afterwards, DJ pulled Evan around everywhere.
All the girls getting ready to dance. Trayden and Chase came out with DJ flexing their muscles!

DJ and Evan with the tractor. At the end of the song DJ rode up to the edge of the stage and dumped his bucket which had a big sign that said "WE LOVE YOU UNCLE DAVID AND AUNT JILL"!

Evan loving his ride in the trailer! So cute!!

We then had a couple of hours before the reception. So we went over to Richard's Grandma and Grandpa Spencer's to just relax for a bit. Just after we got there we had a big hail storm. It was a little crazy. Then it rained for an hour or so. By the time we came back to the church it had stopped.

My girls were so excited about all the neat decorations at the reception. They were in charge of putting the gifts in a pile. They loved doing that. I guess Abbi was enthralled with the cake. She kept telling everyone that it was duct tape. I guess she couldn't stand it anymore and she poked her finger into the cake. Then she turned to her sisters and cousins and declared, "Nope the cake is real." Oh boy! I didn't hear about this till later. The lady who made the cake got after Abbi, which she deserved! Crazy girl! I was a bit embarrassed because it was kind of hard to cover up the hole Abbi made. So they turned the cake around. Sheesh!
Shaylee, Mary, Abbi and Cadence looking so cute! Mary holding Jill's bouquet of flowers.

The wedding cake that Abbi didn't think was real. Her big finger print (hole) is on the back side of the cake!

It was fun to visit with family and just mingle. We are so happy for David and Jill. They make a cute couple. Its still weird to think that David is married!! It was a wonderful day!

No comments: