Spencer's

Spencer's

Thursday, October 17, 2013

Back To School!

After a really fun summer, it was time to go back to school. Summer went by WAY too fast! I wasn't excited about school starting at all. The kids were excited though, so that's what counts! This year Abbi, Brianna and Cadence are in Grade Two!! Abbi asked ahead of time to be in a different class then her sisters. So that's what we did.

They all woke up early that day and got all ready. They were a bit excited!! We had to do some first day of school pictures before we took off to the school. It was nice out so we did it out on the front deck.


My three cute girls ready for their first day of Grade Two!

Abbi so excited to meet her new teacher!

Happy Cadence couldn't wait to get to school!

My cute Brianna all ready to go!

Cadence was being very goofy that morning!

We took Brianna and Cadence to their class room first. Their teacher is Mrs. Oberg. They got to choose where they were sitting and they chose to sit by each other. They were happy when I left them in their classroom.
Brianna and Cadence at their desks!

Then off we went to take Abbi to her class room. Her teacher is Miss Nielson. Abbi was acting super shy and didn't want me to leave. We finally found her a desk by someone she knew. That made her feel better. She gave me a hug and I left.
Abbi gave me a big smile before I left!

DJ and I came home and we decided to do a fun first day of school party again. DJ helped me make a sign that we put up. I got everyone a new watch that I put on their plates. I thought they would be excited about that and they were! It was just a half day. So we went and picked the girls up at lunch time.

Then we came home and the girls were super excited to see we made them a surprise lunch party. So we made the pizzas and sat down and ate lunch together.

That afternoon I had an appointment with Mrs. Oberg. She wanted me to come in so we could talk about Cadence and her needs. I went in and we went over to Mrs. Fisher's room so we could talk with her too. It was funny, because Mrs. Oberg said she was nervous to have 2 of the triplets in her class. Iguess last year, when they met the grade two teachers my three girls were super wild and laughing over everything. I laughed and said, No they are not like that in school. Which Mrs. Fisher confirmed! We had a good laugh over it!

DJ's first day of school was on Thursday of the same week. He was a little nervous but excited to go. He was ready really early on his first day too. Of course, I had to take some pictures of him on his first day.


DJ was super excited to go to school!!

It was so nice out, so the kids rode their bikes to school. The girls have been riding their bikes or scooters to school every day! I walked beside DJ. He thought he was so big to ride to school with his sisters. It was cute. The girls all gave him a big hug and kiss before they walked to their classes!
Cadence and Brianna ready to go ride their bikes to school!

DJ and I both got to go to his first day of pre-school. When we got their DJ refused to go in. I kept telling him that I wasn't going to leave him. I finally got him into the room where I sat down on the floor with him so he could play. I had to fill out some papers. He was still being shy, but he finally started playing with the train set with some other boys.

Then everyone had to help clean up. He did that no problem. Then his teacher, Mrs. Clifton told the kids that their parents were going to the other room and they got to listen to a story and make a craft. So all the parents got up to leave. One boy started screaming (really loud), which totally freaked DJ out. He started to cling to me and was about ready to cry. I told him I'd stay with him for a minute. Then Mrs. Jones came up and asked DJ if he wanted to sit on her lap. DJ knows her from last year, we went swimming with her a few times, when I drove the bus. So he said yes and went and sat on her lap. Phew!! He was so excited to show me what he made when I came back. He was a happy boy when we left!

He rode his bike home from pre-school. I walked beside him. He got tired half way home and had to take a little bit of a break! His first real day of pre-school was the next Tuesday. We had a hard time going. He didn't want to go and was scared. I would stay with him for a bit till he would finally leave my side. He only screamed one day. He just didn't want to stay. He had had a bad morning and didn't want to go. But he wasn't sick and I told him he was going to school. He was mad at me. Anyways, I ended up leaving him at the school screaming. I tried staying with him and it wasn't working. So I left and cried all the way home. I felt horrible. I waited for 10 minutes and then called the school to make sure he had stopped. They said, yes he did and he was very happy. I ended up going back anyways, because I was the mom helper. I was worried that he would be all clingy and start crying once he saw me. But no, he was a happy camper. Silly boy!
DJ taking a little break in the shade. It was pretty hot outside!

School has been going good for everyone. We are back into the swing of things. We have a good routine going. The days are busy. The girls are all in piano and they go on Thursdays after school. On Mondays, they all go to clogging. Then on Wednesdays they stay after school for choir. So they are busy girls! On every other Friday I do Activity Days for the older girls. The teacher for the younger girls invited my girls to come. That made their day and they love going!! We've been doing the nightly reading with each of the girls. They all love to read and it's nice to listen to them! There's also a lot of piano practising going on at our house too. We are always busy!!

No comments: