Spencer's

Spencer's

Sunday, October 20, 2013

Climbing Bears Hump!

One Saturday in September Richard went out with his brothers and mom and dad to help move his Grandma and Grandpa Bowlby. So we decided to go into Cardston with him. After lunch my sister, Megan, came and met us at Spencer's. Then we decided to go into Waterton to climb Bears Hump. Megan has never done it before. Lisa came along with her kids too and I had Ella and Declan.

We got there and unloaded the troops. We made everyone run to the bathroom first then we were off. It ended up being a really windy day. But we decided to go ahead anyways. We took a lot of little breaks for everyone to take a little breather. Everyone walked themselves, except for Spencer, who got a ride on his mom's back!
Here's some of our crazy group!



Lisa and Spencer. She was quite the trooper!! Way to go Lisa!

I was very impressed with how everyone did. We didn't have too many complaints! We stopped about halfway and got a really cool picture of our whole group. A nice person stopped and took the picture for us.
Here's the whole group! That's a lot of kids! Ha ha ha!!

We were getting close to the top and there were some very tired kids. A nice guy told us we had 5 more turns left. So that helped us get to the top. The kids were busy counting the corners. We finally made it. YEAH!!! We got up to the top and the wind was CRAZY! It totally freaked DJ right out. He thought he was going to fly off the mountain. So he was clinging to me like a monkey!! ha ha!
YEAH we made it!

I picked DJ up at the top, so he wouldn't be so scared!

Such a pretty view!

We went to the side a little bit and took a few more pictures. I had Cadence and DJ crying now and a little bit scared of the wind! It was pretty crazy up there. But the view was amazing! Megan was so happy she hiked up with us. It's a steep hike but so worth it once we get to the top.
This picture makes me laugh. Not sure what Abbi is doing, DJ is clinging to me like a monkey, Cadence isn't happy, and Brianna is as happy as can be!!

Proof that Declan and Ella made it to the top with us. Declan was freezing, so he tucked his arms in his shirt!!


Then we started back down. I had a few kids that were tired and just didn't want to go too fast. So we were in the back. Megan went ahead with most of the kids. Thanks Megan!! Lisa and I were in the back with DJ, Cadence and a few others.
Megan and the kids going down.
Spencer and Lisa. He was a happy camper!!

DJ then decided that he had enough. He sat on a rock and didn't want to move. I kept telling him that we were so close to the end. He started coming and then started screaming at me. He had a total melt down. He wanted me to pick him up but I told him no. He was screaming, and we kept walking. So he was screaming even louder, but at least he was following us. We got a lot of looks. But I didn't care. We were 2 minutes from the bottom. He was so done. He wouldn't stop crying. Oh the joys!! I was so proud of him that he hiked the whole way though.
DJ, just before his HUGE melt down!!

We then just went across the road to the lake and had a snack. Then we headed back to Cardston. It was a fun afternoon. I'm so glad we decided to go!

No comments: