Spencer's

Spencer's

Thursday, October 17, 2013

Labour Day Weekend!

We had so much fun at St. Mary's that we thought we would camp there for the long weekend. We heard that they book up fast, so I planned on taking the trailer down on Thursday. Well, I probably should of done it on Wednesday! We got there around 1:30pm on Thursday, but there were not spots available. The kids were super sad. I had the trailer all loaded and food all shopped for. So I pulled the trailer down to Wally's Beach just so they could play for the day.

Then I pulled it back home. We weren't sure what to do. I called Waterton Springs Campground on Friday. They had a few spots available. So we booked two spots and away we went. Justin and Tennille came the next day and camped next to us. I am so glad we decided to go.

We set up camp Friday night and I made some supper. The kids rode their bikes around and played with other kids at the park. Then we walked around the camp ground as a family. Then we put the kids to bed.

On Saturday the kids played around in the morning. There were a lot of kids around and they loved to go play with their new friends. It was so nice. We hung around the trailer and relaxed. I read a book and would watch the kids ride around. Justin and Tennille got there just before lunch. We helped them set up their trailer. I got lunch ready and we all roasted some hot dogs. Easy but yummy lunch.


Cadence entertaining Ethan. She was sharing her stuffed penguin!


A squishy family picture. Richard is on the bottom and all the kids are on top of him!


Hanging around the camp site. Here's Ethan, Tennille and Justin!
 Then we drove into Waterton to meet Shelley, Eric, Lisa and her kids at the water park. It was really hot out, so the kids were excited to get wet. We had to wait in line to get into the park for a long time. But we finally made it in! Waterton was super busy that weekend. But we just went to the water park and met Shelly, Eric, Lisa and her kids. It was hot out, so the kids had fun playing on the playground and then running through the spray park. We ran into David and Jill too. They were there with her family. It was fun to visit with them for a while too.

Seth, DJ and Cadence playing in the spray park.
DJ and Seth getting ready to run into the water.

Cute DJ having fun in the water!!

Abbi running by her Grandpa, as he was trying to get her with his towel.

Ethan sitting on his Uncle Richard!

Cadence running by her Grandpa. They played this for a long time!!

We stayed for a few hours then headed back to the trailers for dinner. Tenille made tacos for us. I helped her get things ready and then we all sat down and ate. It was a delicious dinner. Then the kids took off and played. They found some friends that they had a fun time playing with.

The Wolsey's came over and we sat around the fire and visited. We all roasted marsh mellows too. It was a fun day and evening. Then I gathered up the kids and we gave them all a quick shower in the trailer. They were all so dirty. Filthy dirty!! So they all went to bed, nice and clean.
Helping dad make a fire.

Uncle Justin showing them how NOT to make a fire! ha ha!

DJ was beyond filthy dirty!! A true boy!!

Abbi and DJ waiting to roast marsh mellows. DJ was singing a song!!

Goofy faces!! He was being so silly!

We woke up Sunday morning and started to get ready for church. I was trying to keep the kids in the trailer, because I knew as soon as they went out that they would get dirty. So we got them dressed and I had a movie going that they could watch. It was so nice out, nice and warm and no wind. Perfect!! We drove back into Waterton and went to the church. As we were walking to the church I had to take a picture of my cute family with the mountains as a background.
My cute family ready for church!

It was pretty packed in the church. We got there early enough to find chairs in the back. We sat just in front of David and Jill and just behind the Farrahs (they are in our ward). DJ got a little crazy. I had to take him out a few times, he just kept attacking his sisters and trying to tickle them. So they were all a little loud. Sheesh! We just stayed for Sacrament meeting and then we headed back to the trailers.

We had lunch and lazed around a little bit. Then we decided to go for a drive. We took the kids to see the buffalo in the buffalo paddocks. You drive right in. Well DJ and Abbi were freaking out saying the buffalo was going to charge us. They were really worried and I couldn't figure out why. Then Abbi yelled, Like at the zoo, the buffalo charged and hit the fence in front of us. It really freaked them out! I explained that these buffalo were hot and probably laying down, which they were. We saw them all laying down. There was one, just standing there staring at us. One crazy guy got out of his car was getting up close to take a picture. Kind of stupid. Luckily nothing happened. My kids couldn't believe what he was doing.
A fuzzy picture of the buffalo!

Then we drove into the park again and drove up to Red Rock Canyon. It was super busy there. No parking anywhere. So we drove up the curb and parked on the grass. He he!! It was my idea, Richard didn't want too, but he did!! We hiked up to Blakiston Falls. It was very far, but it was super hot out. I forgot our water bottles in the car. So the kids were all complaining about how hot we were. We got there and it was cool to see the falls. I had to show the kids where I fell off the cliff! I will never live that one down! They couldn't believe that I fell that far!
Brianna, Abbi and Cadence at Blakiston Falls.

Brianna, Abbi and myself......I think Cadence took this picture.

Richard and I, with a crazy Cadence in front!

Cool DJ checking out the water falls.

The girls took a picture of this!

This is on the way back down.

Everyone was hot and tired by this point. They did awesome though!

Then we headed back down. We got to the bridge and walked down to the dry river bed. We followed it up the canyon and eventually there was some water. Everyone took off their shoes and socks and walked in the water. Well I shouldn't say everyone a few of my kids walked in the water with their shoes and socks on!! It was a good way to cool down. We had fun playing in the water. We had the perfect spot too. Hardly anyone around. After we were done and walked up further we found where everyone was. It was so crowded with people. Crazy!
DJ going in the water with his shoes on!

Brianna cooling off!

Everyone playing in the water.

Just a cool picture of the canyon...on the other side of the bridge is where most people were.

DJ, Cadence and Brianna!

Abbi had a blast in the water!

Richard with Brianna and DJ!

Abbi got soaking wet! Silly girl!

Richard got splashed by Abbi (probably because he helped her get wet!!)!

Cadence doing a little dance and showing off her wet shorts!

We got back in the vehicle and started heading back down. We decided to stop at Crandall to see if we could find the Farrah's. They told us they were camping there. So we drove around and found them. We sat down and visited with them for a while. The kids were running around playing. When a van came driving up and told us we should gather our kids up, because they just saw a black bear heading our way. So we ran around yelling for our kids. Kind of freaked me out. We told them they had to stay right by the camp site. They weren't very excited about that. But Lisa, got her painting stuff out and they happily painted rocks. It was fun to visit with them.
My kids and Sophia all painting rocks. This kept them entertained for a long time!

Then we headed back to the trailers so I could finish getting supper ready. It was my turn to cook. I put in a roast in our slow cooker that morning. I made beef on a bun. It turned out delicious. It was a huge hit even with my kids. I will have to remember that!

The kids took off playing with their friends again. The Wolsey's came over again after supper. We all sat around and told stories. Some of them were so funny! We were laughing so hard. At about 8:30pm, a trailer across from us, flashed their lights at us. I guess we were being too loud. But it was only 8:30 and there were kids running around and screaming everywhere. It made us laugh louder. Oops!! By 9pm, I gathered the kids and we put them to bed. Then I came back out to talk with Richard and Justin. We were quietly talking, nothing loud and the people in the trailer flashed their lights again. So weird. So I went into our trailer to read a book for a bit. About 30mins later, Richard came running in the trailer. I looked up and he was standing there with a half roasted marsh mellow on the stick. It was hilarious. I guess the people were coming out of their trailer and it scared Justin and Richard. So weird, because I was in my trailer right beside them and I couldn't hear them. The people were old grumps!! ha ha! Still made me laugh to see Richard standing there with his roasting stick in his hand with a marsh mellow half roasted. So funny!

Monday morning, we packed up and headed out first thing. We got home around 10am. So I had everyone help me unpack everything from the trailer. Then I started on the laundry. My parents were headed out to the lake that afternoon. So we had lunch and packed our stuff and met them at St. Mary's. Then we all loaded into the boat and found some beach. David and I went out for our skis. I slalomed and got a good ski in. Then David tried a few times. He makes me laugh. He was up and dropped his ski and it looked like he had his back foot in. He was looking good and then all of the sudden it looked like he was a tree falling. He just fell over for no reason. It was so funny. Cam and I were laughing really hard!! We went back to the beach and then the boat died. Couldn't get it to start at all. So we ended up getting a tow back to the dock. That was our last time out. Hopefully it will be an easy fix.

We got home at a good time and I made supper. Got the kids all showered and cleaned and ready for bed. The girls were really excited for school the next day. We had a short FHE about Father's blessings. Then each of the kids got a Father's blessing. Even DJ! He was so big and sat there so good and listened. So cute! Love my kids so much.

No comments: