Spencer's

Spencer's

Friday, October 18, 2013

Random Catch Ups!!

I am really trying to get caught up on my blog. So I thought I would do a random post of a bunch of pictures and things that have gone on in the last while.

1. One day I could hear my kids out on the deck laughing really hard. So I went out to investigate. They were all playing on our slide off the deck. It was really funny. They were making a train and having so much fun. Then they'd try to race each other back up to the deck. They were having a good time!
Abbi, DJ and Cadence ready to go down as a train!

Going down the slide.

Brianna was the bridge that the train had to go under!

2. During the summer some time, we were at my mom's house. I can't remember exactly what we were doing but my girls were playing with Keira. I heard Abbi laugh, and she came around the corner pushing Keira in the little baby stroller. It was so cute. I had to take a picture, because I have a picture of my girls in the same stroller with Stacey's kids pushing them. Too funny!
Cute Keira in the baby stroller!

3. At the beginning of September our ward had the Annual Ward Corn bust out at the Magrath Stake Campground. Richard was asked to help set up a bit earlier. So we all went with him about an hour early. My kids were super excited because it was hot out and they were going down the water slide. They did it for the first hour, and then we ate. Then they went back up and did it for another hour. They had a blast. DJ went down a few times....but then he'd be mad at the bottom, because his face got wet! Silly boy!! We all had a good time!
Cadence coming down!

Brianna flipped around, just as I took the picture!!

Abbi flying down on the tube. DJ watching her!

Cadence coming down with this tube thingy!

4. One night my kids got some boxes and made a train. DJ was the conductor and everyone else was sitting behind him. DJ loves playing with boxes. The crazy boy always has a bunch in his room or in the living room. Sometimes it drives me a little crazy and I will throw them away. But then he just goes and finds some more!! Funny boy!
DJ was starting to cry because Cadence flattened a box!! ha ha! Kind of funny!

5. I decided to be more organized this year and I made up some chore charts for my kids. I made one for Saturday, which we rotate. Then we have the nightly chore chart. It has made life so much easier. My kids have been so good at doing their chores without too much complaining. I love it when Brianna does her chores. She goes the extra mile every time. Her and DJ were cleaning the boot room one night and they were down there for 30 minutes. I went to check on them and they were just finishing sweeping the floor. The room was spotless. I loved it!! I also made a chart for each kid for the mornings. The mornings were driving me crazy because I sounded like a broken record always reminding them what they had to do. They each have a chart on their door with a dry erase felt. So they can check off when they did each one. That's worked really well too! Yeah!
The Saturday Chore chart on top and the daily jobs on the bottom!

All the girls morning charts look like this.

DJ's was a little bit different.

6. At the beginning of August I went to get my hair trimmed. I really liked the style that I had. Well my hairdresser had other ideas. We kind of kept the same style just went a little more extreme. So my right side is longer then the left. But the left side is super short and my hair is spiky! I wasn't too sure at first, but I love it now. It's super easy to do and fast. I've gotten a lot of compliments. Not sure, if it's because it's so different or if people actually really like it!!! ha ha!
I look a little funny here, but you kind of get the idea what my hair looks like!

7. Cadence came home sick one day, because Brianna was sick. Cadence wasn't really sick, I think she just missed Brianna. Anyways, I couldn't fine her and DJ in the afternoon. I was walking around looking for them in the house and I found them in DJ's closet with the door closed. They were watching a show on the I-pad! I had just finished cleaning DJ's room out. It was a big job and when I was done he was super excited that he could actually see the floor in his closet! Crazy boy!!
Cadence and DJ watching a movie in his closet!

8. Richard and I worked really hard a few days in a row cleaning the garage out. It was a disaster. I kept telling him I wanted it cleaned so I could start parking the Escalade inside. So we cleaned and organized the entire garage. It felt so good to get done. We even built some more shelves up top, so we could clean up the floor. It looks awesome. It's been 3 weeks and it's still clean and organized! So nice!!
The garage looking so clean and organized!

Richard's side with all his work stuff. So nice a clean!

My good looking, hard working man!!

9. Richard and I went on a date one Friday. We went to Toys R Us, just to see if there were any sales. It was fun to just walk around and look. I came around the corner and bumped into this crazy turtle!! Richard thought it was really funny! He looked crazy!
Scary looking turtle!!

10. Lisa and her kids came and slept over one day. In the morning Spencer was being super sad and just didn't know what he wanted. He kept going to the fridge, but we didn't know what he wanted. So I asked him if he wanted to bake with me. Well his face lit up and he ran and got a chair. It was super cute. So I got the mixer out and Spencer and I made some banana chocolate chip muffins. He was a really good helper and he loved doing it. So cute!!
Spencer adding stuff to the mixer. Such an awesome helper!

11. At the beginning of September our road in front of our house FINALLY was paved!! Yeah!! It was a very happy day. My kids went out in the afternoon and spent hours upon hours just riding everything they had. The twins next door came out and played with us. I'm not exaggerating when I said we spent hours!! The road was blocked off, so we didn't have to worry about cars. So much fun!! It makes it so much easier for the girls to ride their bikes or scooters to school. They ride almost every day!! Love it!
The kids out playing on the road. They were lining up to race each other.

On your marks, get set, GO!!!

12. In September, mom and I decided to do salsa again. We love the home made salsa. So the night before I was chopping up the peppers and onions and tomatoes. I hate chopping onions. Doesn't matter what I do, it always kills my eyes. So I decided to be smart and I wore goggles. I almost got away with it too, but Richard came into the kitchen and about died from laughter. He got a picture of me.....and I look crazy!! Ha ha, but it worked no tears from this girl!

I was just finishing chopping up the onions, when I realized Richard was taking a picture!!

No comments: