Spencer's

Spencer's

Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Ten On Tuesday!

1. Went for a family walk on our farm outside of Magrath. The kids were running everywhere and I reminded them to watch where they are stepping. Then Abbi pipes up and yells, "Yeah, don't step in the cow poop.....oh I mean cow litter." Ha ha ha! It was so funny. We've been telling them to watch what they say and she decided poop was a bad word. Bahahaha. So funny!

2. Abbi and Cadence made a cake all by themselves on the weekend. I was helping them flip it onto the rack to cool. It kind of broke and Abbi was upset. They were eating little pieces of cake that had fallen. Then I hear, "Oh I got a crunchie part." "Me too." I was a little curious so I took a closer look at the cake and I could see broken egg shell EVERYWHERE! I had to laugh. When Cadence told me she got a shell in the cake I assumed she meant a small piece. But no, she meant the whole egg! So that went in the garbage. Then I was helping them get the right ingredients out for the second cake. I grabbed the oil and Abbi told me she used a different kind of oil. She grabbed the bottle of vinegar and told me that's what she used. Oh boy! Good thing we ended up throwing it away! Love my girls!

3. Richard took DJ out to a movie on Saturday. DJ has really wanted to see the Lego Movie. So they went Saturday afternoon. DJ was pretty excited. It was super cute to see both of them head off together. Love my boys! They had a good time. DJ even came home with a new remote control car!

4. Sunday morning I came out into the kitchen to find all my kids eating cake and ice cream for breakfast. No joke. They actually ate a lot. They had a very helpful dad dishing out the ice cream! Ha ha!
Nothing like cake and ice cream for breakfast, while watching Netflix!!

5. Had a scary experience with Abbi and the quad. She likes to drive it when I am on with her. She ran and asked her dad if she could drive. So away they went. He was sitting behind and things were going good. She all of the sudden turned sharp and hit the throttle at the same time. Richard went flying off and landed on his back. Luckily, Abbi stopped and the quad came to a stop. Nobody was hurt. But it really scared them and me when they told me. Sheesh. Lesson learned.
Their face expressions say it all. This is when they came back.

6. I've had a terrible cold for a week and am finally feeling a lot better. No fun!

7. We found a house that we can rent. So excited. It's even closer to our farm, but still in town (barely). Plus it has a big Quonset that Richard can put his work stuff in.

8. Brianna and DJ both started soccer yesterday. They were both very excited. It was a beautiful day and they had a lot of fun.

9. We've been having problems with our Escalade. We FINALLY figured out what it was. It's been going on for over a month. I would be driving and my brakes would go on. Anyways, a long story short. Someone put the wrong oil in the brake fluid. So it has wrecked everything to do with brakes. Not very impressed. I guess someone had it out for us. Sheesh. Three thousand dollars later!

10. Only 8 weeks left of school. Yeah!!

No comments: