Spencer's

Spencer's

Monday, October 6, 2014

Our Little Get Away!

So Richard surprised me on the long weekend. We didn't have any plans and he couldn't do any work on the house because we were waiting on the trusses (took FOREVER)!! I was a bit stressed out about everything, and trying to figure out how everything was going to work. Oh, on top of it all I got a job as a bus driver! Yeah! I am taking over my Aunt Dixie's route! So I had to go to a meeting in Cardston, one morning. A bus took a bunch of drivers up. I had my kids with me, and Shelly picked them up for me. We got a lot of laughs, because I boarded the bus with all my kids and a huge bag of laundry! Ha ha! The joys of trailer life!!

Oh and Abbi came straight from the hospital with her dad. She got stung by a wasp the night before and when she woke up her whole hand was swollen so bad. It was a little scary. So he ran her in to make she everything was ok. It was, she just reacted to it. I had her on a double douse of Benadryl all day. She was one sleepy girl. Poor thing!
It's her left hand.

Poor girl was miserable.

This is once it started going down. Before her fingers looked like little sausages!

So that's just a little bit of our craziness. Anyways, you can kind of see why I was stressing a bit. Things with the house wasn't going as fast as anticipated. So Richard totally surprised me with a get away to Waterton for one night. We dropped the kids off at his parents Friday afternoon and we went up to Waterton. It was so nice. He booked a nice hotel and we just relaxed and walked around and enjoyed one anothers company.

We walked into the room and he had surprised me again by booking a "couples getaway". They had some delicious chocolate covered strawberries on the bed. Plus some yummy sparkling juice on ice for us. It was awesome!!


We walked around and went and had supper. It was so pretty out. We just enjoyed being together and talking without any interruptions! It was great! Then we walked around town after we ate. We were walking along the lake and then cut across the campground. We ran into Shelley and Travis. So we stopped and visited with them for a bit.
He didn't realize I was taking a picture!! ha ha!


Then we got back to our room and got our swimsuits on and went for a swim. Then we came back and enjoyed the strawberries and drink and watched a movie. It was awesome! We even slept in the next morning and just took our time.

After breakfast we decided to go out to Cameron Lake and rent a paddle boat. We thought we could make it across the lake. Ha ha! It doesn't look that far. We got over half way there and turned around. It was so much fun. I was ok as we were pedelling the boat but by the time we got back, I was exhausted!!! We both were.
In the middle of Cameron Lake!!

So pretty!

Getting a little bit tired!!


We headed back to Cardston to get the kids. It was a great way to relax and enjoy one anothers company. Thanks hunny!! He told me it was an early birthday gift. Which was fine by me!!!

No comments: