Spencer's

Spencer's

Saturday, October 4, 2014

Great Falls Trips!

At the beginning of August I decided that I was going to take my kids to Great Falls to get their back to school shopping all done! My kids were super excited!! We took off on a Tuesday morning and planned on staying there one night! Richard stayed home so he could work on the house.

We got there and had lunch and then a shopping we went. We headed to Target first. I think that's my favorite store. We got the kids shoes, clothes and all their school supplies there. My kids were laughing because our cart was filled to the top! I was able to get all jeans for $8. So that was a great sale. They were all really happy with the things we got!

Then we went to our hotel, which was Holiday Inn Express! We checked in and then we went swimming. They were all super excited, because there was a water slide there. My girls were all over that slide. They loved it! I finally asked DJ if he wanted me to take him down the slide once. Usually if I do that, it gives him the confidence and he'll go by himself. So away we went. We got up there and I sat him in front of me. We were sitting up, so I had to bend forward a little ways. We started going and it was super dark. Plus we were flying down that slide! We came shooting out at the end and my foot slammed into the bottom of the pool (my bad ankle). We came out so fast that I wasn't even hanging onto DJ. He went flying under the water. I had to go grab him. It was a little crazy. People were laughing, because we made a huge splash! DJ wasn't EVER going to go near that slide again. That was an epic fail!! Ha ha!

After swimming we went upstairs and got changed. Then we headed over to the Golden Corral for supper. My kids were excited about eating there. It's the perfect place for kids. They ate so good and then had so much fun eating all the yummy desserts. Cadence came back with a big thing of cotton candy! What?! My kids were in heaven. They all had cotton candy, and ice cream and brownies! So yummy! Ha ha!

We then headed over to Walmart to get a few more things. The main thing there was we wanted to check out bikes. Abbi and Brianna both needed a bike. They both found a bike they loved. The price was $65 each. So cheap. So we got the bikes and headed out. We dropped them off at my cousins house, Carrissa, on the way back to the hotel. It worked out perfect!

The whole time we were at Walmart DJ kept telling me he just wanted to go to the Temple. I was a little bit confused. I told him there isn't a Temple in Great Falls. But he kept insisting that he just wanted to go to the big Temple. We finally came back to the Hotel. As we were turning into the hotel parking lot. DJ yelled, "Yeah we're at the big Temple!" We all started laughing. He got a little bit confused.

We got back and the kids settled down and went to sleep really good! We woke up in the morning and had breakfast and then went swimming before we headed out. It was a fun morning. Then we went to the Mall to check out some stores. We got more clothes at JC Penny's. Then we went to Sonics for lunch.

After lunch we went to Carrissa's house to play with them. It was a fun day. The kids had a blast playing together. We stayed there for a few hours. Then we got the new bikes and strapped them onto the bike carrier and started to head for home. We stopped in Cutbank to get a few groceries and to get supper for the kids. It was a good trip. We got lots done!

The next day, we went out to my moms to sort through all the school supplies and label them. Then we sorted all the new clothing and labeled them. It was a big job, but we got it done. Then we headed into Lethbridge to do a few things. DJ was being super sad and I couldn't figure out why. He was crying and I happened to see in his mouth. I gasped and said, "DJ you lost a tooth!" Well that turned his frown into a puzzled smile. Then he felt it with his finger and tongue. Sure enough his tooth was gone. And there was an adult tooth poking through. We had no idea he even had a loose tooth. Crazy boy!! He was so excited. So we wrote a note to the tooth fairy so he could still get some money!! ha ha! He was super excited the next morning. What a funny boy!
DJ showing me he lost his tooth and holding up his bag with money in it! He was so excited to wake up that morning!!

Then a few weeks later it was pouring rain at home and we decided to go back to Great Falls as a family this time. Richard was able to come too! We went for the whole weekend. It was actually a nice, relaxing get away. Since it poured the whole time!! We just stayed at the hotel and the kids swam and played on a bouncy house that was set up. It was a huge hit.




We went to a few stores and got a few things but nothing big. It was mostly just having fun together. A lot of southern Albertans had the same idea. We saw a lot of people that we knew in Great Falls too.

Oh I should mention that when we first got there and had checked in. We were heading up the elevator to the second floor with all of our stuff. The elevator jerked and then stopped and the door opened a tiny bit. Just for us to see that we weren't all the way up to the 2nd floor yet. The kids started to panic and Richard kept telling them to calm down. He started jerking and kicking the doors. He finally got the one set open only to find the other set closed. He did the same thing. I'm sure we made a lot of noise, but no one came to help!! We finally got out. Sheesh, it was crazy. When Richard went to tell the front desk that we got stuck in the elevator, they didn't think it was a big deal. I was ready to leave, but this was the only hotel with any rooms open!

It was a fun little trip. Just nice to be away as a family. We all enjoyed it! Then we headed home on Sunday.

No comments: