Spencer's

Spencer's

Tuesday, October 7, 2014

The New School Year!

So that time of year snuck up on us again! So crazy how fast the summer went. Despite us being in a trailer, the time flew. And we did have a great summer. We spent 3 months in our trailer. We decided to move on Sept 1st. We moved into the basement of the house at the campground. It doesn't have a full kitchen, just a sink, fridge and microwave. But we decided we needed more room. It has one big bedroom, so we are still all in the same room. It's just full of beds!!

The night before we moved into the basement we decided to have a huge bonfire to burn all the wood we had. It was Sunday night and the kids were super excited to have a big fire. The wood was a little damp, but we had some nice people camping beside us that shared some of their wood. We got a huge fire going and we were able to burn all our damp wood too!! The kids had fun dancing and singing around the fire, and then we roast mallows and had some smores!! Yummy! It was a great way to say good bye to the summer!
Look at that huge fire!!


Cooking, or I should say burning, our marshmellows!

We woke up the next morning and my mom called and offered to take our kids to Calgary with her. She was going up with Megan, Chris, Brent and Keira to meet up with Cody and Em and go to the zoo. So the kids were excited for that too. It was a huge help. Richard and I stayed home so we could pack up and move. Such a pain!! Ha ha!

We got all settled into the basement and the trailer was taken out to the farm and put away. We were ready for school to start! The kids got home pretty late. They had a great day! We settled them down and got them into bed.

I had to get up early and ready to go drive my bus. All the kids were so excited so they were all awake when I left. Richard got them ready for school and took them for the first day. I went and drove the bus. So weird, but nice. It is working out really good. Richard and the kids have enjoyed spending time together in the morning.

Anyways, I stopped after my bus route and went in to make sure the girls were all settled in their classes. So I could take some pictures too. They were pretty happy girls!!
Abbi is in her own class again this year.

Brianna and Cadence together!!
DJ and I went and picked them up after we drove the bus. They were so excited about their first day. It was only a half day, so we had planned a little back to school party like we've done every year. I think that it's become a tradition. It's a fun tradition. I bought them each a cute little stuffie and we had some pizza and chocolate milk and some yummy candy! It was a fun day!
My three cute girls on their first day of school!

DJ didn't start school till Wednesday. That was his orientation day. I was planning on taking him at 11am. But when I got back at 8:20am from the bus no body was home. DJ and Richard walked in just after 9am. The girls had told their dad that it was DJ's first day of school and he panicked. So he hurried and go DJ ready and away they went. They got there before the teacher was even there. Then when she did show up she was a little confused!! ha ha! Then she decided to just go ahead and do the orientation with them. DJ got to make a craft with Mr. Froggly while Richard talked to Mrs. Cook. When I found out I missed the orientation I almost cried! I was looking forward taking DJ. But then I had to laugh, because Richard said he almost cried when he took DJ! Ha ha! So it all worked out. Our boy is getting so big!

So DJ's first real day was on Thursday. His dad took him to school and it worked so well. There were no tears and DJ was happy to run into the class room. Yeah!! We had such trouble last year, that I was kind of glad I wasn't dropping him off! But I did come pick him up at 11:50am and he was one happy camper. He loves kindergarten!! Yeah!!
My handsome boy on his first day of school.

My bus route is going well too. After school the girls walk two blocks with Mia Steffeson to her house. They stay there till I pick them up at about 4:15pm. So they are only there for 30mins. So it works out perfect.
Me and my bus and my bus riding buddy, DJ!! He comes with me a lot and he's really good!

DJ started doing Mon and Wed full days. He goes every morning M-Thurs from 8:30-11:50. Then I pick him up. Then on Mon and Wed I take him back at 1pm for his extra programming. It's for his speech. It's him and 3 other kids. So it's more one and one and they have a lot of fun while they do their work too. That's been going good too. The girls pick him up after school and walk with him to Steffeson's I was a little worried about that but it's been going great. I think it's been awesome for him too. He's become way more independent around me, which is awesome!

No comments: