Spencer's

Spencer's

Tuesday, November 25, 2014

DJ Turns 6!!!

I probably say this every year, but I can't believe how big my little boy is. He turned the big 6 on November 14th. He was super excited about his birthday. He actually told me a week before his birthday that he was having an all boy birthday party. "No girls, not even my sisters. But you can come mom." Oh thanks DJ!! I wasn't planning on giving him a party this year since we are squished in the basement and busy working on our house!
Tiff and Jill helped me make this cupcake truck for DJ!

So I decided to do it Thursday after Kindergarten, he invited four of his friends from school. I picked them all up and we came back home. It was freezing cold outside, so that meant, no running around outside. Kids love running around the campground! ha ha! They came in the house and I gave each of them a card board box. I told them they get to decorate it to look like a car. The boys thought that was awesome. I gave them a whole bunch of felts, stickers, glue, tape and paper. They made some cool looking cars!!
All decorated for the party!

Then they got to sit in their cars and watch a movie while they ate their pizzas. Then I brought the yummy treats out....just like at a movie theater. They were watching Dragons 2. I wasn't sure if this was going to work but it totally did.
The boys eating and watching the movie from their cars!


They lasted for about an hour and then they wanted to run around. So I opened the door to the pool room and all the boys thought that was so cool. They took their shoes off and ran around the pool. They had so much fun running and playing games in the big pool. Ha ha! It was perfect.
They were having a hopping race! Love this picture where most of them are in the air!ha ha!

RUN!!

This was a huge hit!

Then we came back in and sang happy birthday to DJ. Then they got to all blow out their own candles. They weren't too interested in actually eating the cupcakes, probably because of all the junk they ate. Ha ha!
Singing happy birthday to DJ!

Blowing their candles out!

So we opened presents. That was a huge hit. It was so cute to see how the boys were so excited to have DJ open their present. After the presents were opened the boys had fun playing with the toys together.
Love that DJ is opening his presents from his car!


Wake helping DJ with a present.

Back out in the pool playing with the new toys!

Ryerson showing me his crazy eyes!

It was a fun couple of hours. Then it was time to go. They all got to go for a ride on the bus. That's how I dropped them off at their houses! DJ was a happy boy and I was just glad it was all over. Parties are totally not my thing. But I was happy because DJ was happy! So it was a win!!

That night we went out to my mom and dad's for dinner. It was actually my brother, David's, birthday. So we went out and celebrated with them. They celebrated DJ's too! It was perfect. So fun! DJ loves his Uncle David and they almost share a birthday!! ha ha!
The Birthday boys!!! DJ and his Uncle David!

DJ playing with his new toy from Grandma and pa Paxman!

Then DJ's real birthday came the next day! He was one happy boy. He kept asking me if he was bigger. We actually had to measure him to his sisters. He's a good inch taller than Cadence and about the same height as Brianna. He still has a ways to catch up to Abbi!

We celebrated his birthday just with our little family. He chose to have pancakes and eggs with bacon and sausages for his dinner. Then we sang happy birthday to him. He chose a spiderman cake from Walmart! Ha ha! First time I've never actually made his cake. I can do that next year. He seemed totally fine with it.
His cool spiderman cake!



Blow DJ!!!

Then he opened his presents from us. It was a fun evening together as a family. He loved his castle we got him. He played with it for hours. It was so cute. He plays with it every day! Love it!
Opening his present from his sisters. Its the new Plane movie!

Opening the present from mom and dad!

He was so excited!

Watching dad get his castle out!

I couldn't imagine our family without our DJ!!! He is certainly a joy!! Always loves to make everyone laugh and he's very good at it. He has the best smile too! Love him to pieces. He loves making new friends at school and is doing so good this year. Yeah!!  Sometimes he can say the funniest things that get us all laughing. Plus he has a very contagious laugh too. When he is laughing really hard, I can't help but laugh too. I really can't, it's so hard. Especially if I shouldn't be laughing. Ha ha! We love him so much!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DJ!!!

1 comment:

The Bassetts said...

Happy Birthday DJ! I think we got that same castle for Micah for Christmas! It was fun to catch up on your blogs.