Spencer's

Spencer's

Sunday, December 11, 2016

Major Catch Up Post!

OK, since it's been a while, here is a catch up post. I'll just post the random things that have been happening at our house!

1. My parents stopped by our place on the way home from the Temple one Saturday afternoon so I could take their pictures. We went down by the creek and I took their pictures. I think they turned out pretty good!!





2. Richard and I have been trying to go on an evening walk together at least 3 times a week. It's been really nice. We are able to have good talks too, cause the kids stay at the house. We usually go right after we eat supper. One night we actually moved some of the main line and put it away. All our pets usually follow us out there too!
Tigger followed us out to the field on our walk!

Cool picture of the sun set.

3. We went to Regional Conference one Sunday and my kids wanted me to take a picture of them. They are so cute!! Especially when they are happy to go to church. That doesn't always happen. But they were all happy this Sunday!
So cute!

4. We are slowly getting things done upstairs. We got the cupboards and the counter tops on. It looks so good. Ken was putting the crown molding on top of the cupboards the other day. It looks amazing!
Our bathroom counter top is finished and Richard put on the handles for the cupboards. It's so nice!

Kitchen cupboards getting finished.

Ken putting on the crown moldings.

5. Ever since coming home from the hospital I've had this weird craving of fresh carrots. Roosters get carrots from Rockport colony and they are absolutely delicious. Plus I've had a LOT of people bring by some of their carrots from their gardens. I've eaten so many carrots that the other day in church I noticed that the palm of my hands looked orange. We were all laughing about it!
Love these carrots. So delicious!

6. We sold our Escalade a few weeks ago to a couple in Kalispel. The deal was they would come across the border and we'd sell it on the Canadian side. The only thing is neither of them have a passport, but their 18 year old daughter did. So she walked across the border and met us. She gave me the cash and I was counting it while she was sitting in the drivers seat. She laughed and said, "I know this is legal and all but this feels a bit shady.....me sitting in a black Escalade while you are counting cash in a parking lot!" We both laughed. Then 2 seconds later a siren went off on the Canadian side. It kind of scared us and we looked at each other and nervously laughed. Then a border guard started running over to us yelling. We then realized he was yelling at the guys beside us. It was a little crazy. Everything was in order and she drove off! Gonna miss the Escalade, but we really needed to money for bills. So that's what we did.
There goes our Escalade!

7. Richard came home one Saturday with 2 little kittens tucked down inside his jacket. The kids were super excited. They played with them inside for a bit and then I told them to take them outside so they can get used to it. So now we have 4 kitties! They are awesome at catching mice! Yay!
Cuddling the new little kittens!

8. The kids had some friends over one Friday afternoon. They were making some home made goo! They were having a blast at making a huge mess! It was really funny to watch. I had to take a picture.
Love DJ's expression!! Ha ha!

9. We've had a really mild winter over all. But last week it started out really cold and stayed cold all week. I had to put layers on in order to drive the bus every morning. I'd be all bundled up and take a cup of hot chocolate with me so I could stay warm!!
Me all bundled up in my new coat!!

10. The girls were chimney sweeps and sang Chim chim cha roo, for a school assembly. My mom and I both went to watch. They all did so good. It was so fun to watch. Way to go girls!
My 3 girls were part of this small group that sang part of the song as all the other kids were getting set up.

Then they were part of the big group. There's Brianna and Cadence. Abbi is in that group somewhere!

They did so good!

11. DJ had his birthday, and we told him that he could come on a birthday date with his mom and dad one night. Well he thought about it and came to me with tears in his eyes and said he really wanted his sisters to come too. He was pretty adamant that they come and we make it a family date night. So that's what we did. We went to the movie Moana and then stopped at a sport store to browse. DJ thought it was funny when we put a boxing helmet on him. It was a fun evening together!
Such a cute movie. All my kids loved it!

Put your dukes up!! Ha ha!

12. DJ got a little wood car kit from the dollar store. He sat down and put it together himself, with a little bit of help from me. Then he painted it and put on the stickers. He did such a good job! Way to go DJ!
DJ with his car!

No comments: