Spencer's

Spencer's

Thursday, December 22, 2016

Christmas Fun!

The girls were invited to their friend, Taylor's, birthday party last Saturday. So that left me and DJ home alone. He was so bored! We had cleaned and got things tidied up in the morning before the girls had left. So I told DJ that he could make a Christmas craft if he wanted too. He thought that was a great idea. So I set things up for him at the table. He sat down and was making a Santa face out of a paper plate. He took it very seriously and worked very hard at it. So cute to watch.



While he was doing that I quickly made a double batch of short bread cookies with nuts in them. Then I did a double batch of plain short bread cookies. Once they had all cooled, DJ helped me melt some chocolates and we dipped the cookies. He was a great helper!! He loves helping me when his sisters aren't here to over take him! Ha ha! Then he just loses interest. We got a lot done in that afternoon.
Getting ready to dip the cookies!

The delicious, half chocolate dipped cookies!

DJ took a little break and was watching some TV. Silly boy, sat like that the whole time!! No sisters around to get mad at him to move!

Oh, I should mention that the Friday before I was super tired. Like so tired that I fell asleep around 3:00pm, telling the kids I just needed to rest. They were totally fine with that I let me be. But I guess Richard came home and they checked on me and I was sawing logs. So he got the kids ready and they took off for Lethbridge. I woke up around 5:30pm just as they were leaving. I was a little bummed that they left me at first, but then quickly realized that I had no energy, so I was glad to be home by myself. I tidied up and then got a movie going and watched while I ate some supper. It was a relaxing evening. They came home all happy and excited. They had gotten some Rudolph antlers and nose for our Durango! They were excited to show me.

On Sunday, DJ was excited to wear his suspenders with his suit jacket and bow tie. It was so cute. So I had to take some pictures of him by the tree and upstairs. He cracks me up. He went to church fine this Sunday and the Bishop announced that DJ got baptized and is the newest member of the church. I told DJ to look up and the Bishop smiled at him and that made DJ smile. Then all was well. Sheesh, all that craziness the week before cause DJ didn't want to be called up to the stand. What a boy!

His crazy smile! I love it!

So so handsome!

Love him!! He looks so big and old in his suit! So handsome!

For FHE we had a little lesson about Christmas and then watched Mr. Kruger's Christmas. The kids loved it and we talked about it for a bit. Then they got to sit down and each decorate a Ginger bread man. They all had so much fun and I loved that they each got to do their own. They loved that too! It made for a fun night!
Abbi and Brianna busy working on their gingerbread men!

This crazy guy had just gotten home from working late! Ha Ha!! We were all laughing at his crazy hair!

DJ and Cadence working hard on their master pieces!

Big smiles for Brianna!







They all worked so hard and did such a good job on their Gingerbread men!!!

I ended up getting sick by Tuesday night. I had the chills and was just feeling awful. I slept on Wednesday but still felt horrible. I could hardly swallow. So I ended up going to the Doctors on Thursday morning. Sure enough I had strep. I asked if I could get some blood work done to make sure things are all still ok. He looked at me and said he wanted to check my Liver cause I'm looking a little yellow. I laughed a bit and said, No it's just cause I'm eating too many carrots. He looked at me and asked how much. I told him around 1-2 lbs a day. It was really funny. So I'm cutting down with the carrots, cause I am looking a little sickly with my skin color. But man, I miss my yummy, crunchy carrots! ha ha!

Richard's parents watched our kids Friday night so we could go on a date. The kids stayed over night. On Saturday we woke up and decided to paint the upstairs. So I called to make sure that the kids were ok staying for the day. We are such last minute people! Ha ha! So we painted all day long. It is looking so good! I'm loving it!

Then last night we had another FHE on the Nativity, a lesson that Cadence gave us. So cute. Then DJ did a short little activity and then they sat down and started icing cookies. We had super tired and some sick kids. Abbi went straight to be. Her and Brianna have strep throat too. Not fun.
Cadence, Brianna and DJ working hard on icing their cookies!


DJ was taking this icing business very seriously!!

And there's my sick Abbi tucked into bed!

She really wanted me to take a picture of her Lego creations!

Two sick girls home from school.



No comments: