Spencer's

Spencer's

Saturday, December 10, 2016

Halloween 2016!!!

OK, I'm way behind again!! Sheesh, get all caught up then I just let the blog go. So here goes a post on our Halloween. I took the kids into Lethbridge one Friday to get their costumes ready. I told them that we weren't spending lots of money on costumes. They all figured out what they wanted, except for Cadence. Brianna decided that she's going to be a gum ball machine. So we got her a white shirt and some colorful pom poms and a cute colorful hat that went along with it. She made her costume herself! Abbi wanted to be a jailbird with her friend Taylor. So we got them matching costumes which weren't expensive at all. Then DJ really wanted to be a master spy. So all we needed for that was a black hat and a mustache, he had everything else at home. Cadence couldn't decided AT ALL. She had a bit of a freak out and screamed all the way home. Sheesh. I told her when she decided what she wanted to be that we would go get the stuff. She wanted to be a cat, so we made it here and she had fun making the ears and I made the tail. So that's what they wanted to be!

On the Monday before Halloween we were planning on carving the pumpkins. I had the pumpkins ready to go. I was cooking supper and went to pull it out of the oven. It was a freezer meal of shepards pie that someone gave to us. As I was pulling it out and walking to the table and it folded up in my hand and slipped out. My reaction was to try to catch it. So when it hit the ground the gravy and mashed potatoes splashed up and landed on my face and neck. I screamed and was trying to swipe them off with my oven gloves on. It burnt me pretty bad. I was pretty miserable. I had ice packs on my face, eye, and neck and chest. The kids were all trying to help and Cadence jumped up and cleaned up the mess on the floor. It was a little crazy. So we didn't carve pumpkins that night. Richard worked late and I didn't feel like doing anything after that. My face looked horrible that whole week. It healed ok though. If you look carefully you can see the little burn scars!

This was a few days after it happened. Pretty sore. I even burnt myself on my eye lid. Crazy, eh?! Oh and behind my ear too!

We finally did carve pumpkins in the middle of the week. The kids were excited. We helped a little bit. They like to design their own and write it on the pumpkin. Then we cut it out. So here are their pumpkins.
They all cleaned out the pumpkins themselves!


The finished products!

The little pumpkins we got from our own garden!

Scary pumpkins!

Halloween was on a Monday this year. I woke up feeling absolutely terrible. I think I scared Richard a little bit, because he called the doctor and we went straight into Raymond. We figured out that my iron is low and I had started to take the iron pills that weekend before and they made me sick. So he got me on different iron pills and those have been working way better. My blood level is still a little low but he said that's normal. Plus my incision still hurts and he told me that it was normal too and I need to be patient! Ha ha!!! Oh plus, he told me to go back on the pantiloc pills, that helps with my stomach too. So I did and feel so much better.

I was able to help the kids get ready in the morning for Halloween. They were all so excited. It was raining, so I drove them out to the end of our driveway and they waited in the vehicle till the bus came. I loved being able to be there in the mornings for September and October. This was the last day for that. I was starting to drive bus on Nov 1st. But I enjoyed helping the kids! Here they are before they got on the bus!
My cute kids ready to go to school!!

Isn't he the cutest Master Spy ever!!! Lol!

I went to the school and watched them march in their Halloween parade. I didn't take any pictures, because I was way up top and wasn't quick enough to come down to get pictures. Oh well! Ha ha! I enjoyed watching them! They were all super happy!
There's DJ marching in the parade.

There's Abbi and Taylor at the front and Cadence is behind them.

I came home and layed down for a nap. I was exhausted. Well my cell phone rang and it said Unknown number. I was going to ignore it but decided to pick it up. Luckily I did, because it was Dr. Mack calling from Calgary. He told me that he got the results in and the tumor came back as cancerous free, they still don't know what kind of tumor it was. But that's ok with me! Then the lymph nodes came back benign. YAY!!! So excited!! I ran upstairs to tell Richard. What a nice surprise to hear that early too. He also said that he wants me to have a CT scan in Lethbridge in the new year. Then we will go from there, as what is going to happen with that 2nd tumor. What a huge relief!

Abbi was invited to go to Taylor's house after school and then to go Trick or Treating with Taylor. She was excited for that. The other 3 came home and we had a quick supper together and then away we went! They were so excited to go trick or treating. I didn't walk around too much. It tired me out way too fast. But they had fun walking around together.
Ready to go trick or treating!



Here's my cute Jail Bird!!

Then we came home and they immediately dumped their candy and started organizing it while they watched a Halloween movie. It was the perfect way to end our Halloween day. Abbi came home not too long after us. She had a blast but her feet were killing her cause they did so much walking!!

Watching and organizing his candy!


My cute cat in her cat jammies!


Abbi checking out her loot!

No comments: