Spencer's

Spencer's

Friday, March 11, 2011

About Cadence!



What to say about Cadence! Where to start! She is also loving school. She totally adores her teachers aide, Mrs Perks. I always know when Mrs. Perks was sick or not at school, because Cadence will come home kind of sad and not all excited like she usually does. It makes me happy knowing there are such good teachers in the pre-school.


Cadence LOVES to paint. She is always asking me if she can paint. We've had many "paint incidents" in our house because of her love of painting! She also loves to do crafts but painting is her favorite. I try to take them to Stay and Play in Raymond a few times a month and that's basically all they do there, is paint. It's a great place for them to do it and less mess for me to worry about.

Cadence painting at Stay and Play. This is our main reason for going so they can paint their little hearts out! We were the only ones there for the first hour, so nice!

She's showing me her lion puppet that she made all by herself, she did very good!

Doing the messy play at stay and play. This time they gave them glue and cotton balls and cotton sticks. She loves it, made a huge mess and was very happy!



I always know if Cadence has woken up happy or sad in the mornings. If she is happy she'll quietly walk in our room or the kitchen (wherever we are) with her blanket over her head. We always say, "Oh look there's a ghost coming in the room." Then she'll do a little giggle and then pop the blanket off her head and ROAR! It's so cute and she has been doing it for a long time. She'll then giggle away about it and skip around and want to eat right now! As soon as Cadence wakes up she is hungry. Luckily she doesn't wake up at 5:30am anymore, it's usually around 7am. But when Cadence doesn't come in the room like that she is usually crying about something or just plain grumpy. So we are all happy when she comes in our room like a ghost!

This is how Cadence comes into our room (like she did today!) when she is happy!! It's so cute to watch and I love to hear her laugh after she roars at us!




Cadence has always been my girl that sometimes over reacts! She just over thinks things. She can hear something at school or wherever and just think about it and freak herself out. But most of the time I don't know what's going on in that little head of hers so I can't stop it before we have a "reaction"! But if I'm there I can put a stop to it. For example we were having a story time with Erin (she comes and works with Cadence twice a month), and it was talking about strangers. I was watching Cadence and could see her brain a working and the look on her face was telling me we were going to have a melt down. I hurried and talked to her about and Erin realized what I was doing and explained it more, which helped. Anyways, the past 2 months she's had a thing about the whole stranger thing. I don't know how it started but all of the sudden I couldn't run into the post office without Cadence flipping out (it takes me all of 10 sec).

Cadence is showing you this little squiggly worm, that is on a fishing line.
It took her a LONG time to be able to touch this thing. One time she thought she was brave and went to touch it, while it was on the ground. She bent down and touched it and then jumped back. Well when she bent over the fish line got caught on her pants so when she jumped back squiggly worm jumped towards her. She SCREAMED and started running, when she turned to look where it was and saw squiggly bouncing after her she about had a heart attack. I had to stop her and explain that it was caught on her pants. She then did a very nervous laugh. It was so funny! This happened a while a go but thought I should write it down!



So bed time has become a bit harder with Cadence. Before she would be fine, but now she'll start crying about bad dreams. I've tried everything with her, but didn't want to start staying in there. So finally last week after I read them a story and after prayers I asked Cadence if she would like me to sing a song (warning: I don't have a good voice at all!). She said yes. So I laid down beside her and rubbed her arm lightly and sang, "I am a Child of God". I sang that twice and I could feel Cadence relax and she was asleep before I walked out and she slept all night with no nightmares. We now do that every night and it has been two weeks and she hasn't had one nightmare. I wish I would of thought of it sooner. It works like a charm! She loves it when I sing to her.



Funny story about Cadence that happened the other night at supper. We were eating homemade pizza and drinking chocolate milk. I looked over at Cadence who was sucking so hard, because her straw was kinked. It looked so funny and her eyes were getting so big while she was sucking. I laughed and said, "Cadence your sucking so hard it looks like your eyes are going to pop out." About 5 seconds later Cadence is SCREAMING like crazy. I was confused and was about to ask Cadence what was wrong. She was slapping her hands over her eyes screaming. I then clued in. It was so funny. I grabbed her arm and had to yell her name to get her attention. She looked at me and I explained that her eyes are fine, that I was just joking (really I just said a stupid expression, didn't mean for her to freak out). I tried to explain to her that it's just a silly expression that people sometimes say when your eyes go really wide. So I pretended to lift the table and opened my eyes really wide, thinking I was explaining it really good. Nope! She started screaming, because she thought my eyes were going to pop out. Ha ha ha! It was so funny. We finally got her settled down and we stopped talking about eyes! Cadence eating her supper! This was not the night she freaked out though!





Cadence LOVES to make cookies and is always asking me. If the cookie jar is empty then it's time to make cookies. So hard for me when I'm trying to eat good and always baking things! It's been fun trying different cookie recipes and having her tell me which one is her favorite. She loves chocolate chip cookies and the ginger snap cookies (the ones you roll in sugar)!
Cadence rolling the gingerbread snaps in sugar. She was a happy camper!




Cadence is always very worried about other people. If her sisters or brother are sick, it really worries her and she trys to help them. It's very cute. She'll want to go and get them a little "surprise" to make them feel better. Or she'll sit down and make them something. Last month a family lost their home and everything they own in a fire. It was such a blessing that they weren't home with their 4 small kids at the time. They are members of the Lethbridge Twin and Triplet Club. Anyways Cadence heard me talking about it to someone and she was so worried about (so were her sisters). They walked around the house trying to figure out what they can give the family. We gathered up a lot of blankets, towels, and our crib and change table and took it in to them. The girls wanted to give them so much more, it was so cute. It's amazing to see the community and family and friends come together to help a family in need. This family was given everything they need. Sometimes out of the blue, Cadence will ask about this family and if they are ok. It's sweet to see her more worried about other people then herself.




Oh one thing I remembered is the way she says her grandparents name. If I tell her we are going to Grandma Spencer's house this is what she'll ask me, "Is that mama Pacman (how she says Paxman) or mama Katie?" Yup she calls her Grandma and Grandpa Spencer, mama Katie and papa Katie. Why you ask, because they have a dog named Katie. I get a kick out of it every time. I always say Grandma or pa Spencer but she still calls them Katie, ha ha ha! It makes me laugh, she's so funny!

Cadence jumping on my bed. Abbi was taking pictures of her without me knowing. They took a LOT of them. They sure had fun though!
Cadence laughing really hard in this picture. That's one thing I need to say, Cadence has the best laugh ever. Whenever she starts laughing really hard it's so hard for me not to join in. She sure is a cutie! Don't you love the chocolate all around her mouth!




So there are some things about Cadence and what she's been up to lately.

No comments: