Spencer's

Spencer's

Monday, March 14, 2011

About DJ!

My cute little boy. He is such a busy, busy boy! That's for sure! I have realized that I do write a lot about him, but have been trying to figure out what is new that he is doing. As I am typing this I can hear him kicking his bedroom wall, which is also my bathroom wall. BANG, BANG, BANG! That always tells me that he is almost asleep. For some reason just before he nods off, his feet start kicking. Crazy kid!

We have been trying to wean him off of his chocolate milk. This was totally my fault. This boy LOVES his chocolate milk. So that's what he has been drinking. Not the healthiest, all the time. So now he's allowed two sippy cups full of chocolate milk a day. He's been doing good. He does love his milk too. He now takes his sippy cup of water to bed, instead of milk. He just started taking his sippy cup to bed in the past month. He's never done it before, but he was crying for it and I gave in. It's usually at 5 or 5:30 in the morning. He usually takes a couple of sips and goes back to sleep till 7am. If I don't then he's up wandering the house waking everybody up (yes that has happened).



He is, by far, my pickiest kid to get dressed. My girls always let me dress them up matching, meaning I picked out what they wore when they were 2yrs old. Not DJ, he has to pick and sometimes the things he wants makes me laugh. He loves to wear his jammie shorts. So I make him put on a pair of pants, he screams the whole time I am stuffing his legs in his pants! Then I take his shorts and put them on him, then he is a happy boy! He loves wearing his shorts! He looks so goofy, but oh well!



One of DJ's favorite things to do is to carry his tools around and fix things. It's hilarious. He'll come till me he's fixing things by making his "fixing" sound (chhh, chhh) and turning his hand back and forth. He'll fix my walls, his car and the doors. It's very cute. Sometimes if his sisters keep bugging him, he'll start chasing them and try to fix them! They all think it's very fun and it turns into a game!

Here he is packing up some of his tools. Oh I forgot to mention DJ's love of hats! I bought this new Cars hat in Kalispel and he has to wear it everywhere!

DJ ready to go work on somethng with his tool box in hand!




After struggling so much with taking DJ to nursery he now LOVES it! On Sunday we were going to leave DJ home with Cadence (she was sick) and Richard. But he over heard us talking about not taking him to church and he ran into his room and tore through his drawer and came running into my room with his sunday pants. He kept grunting and pointing to himself. I asked if he wanted to go to church and he goes, "uh hu". He came to church with me and the girls and did ok during sacrament meeting. The big problem was I didn't check to see what was packed in his bag before we came. He went and put all his Cars in with the Mack truck. Which is ok except the truck makes LOTS of noises. Luckily I caught it before he pulled it out of the bag (this was during sacrament), and took it away. This caused DJ to start screaming. We had to leave. When we came back I quickly took the truck and hid it underneath the bench. He kept putting his hands out, asking me where it was. Then he played happily the rest of the time, and was excited to go to nursery. YEAH! So that's good!

This isn't nursery but Stay and Play in Raymond. He would never let me move around the room, he'd scream. But now he runs off and plays with everything. He played with this tool bench for awhile.

DJ asking me to help him make the train track. I think I'd fail if it were a test. I couldn't make a good one at all! But he was happy!







DJ is always the puppy or kitty when the girls play house. He really gets into the mode and does very good! He loves playing puppy and it's so funny to watch. I caught Abbi throwing a fake doggy bone down the hallway and DJ takes off on all fours to go get it. He'll pick it up with his mouth and bring it back to Abbi. She even went and got him a bowl of water and he sat there and drank from it with his tongue. So cute! DJ decided to eat like a puppy at the dinner table one night.


He actually ate quite a bit that night so I didn't stop him. He's usually pretty picky, but he ate everything on his plate!




One of his favorite things to do is wrestle. He loves to tackle his sisters and take them down. He's very good at it and they don't mind it, most of the time! They will roll around and he can usually pin them down. If Richard or I get down on the floor he is very quick to jump onto our backs and ride us like a horse! He loves to do that and sometimes he jumps on me when I'm not expecting it. He's a funny little boy!

DJ taking Cadence down. It's so funny to see them all wrestle!




It's so fun to see what he does every day. Like yesterday, I walked into the tv room and saw him lifting my weight. He was grunting and pumping the weight up and down. Then he put it down and got down in a push up stance, and started grunting and moving his butt up and down!! Then he jumped up and started jumping and flapping his arms around (jumping jacks). Guess who he was copying....yup me, even though I wasn't exercising right then. He did that all on his own. It was pretty funny! Abbi thought it was hilarious.
DJ's normal place to be in the morning. He likes to cuddle in all my pillows and watch Curious George, with his toast and Mack truck!



He is such a funny little boy. He loves to get his sisters to laugh and he trys really hard everyday to do that!

No comments: