Spencer's

Spencer's

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Sick Again!

I thought we had our turn being sick for a week. But I thought wrong. We got home from Kalispell last Thursday and I had some really good helpers unloading the burb. Richard had to take off right away and do some service calls. So I unloaded the burb and brought everything to the bootroom. After the burb was clean I came in and to my surprise all the suitcases were gone. I came upstairs and found Abbi and Brianna unloading all the suitcases. The surprising thing is they put everything away in it's proper place! What a nice surprise. Brianna didn't stop till I had everything put away.


I then started making supper. I decided to make something good that we all like. So I made shake and bake chicken. The one thing that drives make absolutely crazy with this house is the number of smoke alarms we have. It's totally over kill. I have 3 all around the kitchen area. So when my oven is on, the alarms go off every time. My kids know exactly what to do they run and grab a pillow or towel and wave it by the alarm (it never works because they're all too short)! They've seen me do it so many times. Well the alarms kept going off this night. Poor DJ had had enough and was screaming for them to stop. He finally clamped his hands over his ears and just wanted me to hold me. Crazy alarms!
DJ and Cadence waving the pillows to try to stop the smoke alarm from beeping.
Poor DJ just wanted the noise to stop.



After supper and a little relaxing time we put the kids to bed. They all went to bed so good and were all happy. We had some friends over to play some card games that night. Looking back we should of gone to bed a lot earlier than we did. DJ woke up at 6am, like he usually does. He always has to go to the bathroom then goes back to sleep. So I was half awake sitting in front of him holding him on the toilet, in the dark. He made a funny sound and I looked up and he threw up EVERYWHERE. Not a very fun wake up call. It was all over him, me, the floor and his car potty seat. He was more upset about his potty seat then anything else. We got him cleaned up and the bathroom and by this time everyone else woke up to his screaming. Cadence came into the hallway saying she wasn't feeling good and she proceeded to throw up everywhere. Thus began our Friday morning.


Richard had a full day of work to do and left. He felt bad but I told him the kids and I weren't going anywhere. DJ threw up a few more times that day. He and Cadence both had fevers all day long. They were miserable. I had put Curious George on at 9am and left the room for a minute and came back to both of them sound asleep. Cadence woke up and threw up again, then went back to sleep for a couple of hours. DJ had about 3 naps that day. I was so focused on those two that I really didn't notice Brianna till the afternoon. Her left eye was all red and swollen and she was crying about her eye. So I took her into the doctors and he thought it was like a cold sore under her eye.
Cadence sound asleep at 9am in the morning. She carried that bowl around with her for 2 days. Good thing too!
DJ asleep in my bed. I knew he was sick when he kept falling asleep on Friday. He usually has so much energy that I have to fight him to have one nap!
DJ perked up a little bit at around 9pm on Friday night. He was starving and wanted some toast. I was hoping that he was over it, but no. It all came up in the middle of the night.....eeeewwww!



Saturday morning she woke up and it had spread to her right eye. The poor girl was so miserable and crying and crying over her eyes. DJ and Cadence had been throwing up through out the night and were miserable too. I was exhausted from lack of sleep. So I packed them all up and took them to the hospital. The doctor looked at Brianna first and put a freezing drop in her eye. She, of course, freaked out. I had DJ in my arms, who had fallen asleep. So I was trying to hold him and help Brianna at the same time. Didn't really work. He woke up crying. The doctor wanted to test the surface of her eye to make sure it wasn't infected. After all that he gave us a perscription that takes care of cold sores. DJ was looked at and he had the flu and strept throat. Cadence just had the flu. So we went to the pharmacy to get Brianna and DJ's medicine then we came home.
This is Brianna on Saturday night. The picture really doesn't do it justice, but you can see that her eyes are a little poofy and red.
This is Sunday morning. Even though she was so sad as soon as I got the camera out she gave me this cute smile! I didn't take a picture on Monday or Tuesday, but the eyes got way worse. She looked like a sunburnt racoon. Poor girl.



Abbi, who has been feeling fine, helped her dad clean the whole house. It was nice coming home to a clean house. She was such a big help to me. She helped me all Friday with anything I asked her. I didn't have to worry about her at all. Friday night I came into to kitchen and found that she had cleaned off the table and put some flowers (fake ones) in her water bottle and put it in the middle of the table. So cute. She also made her bed and her sisters and put flowers on her bed. Then also in the handle of the dresser. It was so cute. She was very proud of it too. Kept asking me if she saw the flowers she put out! I had bought them to make some flower bows for the girls.
I had to take a picture of my clean table with the flowers Abbi put in her water bottle!
The flowers she put in her dresser. So cute!



Luckily by Monday Cadence and DJ were feeling themselves. But Brianna was just getting worse. Her eyes were so swollen and red. I have to say that it was just the skin all around her house. I phoned the doctor Monday morning and explained what was happening (he saw her on Friday) and he said it sounds like a bacterial infection so he phoned in a antibiotic for her. We got her started on that, but again by Tuesday it was worse and she was still crying. I was getting a little frusturated and mad at the doctors by this time. I know it's not their fault but I was sleep deprived and tired of seeing my girl suffer. We got in with our family doctor (who we haven't seen yet) and I took her in. He looked at her and said it was allergies. She had reacted to something. To what were not sure, but I'm guessing Macy. He gave her an awesome perscription to put around her eyes. I also got her some Benadryl and gave that to her before bed time.YEAH, we all got some sleep that night. It was so nice. She woke up this morning and looked so much better! She even told me she felt all better. She was able to go to school again too.
Abbi and DJ Sunday afternoon. I think DJ was starving. He grabbed a spoon and started eating from Abbi's bowl. It was pretty funny.
Here is Cadence later Sunday afternoon. This was when she started acting more like herself and was telling me she was feeling better.



I feel so bad that it took us that long to figure it out. I should of guessed allergies but I've never seen a reaction like that. It usually affects the eyes too, but the white of her eyes were not infected at all. It was just the skin all around. So Macy is back at my mom's right now. Abbi cried all the way to my parents. She did not want Macy to go. We will get this cleared up and maybe get her back. My Father in Law has the same thing. But they just give their dog a bath at least once a week and he is fine. So we will see and I know what to watch for. Brianna also knows that she has to wash her hands if she ever touches any animals. The confusing part was we got Macy about 6 weeks ago and she has been fine. So I'm thinking it's something that Macy had on her fur from outside. That's why I need to bathe her more. We're hoping that will work, because we are all missing (including Brianna) Macy. But if it doesn't Macy will have to go. We will see what happens.


So this was our exciting sick week. I was snack mom today for Abbi. I actually switched with someone because her son was sick. There has been a lot of sick kids lately. I think it's this crazy weather, going from freezing cold to warm to cold again. I'm sick of winter and want it to go away!

2 comments:

Jay&Nic said...

Oh.My.Goodness! I can't imagine dealing with throw up from 3 kids! Ugh. Hope they are feeling better and you get to catch up on your sleep!

The Bassetts said...

I am so, so sorry! I am dealing with sick kids too...Alan threw up a couple of times today and he has run a fever all day and he says his throat hurts. Micah and Conner both have runny noses and my throat is starting to hurt. I think I would go crazy if I had more than one kid throwing up at a time. I am SO sick of winter - I just want it to warm up and be able to take the kids outside to play instead of being cooped up in the house all the time. Anyway, sorry to start ranting. I hope you are getting more sleep and I will pray that you don't get sick too.
Carissa